Thinking of rejoining DaoC

ozorik

Fledgling Freddie
I used to play DaoC years ago (Mid/Excal and Hib/Pry)but quit shortly after SI was released. I am interested in starting again but looking at the server population this doesnt seem feasable. As I would be starting from scratch I dont relish the prospect of soloing until lvl 50.

Just how populous are the US servers and are there enough players below lvl 50 to give me at least the chance of grouping occasionally?

How would I connect to the US servers? I will need to get a new copy of the game anyway so should I simply download the US client?

Keitan

Banned
I used to play DaoC years ago (Mid/Excal and Hib/Pry)but quit shortly after SI was released. I am interested in starting again but looking at the server population this doesnt seem feasable. As I would be starting from scratch I dont relish the prospect of soloing until lvl 50.

Just how populous are the US servers and are there enough players below lvl 50 to give me at least the chance of grouping occasionally?

How would I connect to the US servers? I will need to get a new copy of the game anyway so should I simply download the US client?

you change your update.dat forgot what it is atm tho cause im patched to European:p u can dl EU what is faster DL then change update.dat ill have a search if you pm me ^_^

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
The US servers are still going strong. Me and a friend moved there recently, and there's plenty of noobs levelling up.

You'll need a copy of the US client. You can get a free trial here. :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
The US servers are still going strong. Me and a friend moved there recently, and there's plenty of noobs levelling up.

You'll need a copy of the US client. You can get a free trial here. :)

Dunno if the offer is still on, but what I dfid was played 14 day trial, patched everything up due to mythics offer of 30 dollers for everything and been thier ever since!

Keitan

Banned
Dunno if the offer is still on, but what I dfid was played 14 day trial, patched everything up due to mythics offer of 30 dollers for everything and been thier ever since!

been on for over a year mate thadius pm me ure msn for a mord pl ^^

joap

Fledgling Freddie

It's sad to see this happen.

Player like you, players that want to come back, are sorely needed on the cluster. But with GOAs inaction people just go "f*ck it, not going to open account to play on a low pop server", and dyvet population doesnt pick up.

Wake up GOA....

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Only went and started playing in Gareth myself on US classic sluster coz i was fed up with the bullshit on EU and the low pop during the night didn't suit me, full of noobs and lowbies like myself levelling up, every night BG's are full [ hib and mid zergs coz alb is the underdog there ]

I've gotten myself a lvl 39 heretic in about 2 days play mostly solo[double exp ;)] and spent about 14hrs in molvik havin fun, i'd say it's worth it if you move there but whatever you do, once you have fun is all that counts.

Himse

FH is my second home
Manisch is trying to be like Gamah but is making many NoFunnies =[

its kinda ghey =[

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Well if you still have the game installed and you want to patch from EU to US then open update.dat with notepad and then change the lines with this:

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat

NOTE: if you have the catacombs expansion then you type catacombs if you have the labyrinth client then change catacombs to labyrinth etc.

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/labyrinth/mpatch.dat

If you dont wanne patch it like that then get a 14 days pass ! ;)

ozorik

Fledgling Freddie
Ive downloaded the trial and I have started downloading catacombs what else do I need to get? I will probably stick to a classic server.

I would have prefered to go back to an old server but with the complete lack of non 50s (there was something like 8 active non 50s on alb excal when i looked) its just not an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom