Those of you who will play Valkyrie

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
Spec:
49 Odins Magic
42 Sheild
39 Sword
11 Parry

----- will this be the main spec every one goes? and i like the idea of Rez at 43 i think it is, a bit like paladins this class? i know i will be playing a Valkyrie they sound cool :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
sword? i aint touching that crap.. spear 4tw imo... finally mids get a tank class that can use spears....

/edit anyone seen any valkyrie movies about?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:
I'm going 50 Spear/49 Odin's Will/30 Parry. Should be fun.

That sound like a decent specc to me, i might want to lower parry 1-2 levels thought to get engage in shield.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Love the idea of valkyries so ill likely play one. Speccing parry is pretty useless in rvr so will probably have 0 in it (any class that has specable parry at all gets a 25% base chanse anyway, modified by dex). Havent checked the lines very much so dunno about rest of spec.

EDIT:
Checked speclines and think this is the ones i would use
Spear 44 (followup on behind style with apparently nice growthrate)
Shield 42 (slam for the win)
Odins Will 46 (last aoe snare, res spell etc)

Are there 1handed spears for valks btw? Certainly hope so otherwise sword suddenly seems alot more attractive.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Mythic have said they are never going to introduce 1 handed spears. And slam, well the spear backstun is nice aswell+valkyrie spear gets special styles, AE dd 60 bleed a tick etc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Fana said:
Are there 1handed spears for valks btw? Certainly hope so otherwise sword suddenly seems alot more attractive.

no there wont be any shitty one handed spears.. not what i know of anyway.. and if it were it would have totally destroyed what little they have left of nordic mythology... valkyries with a shield is bad enough... they use big ass spears and nothing else.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
no there wont be any shitty one handed spears.. not what i know of anyway.. and if it were it would have totally destroyed what little they have left of nordic mythology... valkyries with a shield is bad enough... they use big ass spears and nothing else.

http://www.dolls-n-daggers.com/Valkyrie.html

"Midway between the third and eleventh centuries, the Valkyries begin assuming a more benign aspect. Small amulets and pictures on memorial stones begin to depict the figure of the beautiful woman welcoming the deceased hero with a horn of mead to the afterlife. Valkyries are usually represented as blonde, blue eyed and fair skinned. They wear scarlet corslets and carry shields and spears".

The legends differ alot on the valkyries equipment, mounts, ancestry and even duties.

Schenton

Fledgling Freddie
I have a Thane from day one. Only chans I'd make a valkyrie is if they can have 2H spear AND shield at the same time. If not then I stick with one gimp :wanker:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Helme said:
That sound like a decent specc to me, i might want to lower parry 1-2 levels thought to get engage in shield.

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. Haven't decided yet.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Since there are no 1 handed spears then:

47 sword (both special valkyrie sword styles)
42 shield (slam)
43 odins will (ressurection, altho im not sure who is gonna thank you for a 10% res :( )
3 Parry ^^

or

50 sword (ragnarok :D )
42 shield (slam)
39 odins will (The damage spells are just for interuption anyway since they wont do any noticeable damage no matter how high odins you spec and lower level debuffs normaly do stick quite alot anyway)
6 parry o_O

or

44 Spear (both special valkyrie spear styles)
6 Sword (tauntstyle for poping bt and using while guarding someone against pets and archers etc)
29 shield (engage, limited guard but better than none)
48 Odins Will (everything except last acuity shear)
26 Parry (maybe it will help when soloing against other non offhand weapon users, and in pve)

or

44 spear (both special valkyrie spear styles)
6 sword (tauntstyle for poping bt and using while guarding someone against pets and archers etc)
42 shield (slam, good guard)
39 odins will (The damage spells are just for interuption anyway since they wont do any noticeable damage no matter how high odins you spec and lower level debuffs normaly do stick quite alot anyway)
23 parry (maybe it will help when soloing against other non offhand weapon users, and in pve)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Also, bear in mind that spear is 50% dex/str based so 2 of the races that can chose to be valkyries benefit more from going sword (norses and dorfs having higher str than dex by 20 and 10 respectively). For Alfs it doesnt matter that much (55 in both) although valkyries still raise more in str than in dex when they level, if they raise in dex at all? I got dex as third stat from daoc.catacombs.com but it says piety on classesofcamelot.com

MoD

Fledgling Freddie
with s/s - sword 2h for behind styles just like a warrior or thane would do

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Still can't decide on spec but ye I'll be trying a valky baby

:m00:

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
47 sword 4tw. has a dd proc... dunno what kind of dd proc. heard its something like levi's dd proc tho. if so sword 4tw :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom