Thinking of Usa

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So i'm thinking of rolling Usa with a friend, give pros and cons about Toa or Classic Cluster for some duo action pls!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
ToA -

Remember on the US you can /level 20 once you have a level 50 :)
You can also do ml 1- 9 with a decent FG :)
The population isn't as big as the Classic servers but apparently they are merging all of the US normal servers :-|
I'll help you a bit with some levels :)
You still have to do Artifacts but you can buy it all with BPs :-|

Classical -
Level from level 1 every time :)
No Artifacts :-|
No buffbots :-(
Alot of people are exping still :)

Thats about all I can add :) - I started playing classical and I got bored so now I'm on ToA :) - so i recommend TOA :)

I made it smiley co-ordinated for you!
:) - Good! ||| :-| - Can be good can be bad ||| :-( - Bad

Alex/Gwad :ninja:

PS. You can't duo on any server really :)

Keitan

Banned
ToA -

Remember on the US you can /level 20 once you have a level 50 :)
You can also do ml 1- 9 with a decent FG :)
The population isn't as big as the Classic servers but apparently they are merging all of the US normal servers :-|
I'll help you a bit with some levels :)
You still have to do Artifacts but you can buy it all with BPs :-|

Classical -
Level from level 1 every time :)
No Artifacts :-|
No buffbots :-(
Alot of people are exping still :)

Thats about all I can add :) - I started playing classical and I got bored so now I'm on ToA :) - so i recommend TOA :)

I made it smiley co-ordinated for you!
:) - Good! ||| :-| - Can be good can be bad ||| :-( - Bad

Alex/Gwad :ninja:

PS. You can't duo on any server really :)

people who play toa servers cant play classic cause its to hard for them with no buffbots/insta win abilitys

- English -

Resident Freddy
people who play toa servers cant play classic cause its to hard for them with no buffbots/insta win abilitys

no you cant, been through this on the last post i did. Dont sterotype people cos you cant.

Oh aswell did any1 else hear about that ring special drop which 1 guy won on the US with all buffs? Apprently they are capped buffs with a stardrop. HE wont be overpowered as a stealther lol....

Keitan

Banned
no you cant, been through this on the last post i did. Dont sterotype people cos you cant.

Oh aswell did any1 else hear about that ring special drop which 1 guy won on the US with all buffs? Apprently they are capped buffs with a stardrop. HE wont be overpowered as a stealther lol....

yeah. i was on the event and i was about 20 seconds away from winning it....

Lethul

FH is my second home

people who play classic cant play toa servers cause its to many abilities to keep track off

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Well

Putting all the prejudices to one side, I will only add that the American’s seem a funny bunch (no s**t I know).

There appear to be loads of small guilds spread over a number of alliances, but very little apparent community or organisation.

I may be wrong, and not given it a decent period of time, but it is not as much “fun” as I have had over the years on UK servers (that may be over familiarity also with the game).

There is no real Barrysworld equivalent, so things are organised on an ad hoc basis it seems.

It is really crying out for a decent sized European type guild who are self sufficient and create their own community.

Having said that, having 1300 on line in the “day” is better than the 80 on Dyvet, or having to speak German.

We are just trying to get to level 50 and see what the RvR is like.

;)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
tbh if u have the time why not try both? i mean lvling is the least of u r problems.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Gonna start soon on Toa hib side.
So look out for Gahn!

Hiolo

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi Gahn, if you start on Killibury cluster i play hib there i can help out with some cash and got a sc'r at 600+ and tailorer at 700+. so if you start there i might be able to help you guys out :D

//Weedolina

Dard

Part of the furniture
Gonna start soon on Toa hib side.
So look out for Gahn!

If you ever find your way to Hib classic gimme a shout m8, got all crafters except a weoponcrafter. Mid & Alb are overpopulated on classic & Hibs are sheep with no leader, it is nice not to have to run 2 accounts though & its piss easy to level there..

I also play mid on the new ToA cluster (im on Bedever), grouped with an Italian guild last week, vent was interseting, pizza, pasta & AC milan was pretty much all i understood, was a laugh tho.

Lemme know what cluster your on, got random stuff all over US tbh, should be able to cath up wioth you sometime :)

kivik

Part of the furniture
I'm on mid/classic if you want to come for a visit mate :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Myself and Hargard were also considering daoc US.
Would rather play on a ToA server because i enjoyed that content but was a little worried about a few bits and pieces, i don't suppose a few of you experts would mind easing my fears a bit?

#1 For starts i heard that the classic servers are more popular, during EU primetime am i going to find the normal RvR area's empty?

#2 Due to them clustering everything, have they linked stuff like consignment merchants too, or do i have to 'travel' to different servers to browse what i want (that would suck).

#3 I guess thats not likely to be mass events ala prydwen due to community shortcomings, will i ever see ML10 again? believe it or not, i really enjoyed the pve side too.

#4 Any EU guilds there recuiting for a pvp team member.

Reznet

Fledgling Freddie
Hi I am playing on the US servers after a break from daoc of some 3 years or so - played from beta to 6 months after toa was released on excaliber.

classic servers - easy to lvl, easy to get equipped, lots of people in all the bgs and lots of rvr. the dragons revenge quest gives great gear and there are constant shouts for dragon raids and mini dragon raids - its really easy to get a group and get 50. took me 2 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes to get 50 with my warden compared to 14 months to get my first 50 back in the day...

I havent tried the TOA servers but since I have happily got my char to 50 and decent equipment without any time sinks involved, I will probably give a TOA server a go later.

definately worth a go - get the 14 day trial and a credit card - upgrade to catacombs for free and enjoy the game. i just bought minotaur and darkness rising too .

Gorvad

Fledgling Freddie
Need some help with moving to US

guys sorry for the noob question but what I have to do to play on Us servers?

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
buy a US account or get the 14 days Free trail,

Download the client either Direct from mythic or Fileplanet etc.

or just Patch the EU client to US if you already have it.

--------

I have just started on the Devon Cluster with Elitestoner and another m8 just for one last stroll, and see how the game has changed before Warhammer / Aion comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom