This is what I call Customer Service

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Following is the last e-mail exchanged between me and Mythic. It took less than 2 hours for the whole thing to close. Read from bottom up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I was able to verify the billing information with your account. I have closed it and issued a refund of $14.95 USD as you requested. You should see this back to your account within 4-5 business days.

Thank you,
DAoC Support
Customer Support

Your email to Support:

==========================

Subject: re: Your Dark Age of Camelot Support Request (Ticket 7325847)

Thanks you for your prompt reply.
The last for digits are: XXXX
Regards,
XXXX

----------------------------------------
Sent: ???????, 14 ????????? 2007 9:49 ??
To: ""
Subject: Your Dark Age of Camelot Support Request (Ticket 7325847)

Hello,

Not playing an account does not close it. You have to physically set the account to close from the game client or by calling our Billing Department. Neither of these was done so the account has continued to bill you at the subscription rate it was set too by you. We can definitely close the account for you. We can as a one time courtesy refund the last charge as well. Please reply to this email with the last 4 digits of the credit card number on file.

Thank you,
DAoC Support
Customer Support

Your email to Support:

==========================

Subject: Subsciption issue

Hello there.
I only paid for one month, I only played 2 days,
then I un-installed my clients as I don't need them anymore.. Why are you still
charging me?
My account id is "xxxx" and I expect to be
refunded for the last month.
Waiting for a fast reply,
Regards,
XXXX
--------------------------------------------

WAR on US servers for sure (well, if I play that is)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Really good to see other firms leaning from how GOA ran their business. Spot on GOA type move mythic have done there.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
So was that xxXxx or xxXx for the account number?

Nate

FH is my second home
It makes GOA's 24 hour for any support rule look very poor. GOA really are in the Dark Ages when it comes to MMO's in General, they have hardly anything to do yet are incapable of keeping up with standards customers are used to and expect in this age.

You can bet the same situation given to GOA would have taken at least 3 days (without any cock-ups), and you wouldn't get your money back.

fawzi

Banned
Sadly, people get this bad image of GoA because the whiners like to make the most out of it when GoA make a decision that they do not agree with.

What people don't realise is the hundreds of cases everyday that they solve more than adequately.

Adari

Part of the furniture
hundreds !

also gear uninstalling without cancelling your subs is pretty stupid. i would have said FU to you refund request. how will you ever learn now ?!?!??!?!?!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
hundreds !

also gear uninstalling without cancelling your subs is pretty stupid. i would have said FU to you refund request. how will you ever learn now ?!?!??!?!?!

Matey, I had no auto-renew option on! When you start making your own money you can comment

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly, people get this bad image of GoA because the whiners like to make the most out of it when GoA make a decision that they do not agree with.

What people don't realise is the hundreds of cases everyday that they solve more than adequately.

dont think there is that many players on for them to solve hundreads each day. I would check how many hundreads of players are on, but the xml is broken...

:m00:

Dard

Part of the furniture
Matey, I had no auto-renew option on! When you start making your own money you can comment

I'm pretty sure that Mythic only has auto renew or cancel account as an option.

So if you only want to play one month, you pay one month, then cancel & then your account will close one month later.

Hope that makes sense for anyone else who does what you did :england:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Umm, my recent issue with GOA and my account resulted in my reply being entirely in German. Babelfish 4tl :(

Nate

FH is my second home
Means there giving you an automatic response and the monkey wasn't trained well by his supervisor, the hamster.

Lethul

FH is my second home
dont think there is that many players on for them to solve hundreads each day. I would check how many hundreads of players are on, but the xml is broken...

right now there are 7091 playing on goa servers

there is enough people to file hundreds of reports for sure.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
right now there are 7091 playing on goa servers

there is enough people to file hundreds of reports for sure.

what did yo get those figures from? as the xml has not been working for a month?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
From the Camelot herald, they seem to be able to see how many people play on Europe. GOA can't

Incompetent morons aren't even able to produce working xml for more then a week in a row and never directly after a patch.

And this is the compagny going to run Warhammer in Europe? No fucking way i am going to be a customer there ever again.

I can only hope they transfer the English cluster to US.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
From the Camelot herald, they seem to be able to see how many people play on Europe. GOA can't

Incompetent morons aren't even able to produce working xml for more then a week in a row and never directly after a patch.

And this is the compagny going to run Warhammer in Europe? No fucking way i am going to be a customer there ever again.

Camelot Herald shows the same number as teh chronicles, so its not that. Is it the server selction screen?

Bahumat

FH is my second home

MVV, you came and you said that you love me...and they you hax0red the XML or baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom