Things That Are Done Better By Scots and Microwaves...

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Scottish make better commentators, Jim Watt is the best boxing commentator and Andy Gray was the best footy commentator.

Scrambled eggs are better in the microwave and so is soup. I need to know more food that is better in the science oven, can't believe I have been a snob all these years about soup being done the proper way, it takes fucking ages to warm up and it is never hot enough done on the hob.

Sometimes I get bored when I aren't working :eek:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I take issue with eggs and soup done in the microwave! Evil device that is only good for heating up Aldi popcorn! My inlaws do fried eggs and bacon in the microwave :(

Trem

Oh god bacon no but honestly scrambled eggs are better, they are fluffy and lovely, trust me.

Trem

I'm going to facepalm all your replies for being so nasty to me :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I notice a complete lack of denial in your post. Dont fash yourself chumbacon, all of FH knows you're not allowed in the kitchen since.....the mixer incident :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I caught a lad at work doing bacon in the microwave too, I nearly stabbed him in the neck with my pen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
+1 on the frying pan and a little butter action.

NEVER add milk. Milk is for losers.

Edit:
I caught a lad at work doing bacon in the microwave too, I nearly stabbed him in the neck with my pen.

"nearly" :eek:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also you are clearly awful at scrambling eggs if they come out better for you in a microwave. It's like the toilet paper all over again.

Trem

Ha you hated Andy Gray because he was the only commentator who didn't want to rim Alex Ferguson Ch3t.

Nope until recently I did eggs in a pan and I definitely think they are better, quicker and faster with less mess done in the microwave.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Scrambled eggs need to be cooked slowly otherwise they end up all rubbery...they certainly shouldn't be done in the microwave!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I do 'em in the frying pan. Generally by the time the toast is done and buttered the eggs are ready. No mess.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Scrambled eggs need to be cooked slowly otherwise they end up all rubbery...they certainly shouldn't be done in the microwave!
That's a lie, you should heat oil up as high as you can, in effect, the best scrambled eggs are when you have the hottest oil possible, and then turn the heat off and fry them as it cools down.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toast two slices. Put incredients in between(preferably not fresh produce, just bacon/ham/cheese/butter/whatnot). Nuke it for a suitable moment.

It's really good.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
No chef would ever use a microwave for scrambled eggs. Butter, frying pan, eggs, bacon or smoked salmon/haddock, dash of milk or water, salt and pepper is all that is needed to make perfect scrambled eggs.

Regards Andy Gray as best football commentator, OMG no! We have him now on BeingSports, after he was sacked from Sky. He makes the same comments about the same teams over and over. Whilst his half time analysis can be decent his general comments about the teams and players are mostly stupid. Luckily we get a lot of decent guests to counter him, Keagan and Silvestre last week.

Trem

But look who Sky have now, I really miss the accent, they need to employ someone better than fucking Gary Neville and Alan Smith (he has to be the worst commentator ever....drones).

edit - you all do realise I meant the accent don't you (unless it's to wind Ch3t up about Gray)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Warm milk is better from a microwave

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The trick is to stop the microwave before the explosion of milk

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm with Trem on this one, scrambled eggs really are better done in the microwave. Add a bit of milk, zap until nice and fluffy. Add salt and pepper, cook some bacon on the George Formby and drizzle with HP sauce. Serve on toast and you have the weekend breakfast of champions.

Other stuff that works well in the micro are Soups, Beans and Heinz Spaghetti. Taste the same as heating them in a pan, less chance of burnage and a hell of a lot quicker. Less washing up too. I don't understand why people get all dogmatic about cooking stuff in the microwave - OK I would never try to do a steak or bacon in it, but for some stuff they are ideal. All about best tool for the job, unless you're a pretentious arse who thinks scrambled eggs need fucking smoked salmon in them.

Another thing we Scots do better than anyone else is sausages. You can keep your stupid, tasteless pork efforts that roll off the plate when you try to cut them, or need slice lengthways in half to fit on a roll - slice/lorne is the sausage of the Gods. Meaty and pepperey, ideal shape for a morning roll and some bacon. We get a large slab of the stuff every month from Stone Farmer's Market, slice into chunks and freeze and eat through the month. Absolute bliss.

And now I'm fucking starving.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
UK sausages are fucking rank tbh.
Just bought some pork cheese and marmite sausages from butcher. They are the bomb. Best sausages I have ever had. Second only to the pork and black pudding ones they do.

Standard supermarket sausages are rank. I would always go for the premium ones there. And def not the frozen ones

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
meh, it not what goes in them, it's the structure. its too fine. tdc does not like that. le NL also has some fine-structured sausages (leverworst, rookworst) and tdc does not like those either.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Icecream.

Ben and Jerry's in the mircowave for 15 seconds before eating make it nice and soft.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Icecream.

Ben and Jerry's in the mircowave for 15 seconds before eating make it nice and soft.

Have to eat it in one go though(not that there's any chance that won't happen), otherwise refrozen icecream is a bit naff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom