This is stupid

T

Tafaya Anathas

"120 platinum at the release of the expansion. This price will then decrease every hour (real time hour) by 500"

Why???

S

speshneeds

Housing lots prices decrease over time. In order to enable to as many people as possible to have a chance to get a lot, the prices are deliberately set very high at 120 platinum at the release of the expansion. This price will then decrease every hour (real time hour) by 500 gold, to reach a bottom price of 1 platinum after about a dozen days. You have the choice to buy the lot at the desired price, taking into account that as time passes the number of available lots will decrease, because of the increasing numbers of buyers.

rtfm?

L

living

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
I did. The 120p is I'm talking about. Wasn't this 100p in US?

We had mroe time to farm gold than they did in US, goa and mythic being slow with the patching and all

S

speshneeds

well teh 20p extra will take a little less than 2 days to come off so its no biggy really.

G

Graknak

actually US had 95p start for lotprices and a 1.2p decrease timer eventually ><

S

Skaven

some people I heard have already bought lots for 120p :rolleyes:

M

mib666

Originally posted by Skaven
some people I heard have already bought lots for 120p :rolleyes:

Yeah as we speak a Spanish city is being erected in Waterford, Albion, Caerwent (Excalibur) :uhoh:

Bank rolled by blasted Necro's no doubt. ;)

K

Khalen

Now don't get jealous... they earned the cash by farming loads so why shouldn't they use it? Plenty of spots left. I don't care if my house or guildhouse would be in the utter far corner. There are so many nice spots :)

E

Elric IA

They should have made it so the fall to the lowest plot price happened at a weekend not in the middle of a week as the unemployed and students will have a better chance then. Saying that on Hib Excal it is no currently viewed as too much of a problem only an inconvenience having to wait till the middle of next week. I can imagine only very populated realms on populated servers will run out of housing.

S

Shanaia

Imo it's just another thing they could have done differently ... "we had more time to farm for it" ... still no-one will buy a lot at a higher price then they already intended .. they just have to wait longer for it.

Again a way to reward the 24/7 addicts and a way to punish the casual players.

BTW no offense to the 24/7 addicts as I'm one of them (just not good at farming cash) :p just thought I'd stand up for the little people

A

Archeon

The reason the prices are so high is to give guilds the chance to buy their lots before individual players. Atleast thats what i think anyway. I think my GM put it best.

600lots (per server?) 60,000 people. If prices were insanly low there would have been a mad rush, more than likley crashing the housing zone's server/servers.

Of course, thats just my opinion. I'm sure you couldn't care less. Just thought i'd add it so i could get a shiney +1 to my oh-so important post count ;)

B

Brynn

Originally posted by mib666
Yeah as we speak a Spanish city is being erected in Waterford, Albion, Caerwent (Excalibur) :uhoh:

oh god........
[broadcast] Nas XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
[broadcast] KeKe
[broadcast] Lal
[broadcast] xDDDD

oh god...

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Khalen
Now don't get jealous... they earned the cash by farming loads so why shouldn't they use it? Plenty of spots left. I don't care if my house or guildhouse would be in the utter far corner. There are so many nice spots :)

Khalen, you should build ya house next to mine and Draylor tbh... just when i find out where he's built his :D

B

bracken_woodman

Found a lovely little spot...now just got to sit on it for 10 days and /yell camped if anyone comes close :D

F

fed007

i like the way KoP have done it, they will benefit in the long run, nearest house to enterance :) - so as ppl come into foundations lands, they will visit there consighment merchant first :p

tactics

T

tili

Originally posted by fed007
i like the way KoP have done it, they will benefit in the long run, nearest house to enterance :) - so as ppl come into foundations lands, they will visit there consighment merchant first :p

tactics

rubbish imo

97% of people will port to house or guild house, or at worst release house/guild house.

of the 3% that enter thro the gate 90% of those will take a horse before getting to plot 1 and head for market. therefore only a tiny minority will search the market explorer at entrance (next patch) and go to plot 1 first

J

Javai

Originally posted by fed007

tactics

We paid full whack for land for that reason, and made 30p on consignment merchant in 24 hours. We have all LGM crafts available in guild and wanted an easy one stop shop for selling the stuff (atm the merchant is selling drops relatively cheaply until all guild crafters get sufficient stocks made up).

/advert on
Stock constantly changing atm as stuff sells new rogs/drops are added
/advert off

Might not work out in long run who knows, but the way I saw it was there was a one-off shot to get the nearest plot so was worth a go.

O

OldDruid

>>i like the way KoP have done it, they will benefit in the long run, nearest house to enterance - so as ppl come into foundations lands, they will visit there consighment merchant first :p<<

This won't happen.

What happens is people search the Merchant Explorer at the entrance first, for what they are looking for, at the best price.

Entrance plot places seem to get very rarely visited on the US servers, because the owners overprice to try and get their stupid investment back.

When buying plots, on the US servers, it was very organised, very few plots were sold before they hit 1p (base price down to 300g now), though some Guilds started buying when they hit 20p - most action started sub 10p. They started at 90p. People stood at the pegs on the last day, until the price hit 1p.

I don't think anyone was disappointed.

Within hours of the first week, some plots became available. They continue to become available.

The trick to buying off merchants is this. Search Explorer, note the houselot number for the item you want. Macro this - /macro HF### /houseface ### (where ### is the houseplot number). Buy a speed ticket just inside the entrance, and click the houseface macro as you autorun. You are quickly at your destination.

Make a note of the houselot numbers near the entrance, and macro up a return houseface macro, buy a speed ticket in the village you are at, and click the macro to head back. This is all your expensive houselots near the entrance will be used for.

Unless your character is the houseowner one, you buy a port ticket to house, you end up right by the Merchant Explorer at the entrance. There is no incentive to just wander past the houses in the entrance villages windowshopping, the Merchant Explorer does all that for you.

J

Javai

We certainly aren't gonna be overpricing things to regain the investment. Stuff is priced to sell, and so far it is selling pretty well.

Sure once we get 1.64 people will search for what they want, but atm its luck of the draw and after the weekend our house will be pretty well supplied with crafted gear in a convenient location.

Users who are viewing this thread