this is just.. Oo

vintervargen

Banned
new comp. amd64. winXP (not service pack2). using the networkcard from my old computer to connect to internet. realtek RTL8139 Family.

since i got it i have had problems with internet. the first day, i could surf and ping (irc/daoc) fine for xx minutes before it got all fugged up. restarted comp, did "ping www.google.com -t". for the first 10-15 minutes it passed without any timeouts. then it started with 1... then 2... then many, and after a while only connection timeouts. this meant that whenever i had a connection timeout, i couldnt surf, connect to irc, or daoc. this i have no idea what the problem is.

today however. i can surf fine it seems, but i can't ping anything, nor connect to irc/daoc.

i will be updating this with whatever info you might need, so please... help :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
vintervargen said:
new comp. amd64. winXP (not service pack2). using the networkcard from my old computer to connect to internet. realtek RTL8139 Family.

since i got it i have had problems with internet. the first day, i could surf and ping (irc/daoc) fine for xx minutes before it got all fugged up. restarted comp, did "ping www.google.com -t". for the first 10-15 minutes it passed without any timeouts. then it started with 1... then 2... then many, and after a while only connection timeouts. this meant that whenever i had a connection timeout, i couldnt surf, connect to irc, or daoc. this i have no idea what the problem is.

today however. i can surf fine it seems, but i can't ping anything, nor connect to irc/daoc.

i will be updating this with whatever info you might need, so please... help :(

Try turning off hardware checksumming in the properties of your network card.

vintervargen

Banned
Requiel said:
Try turning off hardware checksumming in the properties of your network card.

Thanks for the reply, but i can't seem to find that option. The only properties i can change are these 3:

Connection Type: Auto-Negotiation
Network Address: Not avaliable
Recieve Buffers: 64

On the networkcard i use for LAN (D-Link DFE-530TX) there are a few more options, but not anything similar to that ..

vintervargen

Banned
it seems i have the same problem as chilly: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=38227

the differance is that i never touched zonealarm. the one thing i have touched is service pack 2 for winXP. however, after installing it i got networking/internet problems straight away with it's windows firewall, so in order to 'uninstall' it i did a "system-reset" do a point before the SP2 was installed.

could it be that some services from SP2 still are active? hence blocking connection attempts for programs as irc/daoc etcetera..

vintervargen

Banned
update...

re-installed winXP. dl'd all updates except SP2. can surf fine, network is working great with both filesharing and internetsharing.

but...

can ping my IP: Yes
can ping my other computer: Yes
can ping my internet gateway: Yes
can ping my DHCP server: Yes
can ping my DNS servers: No
can ping internetadresses: No

what the fygg is going on?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom