Thought crimes!

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Just watched Equilbirum. Rather good movie if a little too played out (and the actor was really Keanu Reeves in disguise). Made me think what it would be like to live out your life without emotion. On that note, i think the drug in it was a placebo, what with the guards showing emoition and the clerics ability to put themselves in the shoes of those who comitted thought crimes. Because it would be impossible to put yourself in the shoes of those you work against if you cannot concieve of what they are doing/thinking without first experiencing it. After all, one of the most random things in the world is human emotion, as we all plot erratic courses throughout our live seemingly without thought or provication yet all driven by emotion (unless you're an estate agent or my bank manager. emotionless bastards) Anyway, if you put such blind faith into something, opiate of the masses (both the film quote and the karl marx quote), then you lead yourself to believe whatever they tell you. Why the constant indoctoration? I think it was so they would continue believing it. Thoughts?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
it was 1984 meets the matrix, nothing more nothing less.

mank!

Part of the furniture
ECA said:
it was 1984 meets the matrix, nothing more nothing less.

That pretty much sums it up. I didn't give it that much thought but I enjoyed it, it wasn't as far fetched and over the top action wise as the Matrix but wasn't so political and strong as 1984. I thought Christian Bale was very good, far better than Keanu bloody Reeves anyway.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I dispute the notion that emotions are random in nature. They are generally one of the most predictable 'things' ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom