this may have been asked before...but

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
ello y'all.. i've ordered wow... and before i make an account... i would like to know if there is any chance there are gonna be buffbots ever?

it totally recked daoc :wanker:

thanks in advance

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
No, there won't be buffbots in WoW. All the buffs are spread out over almost all the classes, so every class has 1 or 2 buffs. Buffs have timers too, from 10min to 30min. Now in theorie ofcourse one could have 6 accounts to get all the buffs but I don't think this will happen anytime soon ;)

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
alright, cheers :D

looks like wow has successfully kicked daoc into hell

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Hasn't blizzard already banned a ton of bot users? Step in the right direction tbh, using a buffbot is retarded as it is. :p

Evergrey

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Hasn't blizzard already banned a ton of bot users? Step in the right direction tbh, using a buffbot is retarded as it is. :p
Not bots as in "buffbots" they can never ban and will not ban anyone for paying for moore than 1 account, but i really doubt anyone will buy 6 accs just to get buffs wich is on a timer (lol). But it wont surprise if there is someone who will do that cus i have seen it all how stupid and idiotic the mankind can be.

they banned poeple for using "bots" as in a program that plays the character for you chaining lower mobs automaticly for hours without DT and LvLing your character

Aada

Part of the furniture
Should have buffbots imo :(

I loved cutting through people like butter in the early days of daoc when people didn't really know about buffbots :D

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
buffing system totally ownz retard mythic one.

on timer, not too many of em, spread over classes, not conc based (buff me plz friendly druid m8!)...

take that mythic, gotta love it.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
You can use a priest bot though but it's not very good for PvP at all. It's more of a solo thing and we all know it ain't easy to use 2 characters at same time. Personally I'm not bothered with getting a 2nd account as my character can already solo 2 same lvled mobs at same time. And higher mobs don't give a proportional amount of XP as in DAoC. There's no camp XP either. And Elites can give more XP but they are so mana consuming that it ain't worth it. So I wouldn't be worried much about bots.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to think of the fact that WoW already had more accounts than the whole MMORPG scene in Europe altogether, and that without bot-accounts :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Day 1 of release I saw a shitload of Priest bots. Now I don't see any. Guess some people realised they had just wasted £30 on buying 2nd copy ;)

Abern

Fledgling Freddie
No, there won't be buffbots in WoW. All the buffs are spread out over almost all the classes, so every class has 1 or 2 buffs. Buffs have timers too, from 10min to 30min. Now in theorie ofcourse one could have 6 accounts to get all the buffs but I don't think this will happen anytime soon

Well just wait and see, Rambo will get 6 buffbots again if he has too. :wanker:

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Damn this final year workload, can't even consider getting this game yet. The idea of a level playing field just makes it worse. :(

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Buffs just aren't good enough for bots to be worth it. Unlike DAoC being fully buffed doesn't make your char 2-3 times more effective so it's much less of a deal if you're unbuffed.

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
one other thing to remember is the abilities of certain classes.

shamans get a purge spell which will rip buffs right off you, and I believe the priest also has a buff 'burner' spell (and the paladin)

these spells can also shatter the priest 'shell' and the paladins defences

buffbots are utterly pointless in this regard

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:

I loved cutting through people like butter in the early days of daoc when people didn't really know about buffbots :D

Welcome to the level playing field.

Hope it doesn't spoil your fun.

I think the system is great, Buffs on timers. No conc, friendly priests, pallys and druids happily buffing everyone in sight. Its great. :D

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:

This has to be the lamest comment ever.

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
dont worry BBs will til 100% appear in wow to .. Cause if u are L33t u need that extra str buff to Pwn u will pay for it , no matter if timer is 10-30 min cause it takes 30sec to get to PvP zone ect ect osv :flame:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
what would even be a buffbot? a druid? a priest? a mage? a warlock? I think the point is that since buffs are spread between classes, it's not really possible to get much benefit from a bbot. I like that Blizzard did this instead of blantently trying to make bbots manditory as Mythic did.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Buffs add a pretty small amount of bonus anyway, being buffed isn't really going to win you many fights.

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
And people in your group can pretty much cover buffs, there's no 'buff-spec' as nurture/enhancement was in daoc. The priest sitting at Loch Modan afk won't have better buffs than the ones actually playing.

If you really wanted a bb though, i think a druid would come closer to it. But still it wouldn't really be worth it.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
oh and another thing, dispell and the shaman equiv kinda mean that you can lose those buffs instantly, so what is the point?

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
As a warlock with only 250 armour a buff of +120 armour is nice :) but for a paladin with 500 armour .. its not so much of a step up. I think the buffs are aimed to improve your character as you level and eventually will be good for group buffing at a later level

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks and mages get most of their armour buff from their self-buff so a buffbot doesn't add that much. :p

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Elenos said:
As a warlock with only 250 armour a buff of +120 armour is nice :) but for a paladin with 500 armour .. its not so much of a step up. I think the buffs are aimed to improve your character as you level and eventually will be good for group buffing at a later level

Go grab a good leather worker and ask him for some Armour kits for your armour? :)

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
lol i like the reply to my post :p
i slap that guy irl who said he liked buffbots

i already got a 14mage on Zenedar called Jethro :D

msg me and i help you coz at the mo i can't find any quests

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom