Thidranki - What do you miss most.

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
Well i miss everything, The keep, able to take it with like 2 people, some times with Nekrosniper,

being able to camp bridge and kill people coming... or 1hit pa a caster in a alb zerg and get away...

the old seige weapons

i miss everything:( i even miss all the old folks in thidranki

i miss my shadowblade Ctx :(

i miss Nekrosniper

i miss Faxi

i miss the landscape of thidranki, and i hate people who get away cuz of using water pots,

i hate the new guards and the size of the keep, and the lord

i hate thidranki now, i will never return.

What do u miss most?

I played thidranki when it first came out, first 5mins i quit :( not my Cup-of-tea any more

Everz

FH is my second home
Yea not as fun as it used to be, was a blast with my chanter when it was there. Used to love sneaking up and aoe fgs :)

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
Hamro. i mite return hib actualy, to remake Dackky :) but it means me deleted a 50shaman :( with Staff of god, but it has no armor or nothing:/

Everz

FH is my second home
Hib quite fun atm, fg of us just pwning zergs (when it works :twak: )

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Wirey said:
i miss everything:( i even miss all the old folks in thidranki

i miss my shadowblade Ctx :(

i miss Nekrosniper

i miss Faxi

i miss the landscape of thidranki, and i hate people who get away cuz of using water pots,

What do u miss most?

I played thidranki when it first came out, first 5mins i quit :( not my Cup-of-tea any more

I think its much better, feel more open and not so stale. The ability to use pots and be effective in the water is gr8 too not so much of the spamming nukes n arrows into someones back because they have been zerged off a bridge into water "rofl woot funz!!". Its not hard to get pots, i mean most people use toa'd and 99-100% sc'd parts...whats a pot or 2? The mobs postioning is much better to and i think the fact a keep can be breached through several routes makes it less predictable. The old siege weapons were a joke too..

Wirey said:
Well i miss everything, The keep, able to take it with like 2 people, some times with Nekrosniper,

being able to camp bridge and kill people coming... or 1hit pa a caster in a alb zerg and get away...

Thats the effect of balancing issues such as the ones u miss, i dont know many who miss old thid tbh

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Wirey said:

This was something that was patently ridiculous and sucked. While the new keep doesn’t completely stop a keep being taken by a small number of people in the small hours of the morning, it does stop it being taken by 1 or 2 people. This was a stupid thing in the old Thid, I’m glad its gone.

Wirey said:

Well gee, you can still camp bridges in new Thid. In fact I reckon its easier. I’ve still been able to PA Mid and Hib casters in zergs in new Thid and get away as well.

Wirey said:
the old seige weapons
…looked crap. The new ones are far better.

Wirey said:

Being able to swim and dive underwater adds a new strategic element to play. It creates more options for the players skilled enough to use it. However, if you’ve got the brains, you can counter and stop people escaping by water as well.

Wirey said:

While I miss the look of the old keep, which is true across all the RvR keeps for me, that is the only thing I miss about old thid. The size of the keep itself is great, as are the options for attacking it. I just wish the old look had somehow been retained.

Wirey said:

Sounds to me like you can’t handle the challenges and learning curve (albeit a rather shallow one) that the new Thid presents. Oh well, plenty of others in Thid still having lots of fun.

Eyeball

Loyal Freddie
I hate the constant lag i got now, press turn button and you turn like 0.5 secs later.
Also hate the exp you get if your not planning to level further than lvl 24. If those 2 things where gone it would make it better 2 play instead of suiciding every 10+ solo kills :(

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
I hate (tho this goes for all RvR now) the fact that when you kill people when you are outnumbered that they die and rel and res sick lasts like 20 seconds, so if you win you lose out on the idea that killing someone acctualy achieved something (usually lower the amount of Albs in thid), and if you die to the zerg then it doesn't matter because you will be back in 20seconds :mad: . This applies mostly to thidranki as most people there don't eally want RPs and so the fun part is killing people when you are outnumbered, but that is lessend by the fact that it doesn't acctualy matter to the people you killed.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
imo the rez sickness thing is a gr8 thing, speeds gameplay up and people arent so bothered about dying (good thing so they dont mega zerg once every 40mins)

Only complaint is of the rapid rate of exp, but i guess its only mythics way for trying to get the other bg full

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Staffzor said:
but that is lessend by the fact that it doesn't acctualy matter to the people you killed.

I admit that there was a peverse satisfaction to be gained from killing someone and exiling them to the portal keep to await the wizzies, but frankly I don't think a computer game is the right place for people endulging such behaviour.

The new system of releasing to the portal keep rather than the mainland, makes BG RvR flow faster and is enjoyable for all involved, especially a new player who I would imagine would get very sick and tired, very quickly, of waiting on the portal pad to come back to THid, only to be killed by yet another group of ToA'd stealth toons.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Sendraks said:
Being able to swim and dive underwater adds a new strategic element to play. It creates more options for the players skilled enough to use it. However, if you’ve got the brains, you can counter and stop people escaping by water as well.
Actually all it means is a person with a lvl 50 alt has the edge since they can afford crafted pots, its not tactics just better equipment.
How many people who have leveled from 1-24 can afford these after geting descent armour and weaps?

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Actually all it means is a person with a lvl 50 alt has the edge since they can afford crafted pots, its not tactics just better equipment.

Crafted pots are not that expensive, and the none-crafted ones are dirt cheap. Do you really need crafted pots for Thid? I think not.

I have yet to use pots in Thid yet. I can use the water to my advantage without them.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
miss the old ck with the tower and all , miss the big bunch of albs standing down at shore , miss the hitting people for 450+ damage on PA .. also miss my thane I had there, miss the old Thidranki Guard members and the fun we had :D .. was great fun , not as much fun now anymore :/

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
I admit that there was a peverse satisfaction to be gained from killing someone and exiling them to the portal keep to await the wizzies, but frankly I don't think a computer game is the right place for people endulging such behaviour.

It is sort of lessened for me as well tho, as if I get killed then I know I will be back within the minute ready to go again, and that kind of makes me do things like as a duo attack a fg knowing we can kill maybe 2 or 3 and then would die, which doesn't matter as with old thidranki. It kinda makes me more wreckless and less careing about my general tactics and skill, and deciding if we can take a fg or whatever, it no longer matters just attack them, and if we kill 3 and die ah well no matter, it to me at least feels kind of like there is less reward for playing well.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Staffzor said:
It kinda makes me more wreckless and less careing about my general tactics and skill, and deciding if we can take a fg or whatever, it no longer matters just attack them, and if we kill 3 and die ah well no matter, it to me at least feels kind of like there is less reward for playing well.

I see your point Staff, but I don't think playing "less well" or playing "badly" is something that should be punished (I use the word loosely) for after all this means that the new players do get the crappy end of the stick. There's also a learning curve issue for new players, players new to characters, that the quicker they can get back out there fighting, the quicker they'll learn what went wrong. 10 minutes on the pad breaks up the flow of battle and I don't think was as conducive to learning what went wrong.

For me, I'd still rather not die at all. As in old Thid, I try to pull off every trick in the book to avoid dying and I still pick my targets with my utmost preservation combined with victory in mind. Playing to the best of your own ability is its own reward. If you can go for hours in a zergy thid, get many kills and not die, thats an achievement and one I think is worth aiming for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom