Thidranki Bug

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
No not me flaming someone for some unknown cheat, genuine bug of the Keep Lord hiding in the walls variety, reported yet again to RIGHTNOW - awaiting a reply and I have suggested that the Mids get docked a few million RP for there... not abuse but shall we say, taking advantage of their currently invincable keep :)

Got the reply - Mythic have agreed and will be deleting the Mid realm :) and creating a new realm of Hibgard (Mid/Hib creation) hang on we already got this one, with both mentioned realms forming spurious teams - had some fun rolling a Mid on an old account and breaking the ceasefire - great watching the mistrust creep in and all hell break loose :) :flame:

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
LawBringer said:
had some fun rolling a Mid on an old account and breaking the ceasefire - great watching the mistrust creep in and all hell break loose :) :flame:

ILLEGAL!
AGAINST CoC!
AMAGAAD!
:eek2:

Kais

Banned
LawBringer said:
No not me flaming someone for some unknown cheat, genuine bug of the Keep Lord hiding in the walls variety, reported yet again to RIGHTNOW - awaiting a reply and I have suggested that the Mids get docked a few million RP for there... not abuse but shall we say, taking advantage of their currently invincable keep :)

Got the reply - Mythic have agreed and will be deleting the Mid realm :) and creating a new realm of Hibgard (Mid/Hib creation) hang on we already got this one, with both mentioned realms forming spurious teams - had some fun rolling a Mid on an old account and breaking the ceasefire - great watching the mistrust creep in and all hell break loose :) :flame:

it was the albs iirc that got it stuck there ; ) and while i'm in thid i'll gladly spear a hib just as readily as an alb ;p

Keitan

Banned
Hmm are hibs and mids really gonna merge? and where did you read it from?

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Keitan said:

Was intended as a joke, and as for logging in as a mid being against CoC - not really - I have 1 PC which can't cope with 2 instances of game running so was not on 2 realms at once :)

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
LawBringer said:
...as for logging in as a mid being against CoC - not really - I have 1 PC which can't cope with 2 instances of game running so was not on 2 realms at once :)

taken from http://support.darkageofcamelot.com/kb/article.php?id=073

DAoC CoC said:
You may NOT cross-team spy. This means you are not allowed to have characters in different realms on the same server (usually used for the purpose of spying on opposing realms). This includes characters on different accounts. However, we will not discourage 2 realms from cooperating with each other against a 3rd (commonly referred to as cross-teaming), as long as you do not act against your home-realm. While we want all 3 realms to wage war against each other, there are times when a little cooperation is appropriate. "Cross-teaming" in this manner is not a violation of our rules.

as far as i know its not actually possible anymore to run 2 accounts on different realms on the same server at the same time (unless u use a seperate install on a partition or ofc another comp). but just having characters on more than 1 realm on the same server is against the CoC.

not trying to beat ur balls here or anything :p just proving u wrong xD

Kais

Banned
the bugged lord is great, keeps the hib gg occupied for hours :D

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
I was trying to figure out if this is a whine thread or a gloat thread.

Silly me, it's both :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Rep said:
taken from http://support.darkageofcamelot.com/kb/article.php?id=073

as far as i know its not actually possible anymore to run 2 accounts on different realms on the same server at the same time (unless u use a seperate install on a partition or ofc another comp). but just having characters on more than 1 realm on the same server is against the CoC.

not trying to beat ur balls here or anything :p just proving u wrong xD

can't connect to two different realms on the same server from the same IP.

That's the Mythic CoC - the GOA one is different. You're allowed to have two different accounts on different realms on the same server as long as you don't pass over information between the two.

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
can't connect to two different realms on the same server from the same IP.

That's the Mythic CoC - the GOA one is different. You're allowed to have two different accounts on different realms on the same server as long as you don't pass over information between the two.

so which CoC applies? if its the GOA one, isnt it a bit silly? :p

it allows people to play on all 3 realms on the same server as long as they promise not to tell anyone whats going on?

how can u enforce this rule? whats stopping someone from getting themselves into, say, powerful alliances in all 3 realms? they dont need to pass any information if albs are planning a relic raid. they could simply tell their entire alliance to go sit in relic keep.

sounds a bit daft to me :p

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Hello,

Thank you for this report.

The lord has been reset. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Fixed :)

Kais

Banned
LawBringer said:
Hello,

Thank you for this report.

The lord has been reset. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Fixed :)

damn :D

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Rep said:
so which CoC applies? if its the GOA one, isnt it a bit silly? :p

it allows people to play on all 3 realms on the same server as long as they promise not to tell anyone whats going on?

how can u enforce this rule? whats stopping someone from getting themselves into, say, powerful alliances in all 3 realms? they dont need to pass any information if albs are planning a relic raid. they could simply tell their entire alliance to go sit in relic keep.

sounds a bit daft to me :p

What's so hard to understand?

You are allowed to have chars in all 3 realms if u want but passing information about the other isn't allowed that means simply. You can't share info about, let's say Hib plans a relicraid on albs and you hear about it. If you then tell your guildmates in Alb that a relicraid is planned and will start xx.xx.xx then you're breaking the CoC. If you keep your mouth shut, no problems at all.

See the difference?

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
Phule_Gubben said:
What's so hard to understand?

You are allowed to have chars in all 3 realms if u want but passing information about the other isn't allowed that means simply. You can't share info about, let's say Hib plans a relicraid on albs and you hear about it. If you then tell your guildmates in Alb that a relicraid is planned and will start xx.xx.xx then you're breaking the CoC. If you keep your mouth shut, no problems at all.

See the difference?

didnt say i didnt understand it, said it was dumb :p

whats the point in there being a rule like that that is impossible to enforce?

eg.

i am the GM of a guild which heads the biggest alliance on alb and am a member of a high profile guild on hib on a seperate account.

/as on hib gives word of a RR on albs the next morning at 7am so, me, being in a powerful position on alb, have 150 albs waiting in relic keep at 6:30am the next morning.

later that day..

hib alliance gm: anyone here who knows someone who plays alb?
me: yes i am head of XXX alliance on alb.
hib alliance gm: did you tell them about our plans?
me: no.
hib alliance gm: fair enough *claps hands*

you see what im getting at? would be a lot simpler to have the rule from mythics CoC which forbids playing other realms on the same server, than to have GOAs rule which lets you do so, as long as u promise to keep quiet.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Keitan said:

Oh God. some people are easily taken for a ride.... :sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom