THIS is what trees in Trials of Atlantis will look like

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Daoc will make use of IDV's SpeedTree technology to render trees in ToA. IDV has a few downloadable demos that render a forest realtime on your comp (not a movie).

If this is what daoc trees will look like in ToA, i'm there! ;)

Trees

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
New trees? Again?

Seriously, if they dont fix their BLOODY UGLY ground textures it doesnt matter how beautiful the trees or the water effects are :rolleyes:

O

old.Niljindil

Oh and btw, great *non functioning* proggie you found there :p

O

old.Alliandre

Doesn't work for me. Maybe they're getting rid of trees then :rolleyes:

T

Tasans

You call big blocks of leaves moving around in random order realistic?
Also its crawling on my pc, wouldnt dare to imagine what will happen if you place a zerg amongst the trees.

C

Cyradix

says on the website :

....with unprecedented flexibility for adding exceptionally realistic, three dimensional trees to their scenes without the huge resource and rendering requirements of other high-detail virtual trees....

Let's hope they can keep that promise :D

S

Sarum TheBlack

Works fine for me (after moving some files about), and runs at a decent speed, despite the fact it's drawing several thousand trees. Camp forrest would look great drawn like that.

S

Sharma

whooo TREES!

need more about the internal works of the expansion such as how the new areas gonna work :\

T

tris-

slow and they still dont look like trees. just look like 4 blocks spinning around in opposite directions on a brown pole.

K

katt!

TWEES!

We had a meeting with Scott Jennings and Sanya Thomas of Mythic, where we were showed the new housing expansion, and the underwater expansion, which will retail separately from the game. It's graphically amazing, at least on the same level as AC2, and the new zones are definitely interesting.

just a quote from some people that were at E3

S

Sharma

Ooook,

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

that

is

amazing..

S

Sarum TheBlack

AC2 looks pretty good... it's not doom 3 of course, but with everything on highest settings it looks great. Of course, it does rely on high detail textures, which is DAoC's problem atm to me. If they had better textures it'd look a lot better, never mind higher detail models and fancy shadows... they only look good if you've got the textures too.

O

old.job

Very nice, and runs at 15fps on my works 700mhz with a built in vidchip, so should run perfect, I think Mythic should buy the whole engine of them:p

I'm a graphic junkie and would swap half my spells for better graphics.

T

TaF

Tbh i don't really care much about trees :p , but well they look nice indeed, running at 45-60 fps, depending of detail level, on my 1.5 year old PC .. i just don't want to lag when i am bashing lil luris on their head :|

G

Gallak

haha, my work PC doesn't support opengl, so I get to walk through a black and white cardboard box world, filled with hundreds of white boxes wiggling round at 7fps :D

S

Sharma

a cozy 30 F/S mmm luvly with 1 million trrees on your screen ^^

F

Freia

who gives a flying f*ck about trees when they cant get characters to render at decent fps?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom