things you sometimes wonder?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
only untill you also reach terminal velocity, then a lead ball will fall to earth the same speed as you if there is enough space for it.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yeah but if the planes crashing i'm at least going to give it a go, that way i can die knowing it doesnt work rather than always wondering lol

Ormorof

FH is my second home
surely if you are on the plane you are falling at the same speed as the plane anyway? :p

tris-

is it possible to actually know your dead?
i suppose we dont know unless we do something like the film Flatliners.

Grimnna

Fledgling Freddie
If what they say about the universe expanding is correct then it must mean there is an end to it. If that is true then what is behind it?
If it is not true that the universe is expanding then we are basically on our way to a huge wall (the end of the universe) because we ARE moving at a ridiculous speed in a certain direction, what will happen to us when we hit the wall....
What would actually be behind that wall?

Why do I wonder what might or might not be behind a possible non-existing wall that we might not even be gooing at?

I need a drink <nods>

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tris- said:
is it possible to actually know your dead?
i suppose we dont know unless we do something like the film Flatliners.
i believe i just answered that but for those not lucky enough to bear witness to my blinding epiffiny (sp?) ill just copy/paste it:

Dirty Harriet! says:
nice thread on the wonderings btw
The sun is going to keep on shining, my love for you is gonna keep on rising. Everythings gonne be.. alright says:
lol thanks
The sun is going to keep on shining, my love for you is gonna keep on rising. Everythings gonne be.. alright says:
there is loads of stuff i sometimes wonder that isnt on there too
Dirty Harriet! says:
aye lol i think really weird stuff and then think about "mm i wonder how many people have wondered this before me?"
thats a new one
lol
Dirty Harriet! says:
lol "wow man im dead" now theres some truely useless knowledge
i dunno what you just said
Dirty Harriet! says:
well your dead, you know your dead but then your dead so you cant do anything about it so knowing it doesnt help at all so tbh when i die i'd rather not know and just carry on as normal
how do you know you know your dead
Dirty Harriet! says:
because you said you wondered if you know your dead when you die, so i mean im just saying i'd rather not know and just kind of carry on, but then i guess i'd still be alive, ooh hay you know what always makes me wonder?
Dirty Harriet! says:
when in movies they start going (horror movies) "Ooh Noes!! its The Undead!!" well undead means theyre alive so your basically going "Aaaarrgh its an alive person!!" tbh thats gotta be a root cause of agoraphobia
Dirty Harriet! says:
imo anyway

tris-

from what i know on atoms -

we can know the speed an atom is going at or we can know its location but we cant know both right? or something about the direction.

if so, can we only know one or the other about the universe?
we can either know where its edge is or we can know the speed it is expanding?

and if we have a 3rd dimension (where we are), shouldnt it be more than possible there is other dimensions around us? so there could be a dimension that has infinite space and maybe we could be expanding in that space.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i just wondered what would happen if you ate a load of asparagus and a load of beetroot, youd get some reaaaally smelly red pee sure but would it be dangerous?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Eq! I told on another thread that people should edit the MSN(crap) posts and leave out the bloody ferkin "Tim - The guy that likes to write long things in this thing so everyone can be annoyed says: Hi." things....

Eidt! Edit EDIIIIITTT!!!!*gurglegurlesplatter*

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Something i've always wondered after an experience from the The Simpsons;

How do they get those little M's, on the m&m's?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
tris- said:
from what i know on atoms -

we can know the speed an atom is going at or we can know its location but we cant know both right? or something about the direction.

yeah, something like that, because if we knew where it was it wouldnt be moving which would mean its velocity wouldnt make any sense o_O

we can however know the probability of it being in a certain place :p

but then it just starts getting complicated (though not as much fun as the quantum theory behind electrons ;) )

there's alot of things i wonder about, usually when im bored..... for example i always wondered pepperoni on oven home made pizza's comes out of the oven black, but the rest of the pizza is perfectly cooked (and if you take it out earlier the rest isnt cooked properly!!)

irritates me when i have pizza :eek6:

oh on the dimensions thing... 3D is simply how einstein descirbed the universe isnt it? with 3 dimensions, space, time and something else, cant remember right now :p

tris-

maybe your not cooking the pizza right. the perfect way in a fan assisted oven i found -

pre heat to right temperature
put straight on shelf
leave in for 10-12 mins
take
either put on a wire wrack or lift the pizza and fan it with a cloth

makes it crispy etc.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
yeah, something like that, because if we knew where it was it wouldnt be moving which would mean its velocity wouldnt make any sense o_O

we can however know the probability of it being in a certain place

but then it just starts getting complicated (though not as much fun as the quantum theory behind electrons ;) )

there's alot of things i wonder about, usually when im bored..... for example i always wondered pepperoni on oven home made pizza's comes out of the oven black, but the rest of the pizza is perfectly cooked (and if you take it out earlier the rest isnt cooked properly!!)

irritates me when i have pizza :eek6:

oh on the dimensions thing... 3D is simply how einstein descirbed the universe isnt it? with 3 dimensions, space, time and something else, cant remember right now :p

If that's your problem, why don't you just attach the pepperonis after baking the pizza for a bit?

And that thing about more dimensions sounds like a stupid way to try explaining something they can't explain yet :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
If that's your problem, why don't you just attach the pepperonis after baking the pizza for a bit?

And that thing about more dimensions sounds like a stupid way to try explaining something they can't explain yet :p

because im a lazy student? :/

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
because im a lazy student? :/
My words are golden, I'm spitting them at you, and this is the answer I get? You will not go to heaven, my boy.

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
Bahumat said:
imagine if you had 2 bags of sugar both the same weight falling, all of a sudden 1 bag is 2times as heavy....the rate it falls is faster.
Err, ok then...
Only if they are shaped differently and there is a difference in their wind resistance. That effect is extremely minute though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom