Thinking of returning to DAoC

emma

Loyal Freddie
Thinking about maybe comming back to DAoC, but the problem is its been nearly over 2 years since i quit, ive lost my account details and my email address has changed multiple times in that time, is there anyway i can possibly recover those details either via phone or other means. I can supply the original cd-keys even a photo of them if needed.

Regards

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
First of - glad you'll be back!! :D

And then yes you can... just Rightnow it...

I did that long ago when something fuccked up my email... anyways... had nothing left except my address, gamelogin, cd-key and name... Just post whatever you have... I'm sure they'll help you out!

Cheers,
Thargur

emma

Loyal Freddie
First of - glad you'll be back!! :D

And then yes you can... just Rightnow it...

I did that long ago when something fuccked up my email... anyways... had nothing left except my address, gamelogin, cd-key and name... Just post whatever you have... I'm sure they'll help you out!

Cheers,
Thargur

Thats the problem, all i have is the cd-keys, cant not 100% sure on the address used when i registered (but i know all of them ofc). Because i dont know any of my login details and my email address has changed since i started daoc back in 2001, i cannot log into Rightnow.

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
your Gamelogin is normally like... the first letter in your firstname and then the lastname (like f.eks. "Bertel Bejer: Bbejer... Mikkel Ernst: Mernst") ... so they can't complain about you not knowing that... just give them all you have ... I wrote the address wrong the two first times also... (coz I moved alot around heh)...

What they do is register a new email for that account... so have one rdy... then you can get the subscription info back through that... :D

Cheers and good luck,
Thargur

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Before you return remember that the game is completely different now, the community is different. It sucks.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes loads have changed. nothing of importance has been added for lvl50 ppl since toa but 3expanisions with quite low content has been added (atleast cata and Dr, last one is pretty much needed for rvr nowdays).

Loads of ppl have quit or moved to Avalon/Lyonesse (german servers) as there's still lots of ppl playing there.

Freddyshouse is now filled with a few decent ppl but the majority is just fkups with no life or gameskill ;>

e-mail: subscription at goa dot com to recover passwords etc.

oh and Welcome back to the only game worth playing with a pvp system worth its name.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
server is quieter than it used to be, there's a few new fotm classes but people still whine like babies when you kill them :)

Same as it ever was...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Before you return remember that the game is completely different now, the community is different. It sucks.

Mainly the FH community, though, in game is different. Of course, you've seen how some people have replied with useful info, and others with scare stories !

I believe subscription AT goa DOT com is the mail address to which you should send information, they should have your CD key, address, name etc, and be able to give you your login details. It'll help them if you have the same email address, I think, but is doable otherwise.

Darzil

Nate

FH is my second home
I believe subscription AT goa DOT com is the mail address to which you should send information, they should have your CD key, address, name etc, and be able to give you your login details. It'll help them if you have the same email address, I think, but is doable otherwise.Darzil

Aye this is what your looking for Emma, hey btw ;)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie

I don't say this a lot (well actually I do but this time I really mean it):

Moron.

Welcome back! I remember Emma the Shadowblade!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
FAO of all doomsayers, FUCK OFF! -->YOU<-- are helping kill off the server as much as anything else.

Imo DAOC is still a hell of a lot of fun, i just wish i could afford to renew it!

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Yep. Login and enjoy the game. Stay the hell away from FH, and don't post here that you're thinking of returning. That's asking for free shots from the resident forum trolls. :)

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
expansion: SI, ToA and Catacombs are now free, so you'll only need DR and if you like Labby for your main account.

If you're thinking about starting on avalon/mid then I'll be running a xp group from 20-50 in the next ten days or so, see my post in the Other servers forum.

I've also returned after a year out, and I'm not touching the english cluster, coz theres no population.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I've also returned after a year out, and I'm not touching the english cluster, coz theres no population.

Can we say gross exaggeration ?

Yes, there is fewer than Avalon, but then I like to be able to play in my native language.

Darzil

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
hardly gross, we're talking 500 or so primetime on english cluster?

between avalon and lyon its over 2k...

currently
pry: 92 players
excal: 159

avalon:599
lyon: 404

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Do whatever u want, check the numbers and tell if it's worse listening to the so called Trolls or the so true blind FH users.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Yurka: Gaheris from US doesn't have much more, and it is far from empty, you can get enough groups even there.

When one of my friends decided to play a bit on french server (he learns french), he went to Ys first, then I said, I would prefer carnac, if I have to play on french server. And I found the people realy friendly there, it was a small community but people learned to stick together and help new players, even if they have to speak english sometimes. (They knew we are Hungarian and that in my school time, they teached me Russian, English and Spanish)

Also remember how happy some people on Cumbria was, when it was new, and I decided to join them, to help and support the newbies, even if we had to talk in english for most of the time. People were happy, because someone cared for their community, took them to the dark elf castle to get their first glowies, etc.

10 friends worths at least 10 times more than 100 randoms, even if we look for an MMORPG server. People who leave their friends and community behind for a bit more easy rp and easy fights... well, they doesn't help the community much. I think I can understand why Darzil feels the community is better without them, and better with people who are happy to see new / old faces.

When some more morons leave the server, I might feel motivated to resubscribe :)

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
avalon tends to have like 500-600 more ppl prime time over any the US clusters and US servers aren't really good for me time wise...

+ it would mean buying aload more new accounts/expansions...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think I can understand why Darzil feels the community is better without them, and better with people who are happy to see new / old faces.

I don't think I've ever said that. I do think that the community would be better without people jumping on every thread saying "Don't go there, they are lepers".

Darzil

emma

Loyal Freddie
Only reason im tempted to return is because i miss my SB, the community within DAoC hasn't appealed to me since way back in 2001-2002 when it was awesome, things have changed alot i know, its the same with other MMO's, unfortunately due to the accessability of the internet most of the good games are flooded with young players which have zero respect for anyone or anything to be honest.

Oh yeah and WoW PvP sucks totally, doesn't hold a candle to DAoC.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I only voiced my opinion and i only did it because i remember enjoying playing against emma in the past (played as emma before infact^^) and felt he deserved to be warned. I've made the mistake of returning and playing myself before for the same reason of missing my scout and resulted in a waste of £8 and being disappointed at how much worse the game has become.

<3 vlad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom