Thoughts on Clerics after Gorre dueling.

T

Tigerius

Only tested in duels so not fully representative of RvR reality with entire groups having +16% spirit, multiple attackers, heal issues and otherwise different roles. Duels were also largely without active RAs/long timered abilities so I didn't use instaheals or BoF actively.

My damage on a entirely unresisted DD dropped from 350 to 275 which is the 22% reduction as reported previously. Due to the nature of duels this wasn't something I experienced or suffered from too greatly. DDs mostly work as damage add there, guess is they will become that in normal RvR too, what they are to Thanes, a means to interrupt and get a bit of extra damage before melee but not functioning as a lethal weapon.

The damage decrease also hit the PBAoE DD which made out about 25-75% of melee damage in a duel (depending on opponents defensive spec), this reduces the melee damage over time quite noticeably to around a single minstrel shout every 20 seconds. In RvR it decreases the upfront damage or scare factor if you like for oncoming attackers. Reduces multiple attacker defense too.

The Stun spell drops in effectiveness with resists affecting it, wasn't uncommon to get a Stun in, get interrupted by Stun bug and not manage one succesful cast within it's original 9 sec duration. This further decreases the damage add of castable DDs and is verging on so short duration that it cannot succesfully be used to stop oncoming attackers, will serve as no more than a speed bumb. Still a great spell in CC warfare when other damage dealers are working coordinated with you.

The increased Mez timer is no doubt what hit the hardest in a dueling situation, once per 5 minutes means never more than once per battle/duel and if unlucky not even that. The very high resist rate on it as well as the immunity timers made it a unsecure defense before. Now it's a total shot in the dark with all my duels being won/lost over the 25-50% possibility of resist or odd case of opponent purging. This was enhanced by the fact that no instaheals were used so I depended fully on the mez to survive long enough to do damage. It's duration is also verging on painful once accounting for all reductions to it. In my mind this spell now fails to fulfill it's purpose.

The future Cleric will have to rely on either MoC, sprinting or meleeing as they will quickly be without options for defense. This brings me to other indirect/stealth nerfs to the future of combat Clerics: Not getting Mastery of Blocking (Druids and Healers do), increased End usage on DDs, much worse damage tables for Chain and Crush.

The outcome of the duels wasn't all negative, Clerics have before been excellent duelers and not all is negated, beat classes I didn't use to but lost to classes I didn't use to all due to the mez. It is however much more random, vulnerable and depending on opponents spec, RA and playstyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom