Theurgists, earth pets, and the to hit code.

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
My Theurgist is currently specced 46 air, 25 ice, 13 earth... for RvR.

When people are running PvE events, earth theurgists tend to be preferred over air/ice theurgists as they can cast higher level earth pets.

My question is, then, do earth pets at higher levels last longer? Against high level mobs they will all be one shotted anyway (but then again, they aren't there to generate and absorb aggro anyway so this is a null point).

Second question - do higher level earth pets affect the to-hit code more than lower level ones. Is the number of attackers the factor affecting the to-hit code, or does the level of the attacks matter aswell?

Just two quesitons I would be grateful if someone could answer for me.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, higher level earthies last longer that lower level earthies. That's what makes the difference between em.

It's the number that matters, 100 earthlords will do the same as 100 earth beasts. Higher level ones however can do some damage eventually, at which point you as a theurgist can inform the BG to start nuking.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Low level earth pets are fine for pve and last for 60seconds just like high level ones.

Low level earth pets affect the to-hit code the exact same amount as high level ones.

Low level earth pets often will NOT hit the mob but they can. Depends on how many people attacking. Simply, the high level earth pets will land hits way before the low level ones and do a lot more dmg.

Basically, it mainly comes down to the fact that people wish to have the additional dmg that the high level pets bring which is understandable. More often then not it doesnt matter if you got a grey or blue con pet etc, they are going to be 1 shot if attacked/pbaoe from a high level mob as they all only got 300HP

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Deepflame said:
Yes, higher level earthies last longer that lower level earthies. That's what makes the difference between em.

No! All earth elementals last 1 minute (check here).

Difference between the earth pets from what I can remember are speed, hitpoints and damage.

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks people, that clarifies things for me. Guess I can take my Theurg along to PvE raids afterall :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Gelid said:
Thanks people, that clarifies things for me. Guess I can take my Theurg along to PvE raids afterall :)

And for some mobs which have pb attacks etc Ice pets are actually better :)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
whats written here is true, but id add that essence flames+essence sear will not help earth beasts much, as theyre only there to increase to-hit bonus, and not dealing good damage.. whilst if a mob is spammed by 3 earth theus, and theres a good battlemaster, you get perma blue diamond effect surrounding him ;p

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
essence flames+essence sear will help alot if you get enough pets up so they start procing

Corran

Part of the furniture
GReaper said:
No! All earth elementals last 1 minute (check here).

Difference between the earth pets from what I can remember are speed, hitpoints and damage.

Hit points are the same. 300HP iirc. Just the fact that tanks can 1shot low level but not high level. Support take a couple of hits to kill them. Cast AOE will kill them all in 1 shot no matter con basically.

And speed is a factor. Think they start getting faster when you get in the 3x range but i cant remember. Top level pets are between speed 5 and 6 (can catch mach5 but not mach5+sprint) if i remember that correctly

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Earth Elementals come at 1, 7, 12, 20, 32, 40, & 48. They all last 60 secs, have the strongest melee attack, and are blue con from 32 on. Each spell past 32 increases damage and greatly increases speed (Abbadon did a test chasing down a Minstrel and the 48 caught him at Speed 5, but not when he was at Speed 5 and Sprinting). They are defensively weak

Corran

Part of the furniture
Cloudz said:
Earth Elementals come at 1, 7, 12, 20, 32, 40, & 48. They all last 60 secs, have the strongest melee attack, and are blue con from 32 on. Each spell past 32 increases damage and greatly increases speed (Abbadon did a test chasing down a Minstrel and the 48 caught him at Speed 5, but not when he was at Speed 5 and Sprinting). They are defensively weak

Thanks for confirming that mate. Seems i was right but couldnt remember the exact specifics :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom