Things In DAoC That Make Me Chuckle

R

Roo Stercogburn

A few things that make me smile in game...

It makes me smile that...

...players seem to assume that as you become higher level in-game, you actually mature in real life. The two are unconnected. Chances are a selfish moron at level 1 is still a selfish moron at level 50 unless he or she accidently matured in RL along the way or had a number 10 bus partially lobotomise them.

...Thanes go into Malmohus sane, nice people and come out psychos that want to Mjollneir anything that doesn't get away fast enough. Too many levels as a lightning conductor seems to do things to them. Try grouping with a Thane after Malmo and telling him/her he CAN'T area pull. Have the hankies ready. Thane's hair ALWAYS stands straight up. Even on trolls. A Thane WILL stand on top of a mountain during a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shout "ALL GODS ARE BASTARDS!" just to see what happens.

...someone said that smoking is like casting DOT on yourself. (I don't smoke but know many that do).

...many guild masters genuinely believe it IS their guild.

...caster weapons proc... IN MELEE. Duh! (Actually this makes me cry, not smile). Spell-like abilities. That's where its at. Go play Dungeons & Dragons for details on this.

...peeps don't realise the baseline for xp is actually something that cons blue (possibly yellow) to you when solo for your level, and think anything that isn't max cap is bad xp.

...'Giant' type monsters always drop their loot between their butt cheeks. I mean yeeeuuw. My laundry bill is huge when hunting Jotums or Ice Giants. Ever noticed nobody volunteers to pick up the loot from these?

...healers like it when the Spirit Master brings on his pet for groups because then someone else gets the blame for the group wipeout.

...the number of people in Emain that think to say "something in a language you don't understand" is still witty and original. It is, honest. Keep saying it, you're slaying 'em.

...been playing now since 2 weeks after UK release.... and still haven't seen a Werepanda. Anywhere. Did I buy the wrong game?

E

erl

Hehe, hilarious :clap:

...healers like it when the Spirit Master brings on his pet for groups because then someone else gets the blame for the group wipeout.

Aww, I feel sorry for the poor pets :fluffle:.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

...someone said that smoking is like casting DOT on yourself.

That's just what I needed to hear... now every time I light a smoke I will have that in my mind...

/lights cigarette
tick
tick
tick
You hit yourself for 5 damage
tick
tick
tick
[You] dies. [You] drops [box of Lucky Strike] and [a lighter]

You are awarded no experience for this kill, numbnut.

D

dittytwo

Originally posted by sickofit...

That's just what I needed to hear... now every time I light a smoke I will have that in my mind...

/lights cigarette
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
[You] dies. [You] drops [box of Lucky Strike] and [a lighter]

You are awarded no experience for this kill, numbnut.

HAHAHAHA :D :m00: :clap:

O

old.tRoG

...Thanes go into Malmohus sane, nice people and come out psychos that want to Mjollneir anything that doesn't get away fast enough. Too many levels as a lightning conductor seems to do things to them. Try grouping with a Thane after Malmo and telling him/her he CAN'T area pull. Have the hankies ready. Thane's hair ALWAYS stands straight up. Even on trolls. A Thane WILL stand on top of a mountain during a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shout "ALL GODS ARE BASTARDS!" just to see what happens.

hehehehehahahahahahahehehehehehehahahahaha!

C

Col|

...peeps don't realise the baseline for xp is actually something that cons blue (possibly yellow) to you when solo for your level, and think anything that isn't max cap is bad xp.

hehe, this is sooo true

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom