this game has too many idiots in it......

M

mid_Efour

im sorry but i cant belive as soon as it turns end of school time in USA the server gets bogged down with stupid little dick fucks on power trips. this isnt a mmorpg, not by a long way this is an FPS, for every semi decent person i meet ive met 2 absolute retarded morons with no sense of humour and absoloutley no idea how to play this game... shit it took me 2 days how to work it out- all tactics and what not....PS is a good FPS in my opinion, but how can so many people be so ....... i cant think of a good word :) I`ve played with one good squad, the commander was really excellent and it was truley good fun now-----its headless chickens and 13 year old kids that just say WP1 for hotdrop! (all die to turrets, mines, rinse repeat...)

and base capture over and over and over thats it..... no more no less. and i also hate people that lag, if i need a gunner i want one on DSL or > not some stupid 33.6k modem lamer that cant even turn the turet the right way, drives me nuts.. i think you should have to have an intelligence test to play any online game where co-operation and teamwork are combined (in the slightest not it takes much in a 150 strong man zerg)

im starting to sound 1337 ill stop there for today.

Also what a great bug... try flipping a vehicle and press your get out key.. Instant PS crash,, and vehicle leaving the bay in one station design, it crashes into a wall does a 720 degree flip in mid air and lands losing 25% Armour.. does anyone test these fucking patches?? this game was released so stupidly early. I think my free month will end and then........

i love it really but zerging entire continents ?? then a stair well fight in a tower...... and the... and then.. and reavers reavers are the most deadly thing in this game and they are 4 cert points.....4 points to be the ultimate killing machine

B

bone_idle

I hate reavers.

But now ive just got BR14 and special assault weaponry. Gonna have fun blowing the crap out of them now.

M

mid_Efour

special assult? isnt that rocketrifle and grenade launcher.

and yes you terrans get the ----NUBI cannon "look mom it locks on target all i have to do is fire" rocket launcher

and the man with goldfish bowl on his head pounder max that can sit behind a door and kill 10000000000 people before he needs a reload.

and the ive got 50 bullets cycler rifle.

C

.Cask

Such anger. But I spose I'd be angry too if I levelled that many DAoC characters.

Most of your problems will be solved by getting in a decent outfit. The rest will be solved by a nice cold beer and a fat spliff.

Y

Yoni

Totally agree with cask - join one of the bw outfits depending on which faction you play and life will become much better :)

R

Rigon-Noir-

Actually, i think you've just been unlucky mate. There is a few idiots about, the ones that fire just becase they get bored and take half my life of becuase they didn't look get annoying, people that drive tanks with the attitude of "if your in my way it's your problem" especially wind me up (great teamwork) but having played this game a lot as a Vanu since the day of release (played terran in beta) i've found that type of player far and few between and it's only rare occasions i find myself shaking my head.
An outfit could be a good solution, you'll get used to playing with the same people and get used to implementing tried and tested tactics (pretty much like sticking with the same groups / guilds in DAOC).

Just one thing tho, don't just dive into a BW outfit becuase your on the BW forums there are other good outfits out there that i've seen working hard and working well.

UKdentists - yeah, i'm biased becuase i've always got on well with them but they stick together and work well in large and small battles. they've saved my ass as well as lots of other peoples many times.

16th Ghost Recon - Again, another outfit that is always seen together and has some great people in it. Haze is probably one of the nicest players i've met in Planetside and the others i've been in squads with from 16th have always been good.

Then ofcourse, there's us ;)
WRK (White Rose for anyone that knows us in DAOC Mid/Pryd or Counterstike) - our outfit squads are some of the best times i've had, whoever takes (gets dumped with :p) the command postision takes the decisions and many times we've started on a continent and beaten far more enemy players than we've had with us. We always have a good mix of specs in the squads and we have some decent BR's so a lot of our players have the abilty to change in battle (i'm sure all other outfit squads do as well)

I will add something else tho Efour which i found with someone recently, being Squad Leader aint easy mate, if you haven't tried it with a mixed squad (non outfit) then maybe you should. Had a guy the other night moaning because he wanted to get moveing, he was getting bored, when we going to kill kill kill!!!! he just went on and on while the squad leader is trying to fill the squad and direct us to our target. I sent a /tell to the SL at the time and asked him to promote this guy to leader which he did. I think this guy lasted 10 minutes until he said he had to log. Soon gets difficult when people are all over the place and others are stood still hitting VTA (requesting assignment, but you all know that ;))

Ok, thats a bit of a big post, sorry but don't let few idiots put you off mate, and don't get annoyed with the squad leader, if people aren't doing what he asked, well....headless chickens it is :D

Noir BR13 Adv Hack/Infil/Mosq/AMS/Medic
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

M

mid_Efour

im going to shoot u tidus- for old time sake :)

R

Rigon-Noir-

Dam it, i knew i should have created a new account. loads of people told me this would happen ;)

Nice to see you in PS tho me (OLD :p) mate

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Get in a decent outfit and it improves a lot. I lucked into a pretty good outfit - "Formido". They weren't people I knew before I started playing but they were looking for a support dude like me. There are a couple of good leaders that want to lead properly: shout out to Zukhov, especially, who got CR4 the other day. They're not uber-serious*, but want to play the game well.

*If they were they'd have kicked out a gimp like me a long time ago :)

U

Uriron

Cheers Tidus :)

UK Dentists are recruiting (/t fnarr, silentkill, viscoutc, strawdog, agnar etc.) but we are not a mega serious outfit. It is a game and we wanna have fun like most people. We use (questionable) tactics, we play to win and we fight hard but if we lose we move on :) (oh and some may be offended by their rank titles)

Also agree with u on Haze, I joined her all reaver (at the time) squad once and she was organised and looking for trouble. Result = lots of XP, some good memories and a lot of respect for her.

I've noticed a lot of people playing solo due to bad experiences with squads. This is why those people are also complaining about Vanu being underpowered. The only way Vanu can succeed is if the outfits have decent memberships.

Join an outfit.

Theres no I in team after all :rolleyes:

V

ViscountC

Our tactics are *not* "questionable" - in the sense that there is anything dubious about them. No bug abusers, cap-camping or speed-hacking here.

Our tactics are "questionable" in the sense that everyone ends up asking "That outfit is using tactics? You'd never guess."

:D

And remember, Uriron - there is no I in team. But there are four I's in platitude spouting idiot.

:p

E

Esoteric

Also depends what realm you have gone for imo vanu has quite a mature bunch, bet the l33t kids went to NC ;-) and a mixture on terran.

D

Deadmanwalking

I swear a sticky up there ^^^ says to kepe the NC SUCK TR OWN posts away... so plz do that and you go with them.

W

Will

It says to keep them out of the sub-forums...though anything too heated in here gets shut too.

But this is OK.;)

D

Deadmanwalking

Getting stupid now though lots of little (TR suck)

Well i was etc etc blah blah blah etc etc (VS SUCK) etc blah

This isn't daoc :sleeping:

W

Will

It was a nice little essay though. Not just a "i woz TR and they aer teh suck!!!".

D

Deadmanwalking

Exactly my point essays and little (TR SUCK) thrown in.
If i wanted loads of reading theres a bookshelf >>> way.

M

moo_work

btw efour, reason i didnt come back after we died to that magrider last nite while our vanguard was upside down (rofl) was that just before we died (infact i am just assuming we died because i was the gunner and this happened --> )........

was that ps gave me a blue screen of death (in win2k these are quite rare tbh) and auto-restarted my comp.

Fine no biggie, but aparently in the process it's knackered my windows cuz win2k wont start anymore and i tried reinstalling twice last nite and no luck i just get errors all though the install.

so thanks planetside for fucking up my computer :great:

edit: still aint got it working, im at work atm thas why i can post

P

[PS]Mung

Yeah there seems to be a big bug when you try to get out of an overturned vehicle.
Same happened to me, excpet I was lucky with just a CTD.

M

moo_work

lol tbh me and efour were like that with out tank yesturday - fucking stupid people not moving for our tank to go across a bridge, after spamming move speak macro load stuff so i just got pissed and blew 4 of um up :p

only 20 greif, worth it imo :)

R

Rigon-Noir-

Btw Efour, Tidus in PS isn't me, feel free to shoot him.

name was already reg'd when i got on :(

W

Will

You can edit out most of the stuff in quotes, you know.:eek:

M

moo_work

i *think* tidus was one of the NC's we (I) blew up on the bridge :p

R

Roo Stercogburn

Hehe Efour. I logged on for some lunchtime fun the other day and was funny (though nice) to see you there. Pretty bad squad though, I gave up before we even left. Got back on with some work :s

Go here no go there who's driving go where you said I don't know.

It really is like that sometimes. I've only played a handful of times so far but its fun and even with heavy weapons I sometimes go out solo and manage to get some kills.

Decimators/Phoenix from doorways vs reavers = fun :D

J

Jonaldo

Have to admit, I play Planetside and I'm an idiot :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Have to admit, I play Planetside and I'm an idiot :)

A Terran idiot even! :D

Actually... Cornell is a nice guy. Just misunderstood. *cackles*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom