Thinking of playing in another res?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Make sure you backup every .ign and .ini file before you do.

If you change you res, there's a large chance the game will erase every single qbar and /qbind you had.

Dunno bout you but having evolved a playing method after 4 years, having all my controls erased kinda pisses me off a bit.

GG Mythic/GoA :p

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
RS|Phil said:
Make sure you backup every .ign and .ini file before you do.

If you change you res, there's a large chance the game will erase every single qbar and /qbind you had.

Dunno bout you but having evolved a playing method after 4 years, having all my controls erased kinda pisses me off a bit.

GG Mythic/GoA :p
lost all my bars and qbinds about 10 times since dr. So always good to have an extra set. My problem was all the new kinds of crashed daoc started to make, and if i eg tryed to login and it failed i would lose qbars to... its fubar

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
saving qbs etc server side would save alot of ball-ache yep.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Really? i have fiddeled with the res in varoius clients recently trying to find that "perfect" res, and never had that problem, is this just with the DR client?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Doesn't always happen but yeh I've lost mine about half a dozen times since DR - and on a cleric etc that's proper annoying :/

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
saving qbs etc server side would save alot of ball-ache yep.

Not a bad idea, although if someone plays on 2 different machines or has a different heal and buffbot set of quickbars then someone will whine for client side config files! :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Happends to me all the time when I zone into the kings room, pop back to character screen and when I log back in I am completely somewhere else with empty Qbars.
Really nice when you have 5+ Qbars to reset :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sounds like you have write-protected files or some screwed up files if that's happening.

Reinstall, see if it still happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom