thoughts/question on RvR

xanir

Fledgling Freddie
Well, recently my character (necromancer) has finally been getting high enough to take part in proper RvR – admittedly not Emain, but keep stuff in odins and hadrian’s. A couple of nights ago I was with a force of albs who were running around the frontiers taking our keeps back for the mids. I think we had just taken sursbury, and were waiting outside for doors to be repaired, when someone shouts hibbies inc.

I look around a bit and see 1 fg of them coming at speed 5 up the hill, so I target one and start to cast a spell. It was a bit hard to see with about 3-4 groups of albs all sitting in one place, but I think my pet was interrupted by AE amnesia, and then the hibs arrived. From this point, I saw some sparkly PBAE graphics, and died.

Just like that. One minute my pet was up, 2 secs later it was down, and before I could even react I was dead too. Total time from hibbies inc to my death ~ 10 secs. Total time from first PBAE to my death ~ 4 secs.

I understand that as a non 50 necro without capped resists, I’m obviously going to get thrashed by a decent fg, but that quickly? Also, it wasn’t just me – in 20 secs total, 1 fg of hibbies had killed about 30 albs before finally getting swarmed by sheer numbers.

Is RvR always going to be like this – over in 20 seconds? Because if yes, I feel it really does need to be slowed down. Discuss :p

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
if you sit like mindless cattle outside a keep standing around and waiting to get PBAEd to death, then yes it will always be over in 20 secs for you.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
You should count yourself lucky that you died in 4 secs, it could be all over in 2 secs too imo :p. But 1st: You are not lvl 50, it makes a (huge) difference. 2. You don't have SC'ed stuff, not capped resists etc. 3. You probably don't have any of the (oh so uber :/) TOA items 4. You are low RR

Sadly, these 4 things make it kinda normal that you die in 4 seconds. You can call things 'unbalanced' if you have everything that I mentioned above but still get killed in under 10 secs. If that happens I would say RVR battles are over way too fast. But if a good dedicated RVR groups fights against anoter good RVR group, you'll have battles sometimes that last more than a few minutes.

And add to that, Necro's are very weak to spell damage. It's because your pet is lvl 44 (and if you're not lvl 50 yet, way lower) so all spell damage and resists will be calculated as if you were lvl 44.

Hintshigen

Fledgling Freddie
Whoever was in charge of that clusterf!ck should have had everyone spaced out a bit and not all sitting on top of one another. That's just simple tactics... something I wish I could see more of in this game :(

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
The amount of times I've seen Dem Hibbies and other clued up guilds run up to keep doors and wipe multiple groups of us mids is scary (I heard once that almost 10fgs+ of mids were killed in one go but that might be a bit of a legend). The answer, just don't stand all in one bunch. PBAOE will wipe anyone in a few seconds, it does require an element of suprise and a certain amount of carelessness on the side of the people dying though.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
on the other hand, if hibs get mezzed.. and they dont purge out.. the enchanters go down very quick :X

So it's basicly a give and take situation..

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
When your life depends on a blue con pet vs a pbaoe box its not really suprising. Necros are great vs tanks but your always going to have problems with casters until mythic gives you a little love.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
little love? bah, they are a solid class. Too bad they aint fotm in rvr too? no, that's just for the good cause

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
little love? bah, they are a solid class. Too bad they aint fotm in rvr too? no, that's just for the good cause

Necros Melee resists should transfer to magic resists in the same way, i'd like to see L40 caster nuke you in 3 secs when you have 65% magic resist with just capped resist and self pet buffs. Necros have so many bugs that its impossible for someone to kill you without abusing one of them. In your case it was mezzing you for full duration and the fact you took damage as if you was a L44.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:

there is no class that a necro can beat in RvR if that class doesn't want to be beaten, trouble is most tanks seem to think they will be the exception to the rule and stand toe to toe with them instead of just stun/root/snaring the pet and running off. The necro can't send his pet after you without risk of losing control or gaining aggro.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
running away from something is losing, not winning

i do understand that random albs may need to think its winning though :p

casters will normaly rape necros due to the low resists
but a necro should not lose to any tank if buffed

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Necro's are a fair class as they are, we actually shouldnt discuss it here but well just want to say that they are GODLIKE against tanks and kinda weak against casters. Mythic can decide to nerf the +con adding to absorb rate and higher up the pets resists or it will just stay like it is atm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom