THINK before you upset peoeple

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
I am a fire wizard, i have been since i started daoc. I have 6 lvl 50s and of all i tried fire wizz is my favorite..They only 3 problems as fare as im concerned if played properly..1 The greedyness of the general albion population<this being the case of ice is the only thing wanted in xp grps rvr grps and powerlvling grps...my answer to that is if ya wana power lvl geta cabby or necro or try a difrent zone than AC for the power lvling coz if you went to a diff area fire aoe isnt that bad and if speced bufed properly RA wise can easily be as effective as ice asa caster in grp... 2 Albions general feeling that fire suxxxx And this stale unfair attitude has bled into TOA aswell and any good player knows that TOA systems work difrently and that ice can in some areas be totaly 100% resisted aswell as the opposote fire being 100% resisted, the point here being that if i can do <1139 +149> + a crit of 1013 1 shot ona red con then i think its about time you peoeple started rethinking your biased attitudes to fire wizzys..RVR the only reason fire does bad is because like all casters cept maybe icespec grps is that caster generaly are support KEYWORD support meaning that in theory a caster should be protected by its grp / realm m8s so it can /assit nuke root whatever it does..
ANYBODY that has ever grped with me in rvr pve knows im not talking bollow here im 1 to admit that yes in certain areas of game my class spec is crap but also you all have to recodnise that in other areas i cant be beaten...hell i have been in toa encounters where i have had to get gaurd / protection because i out damge on mega purps so bad i get agroed all time and it isnt just coz i nuke to soon or i am bufed its simply coz game mechanics in that are say that fire damage is good... as fire i havnt had a singel person complain i havnt done my bit for grp wether it be rvr pve lvling hunting whatever i can do just as good as ice earth or any other power lvling char and i ask that albion wakes up and gives firespec some slack and respect for staying that way beacuse i feel the need to leave this game because the biased attitudes towards my class are getting to mutch....im fire so what gimme a chance TOA is leanient to fire spec and with right RA's can be quiet handy to have about..oh and just watch the ice specers now change soon:D i mean a typical ice spec grp is gona be so useless in rvr soon because of the artifact abiltys and master abiltys its gona be mental:D
So i conclude this with a shout out fo all the classes that struggle in toa
Come on albs were a realm unit give peoeple the chance to have fun in a good game where team work is rewarded...its so about time to do it :clap:

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Correct punctuation and paragraphs are your friends.

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Roalith said:
Correct punctuation and paragraphs are your friends.

but you have no firends :(

wannabie welshboi!! ;p

What game you playing atm Roalith?

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
It is difficult to Read that collection of sentances because your Punctuation is very poor mate. Please when you have finished a point Take it down a line at least.

This is a good example, While you have a point that Fire wizards are still useful in Alb RvR grps. You must understand that they are only good if the grp is built on the basis that fire wizards will be doing the damage. This means that you get a Body Sorc in grp to debuff for you, also you must get a 2nd Fire wizard in grp with you so not to waste dps / double debuffing etc. A minstrel with SoS is a must, Not that hard to come by thankfully. Clericx2, Mind Sorc + Possibly Fire wizz / Paladin / Minstrel < x2 sos :fluffle: > Spirit cabby. Advantage here is x2 Debuff chains in case the MA Caster is Dead. Also lets the Sorc nuke without tickling :m00:

So while you have a point I dont think your considering the bigger picture. I am aware that in RvR a Fire debuffed target with x2 bolts sent towards him will probably die unless he is a Main tank or at least with 1.8.k hps + Shield + High AF etc. But in saying that if your mezzed your already in trouble etc.

As for PvE, Sure Fire wizards are good. On Very High Purp mobs I really doubt you hit hard, this is something mythic did and the fact that you prob hit harder with your staff isnt your fault on the high purp mobs. On orange / red / low purp, yes im sure you really tear chunks out of them, Then again your supposed to. The tanks get bashed while you nuke your brains out with ps on etc and heals covering you.

Find some like minded ppl and group with them more is my advice to you ;)

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
There is no way that a fire wizard can be as good to powerlevel as a ice wizard in AC, even with whatever RA's you got.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
my punctuation sux fair enough i was steaming mad and drunk when i wrote it lol:)
and tbh if AC is the only place you can plvl then ur a noob pure and simple my argument was that you can power lvl in many areas and even toa would have its benfits...
Im just realy sick of being spammed over and over again during my infame time asking if im ice i even havea macro for replying to these peoeple. Its highly annoying and tbh why should i be excluded?
As for your rvr commnents wel you are right but tbh even ina fotm grp with me init i can /assist nuke and do descent enough damage to warrant me gettting the spot, debufed or not i still do nasty damage to targets and tbh if the enemy turns for its casters usualy they would not only go for me but the healers too in witch case the cc er should be wathcing there backs anyway:-D
oh btw in guild grps where its been grp on grp they learn to look out for me i have done more than my fair share of the fight and tbh always handy ifcaster is near or in view of ya healer witch is where i tend to stay so that if nesce i talk the fall by taking agro from the guy kicking hell out of grps healer

End of day its RVR not FOTM v FOTM but tbh i think its all gona change soon anyway, i just dont think the regular fotms grps are going to work for mutch longer anyway and tbh i hope not fotm sux ruins the game and itsa shame that to play game gota be fotm bit sad realy...

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Its not just powerleveing - many PvE groups would favour ice over any other wizard spec, its common practice for a group to ask a casters spec before inviting them to agroup

an Ice/wind theurg would loose out over a PBT theurg
a stealth/slash mins would loose out on one with full instruments and ABS/power song
a polearm tank may miss out as a shield tank is called for

Its not just wizards, but I agree its more notiable with wizards.

You really cant blame people for wanting to form the most efficient group, Im looking at leveling a wizard, and its worth speccing ICE all the way to 50 for easier grouping then buying a respec stone and going earth/fire for RvR. Its just the way things are now.

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Let's be perfectly honest - what do your toon bring to a group that another can't do better? In the case of AC Pling, you need ice wizzies to kill 20+ mobs at once; your AE nuke doesn't come anywhere near ice wiz pbae for damage. Suppose a fire wiz could be effective PLing a solo leecher, providing he had a ML5+ cleric to bot him (hi power field), but I'd rather go with a necro.

For RvR, casters in general do shit damage. This is a known fact, and unless you can debuff your own damage, have a PBAE or can get another caster to debuff for you, you won't hurt anything. Wizards are not only lacking in damage, they're lackng in utility, which is worse, since theurgists have a given spot in a proper group (pets are overpowered like hell tbh oO). Yes, you can play any class and spec you want, but other people also have the right to choose someone more useful over you, obviously.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Go ahead, do a few fire ae's and grab all the aggro and die.

As the aggro you cause isn't shared to the grp like PBAE.

Fire's not good, end of story (not for xping atleast).

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Damnnationx said:
End of day its RVR not FOTM v FOTM but tbh i think its all gona change soon anyway, i just dont think the regular fotms grps are going to work for mutch longer anyway

And what will cause that? The RvR expansion? The RA changes? pff, hardly will the grp setups differ from what they are now. Respec to cold and have a chance of getting a balanced grp or get a buffbot and go do a keep siege, so you can ae some from the battlements, almost the only thing you can do as fire nowadays.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
if i think i know who you are then i perfectly agree with the things said above, pbaoe shares aggro, normal aoe doesn't and thats the main reason we didn't need a fire wizz for yesterdays encounter, and if yer still that person i think you are then i'm sorry for saying this but each raid i've seen ya on ya tried and died because of fire aoe'ing the mobs, getting aggro and being wiped in 2-3 hits.

If ya like fire then yer life as a wizz will be solo 95% of the time, face it, alot of clerics respecced to rejuv spec or bb spec while smite is a good solo spec but has absolutely no utility for groups, same goes for tanks, s&s is the way to go if yer a pally, yet some ppl take the risk and stay 2h.
Their choice, if ya got some friends you won't have a problem, if ya don't well... all i can say is respec or quit.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Have you ever tried focus pulling with a caster as the focus? Its a hoot, but not for the faint hearted.

Ranged AE caster nukes a load mobs, a nuke with a snare component works best for this. Perma-agro on the caster from all concerned.

Once the beasties get to the caster, other casters pbae the snot out of them, a defensive tank guards the ranged nutter and the healing classes are pretty much guaranteed to only have one target to heal. PBAE is optional if you have high damage chars like assassins or light tanks with access to end regen.

Once beasties are at the primary caster, stun is allowed, but not before then. Root and mez are your enemies, leave those tools back in their box.

Its a scream, and good xp. If you think about it, its just a more sophisticated variation on how a bonedancer works.

You can make pretty much most group lineups work, its just few have the inclination to bother and go for boring old standard setups all the time.

Though a little offtopic, for epic encounters, I'm afraid its tanks all the way though. Its widely acknowledged that casters get the short straw in these things, its something that Mythic seriously have still to address. Casters are good for the guard mobs and lower level stuff but for the main event, if they aren't running pbt, don't have any place in the MA groups normally. Before people spout Majestic Will: its expensive and it has already been nerfed in US, don't know about over here.

B0wnz

Fledgling Freddie
i have a an ice wiz, it used to be fire specced and have to say , bolts are by far better then the other wiz`s and nuke / aoe nuke is good , but u get to much agrro from it witch makes ice better imo for pve / pl groups as for rvr well in a very good group, i mean where the players know how to play with a debuf fire/ice are both as good but ice wins more for the only fact it can defend a group close range while the rest kill / guard wiz / assist nuke.
tryed rvr with my ice wiz ( never tryed with fire) was ok but vs fotm mid groups = us dead and vs hib pbaoe group ... group purge / inst mezz forthewin :p ( b4 toa etc )

i have a caba too, she was matter spec and lvled mostly doing focus pulls to lv 46 then i pl my self on tanglers.
I pl my cleric about 45 lvls with my caba and the rest in AC groups.
ive respec my caba to spirit and what can i say i love it . i made it coz i wanted to try it and found it was my fav class, its till not very group friendly in rvr or pve witch is a shame but! :p
have tryed a rvr group based on a spirit caba / body sorc, only done this twice and looked good , group was something like 2 spirit cabas, 2 body sorcs, 2 clerics, 1 minstrel, 1 pala.
only have pala for end really so casters can try and out run the tanks on them and guard a cleric , not running off hitiing anything , slam any one on clerics.
minstrel .. hm.. i wonder :p
only thing we found with this was nothing to defend the group in close range even with 50% body debuff and 4 body nukers, and ice wiz wud be great and only have 3 nukers, maybe cud have a fire wiz, but tbh u cant beat the ice wiz, guess thats something to try.
on top of that u can get rid of the pala or maybe 1 cleric and add a theurgist in for pet spam on the enemy suport.

but this still needs testing and tuning :O .. come back vestax :(

Imo more body / spirit casters groups :p

oh 1 more thing .. our group killed 2 fg hibs with our 1 fg as hibs attacked DC on 2nd gate and we em kill most of them bards etc were above the gate and lived as we went oop :p another group of hibs came to dc and killed us ^^
but alot of time we`d only kill 3 or 4 of a group then we wud die :/

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
B0wnz said:
oh 1 more thing .. our group killed 2 fg hibs with our 1 fg as hibs attacked DC on 2nd gate and we em kill most of them bards etc were above the gate and lived as we went oop :p another group of hibs came to dc and killed us ^^
but alot of time we`d only kill 3 or 4 of a group then we wud die :/

Was a fun group :D

We also took out everlast with that group, well 4 of them before the zerg(tm) added

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Misleath said:
There is no way that a fire wizard can be as good to powerlevel as a ice wizard in AC, even with whatever RA's you got.

Well ice-wizard requires a group to PL. If you can only play a few hours/day to PL I would say a fire-wizard rocks. Can solo very well. Trees in CS just outside Excalibur are ok'ish XP to powerlevel; huge camps and fire shoots em down pretty fast.

Fire gives more aggro then Ice in PvE because aggro of PBAE is shared amongst groupmembers where the fire DD is not.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
SoulFly said:
Go ahead, do a few fire ae's and grab all the aggro and die.

As the aggro you cause isn't shared to the grp like PBAE.

Fire's not good, end of story (not for xping atleast).

Well, if you play semi-smart, know the aggro-rules and got capable tanks its possible to be very effective as fire-wizard.

Also in RvR the majority of nukes you send out are ranged and not PBAE. In PvE ice is probably better in groups; in RvR Im unsure after TOA. PBAE looks nice but 1 Banelord screws a PB-box where 2 ranged nukers spread out wont be affected much by it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom