NSFW Thoughts?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Bought this the other day - will use or short distances, going to the shops, kindergarden runs, etc - maybe school run.

Also got a helmet, gloves and a high-vis vest. Wife is researching for a kids chair (I would prefer shotgun, she wants a rear mounting one so that both my 3yr old and my 7yr old would fit)

Any other stuff that might not be obvious to me? I'm not new to riding, but I sold my MTB 6 years ago, haven't touched one since.

Ta

View: https://youtu.be/qK_9KuNr4Ts

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It is, indeed, a bike.

And bikes are good things. We should use them more :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Some cleaning stuff like muc-off but most importantly on the cleaning side a a chain cleaning tool which makes cleaning the chain easy and quick.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's true - but be cognisant that you can clean your bike too much. Keep your drivetrain clean (but not for a while - the wax on a new chain is brill). When you do need to lube your chain, make sure you wash it, rinse it, dry it, THEN lube it, then wait a while before making sure you wipe the excess lube off with a rag - only the pins/rollers need lube on them - and excess lube attracts dirt.

If you're using it on the road it'll remain largely clean :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally mine was mainly road riding to and from work and I found it gives a false look of being clean because you get a lot of fine grit which is very good at grinding away the sprockets.

Also when it comes to new tyres you shouldn't scrimp on them, I did invest more in my road tyres so I could get lower rolling resistance and stop those bastard little well worn stones from giving me punctures all the time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Tom's yer man for road ride basics.

I can tell you how to bounce down rocks whilst only breaking a couple of ribs every now again.

No punctures tho ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom