Theurgist Spec advice

S

slowjoe

Hi

Im planning on making my lvl8 theurgist earth/ice balanced . By lvl10 i plan on being 7 in each of the 2 ...then increasing each every other lvl and using any spare points to boost whichever gives me most use.....I should be at lvl 50 with Earth at 37 and ice at 40 ..does this sound ok or am i gonna gimp myself???

Advice please guys...

O

old.mattshanes

it sounds fine i am a ice/earth theurg with 41 earth and 30 ice with some wind by mistake :( but i got 8 sec pbt and a nice aoe root but not for tanglers for some odd reason anyway that should be fine u wont be a gimp at all:)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by slowjoe
Hi

Im planning on making my lvl8 theurgist earth/ice balanced . By lvl10 i plan on being 7 in each of the 2 ...then increasing each every other lvl and using any spare points to boost whichever gives me most use.....I should be at lvl 50 with Earth at 37 and ice at 40 ..does this sound ok or am i gonna gimp myself???

Advice please guys...

Personally I consider 37 Earth 39 Ice to be the best spec and it will be with patch 1.51 and all the spell line changes that it brings. Also don't neglect the friction spells in the abrasion line which are so underused it makes me laugh, the higher level frictions will save your life in PvE on a nightly basis and are damn useful for solo RvR as well.

O

old.mattshanes

Roll on 1.51 then hehe i be even better then :p

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

air nukes do more dmge than ice . also on air line u get mezz spells

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.¥ØÐÄ
air nukes do more dmge than ice . also on air line u get mezz spells

yes but air nukes are about to be changed to spirit damage which will be much easier resisted in forthcoming patches, belive me I have done my homework. air thuerg is dead as of 1.50 until mythic rebalance our class but that won't happen as we have no teamleader advising mythic these days :(

O

old.Alliandre

And now I've seen a Druid in action, I've noticed how great root is against mids :)

P

- Pathfinder -

Root is great, as long as you're aware of it's limitations ;)

C

cHodAX

11 Mids all got a nice suprise root off me last night in emain, I quickcast root and ran out runemaster range. Then watched them all stood there like bowling pins as we picked them off. Sadly on our next encounter they battered the living daylights out of us thanks to a very quick AE mezz on our tanks. Nice work whoever that was. It seems like medium-large scale RvR is purely decided by good crowd control these days rather than a few months ago when it was purely a level/numbers issue. Personally I find it alot more fun but then I get to be a deciding factor, what pisses me off is that we get no realm points for a root/mezz that leads to a kill. So we can root the whole Middie nation and get bugger all reward when the tanks roll in to wipe them outand claim all the lovely RP/BP's :(

The Thuerg mezz line is moved into spirit come 1.50 or 1.51, Darkness Falls has a ton of drops that give good spirit % resists so everyone will be wanting those items. reports from the US servers state that our mezz now fails over 50% of the time in medium-large battles whereas the root is resisted far less often. While root isn't as useful as mezz it has more of an impact for RvR in future patches.

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

what are the spirit resists on lvl 50 epic armors ? because i cant see anybody not using a piece of 50 epic armor so they can have a little extra spirit resist . so there spirit resist will probably have to come from items such as bracers/rings/necklaces .

and with Purge "i think thats what its called" people wont bother getting spirit resist items because purge will break the mezz for them anyway . as forice nukes vs ice looking at the new spell library on camelot herald air still shows as doing more dmg than ice .

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.¥ØÐÄ
what are the spirit resists on lvl 50 epic armors ? because i cant see anybody not using a piece of 50 epic armor so they can have a little extra spirit resist . so there spirit resist will probably have to come from items such as bracers/rings/necklaces .

and with Purge "i think thats what its called" people wont bother getting spirit resist items because purge will break the mezz for them anyway . as forice nukes vs ice looking at the new spell library on camelot herald air still shows as doing more dmg than ice .

I am only reporting what has happend on the US servers. Yes few people will give up epic armours just for extra spirit resists, however 90% of the playing population are not level 50 and the Darkness Falls spirit resist drops start at about level 25. Also 'Purge' will effectivly kill crowd control if used properly and I think that was a very bad bad move by Mythic.

As I said earlier more than 50% of AE mezzes are resisted after 1.51, that combined with 'Purge' kills mezz dead. Root is still resisted but to a lesser extent it seems. As for the air nukes well wait till 1.50 when they do spirit damage and mobs/players resist your highest damage spell by huge amounts. 220dmg DD sounds nice but when you lose 25% of the damage to players under level 50 you will be cursing Mythic. Also the resist screws the DD's variance up so your damage isn't consistant.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
1) "very quick AE mezz on our tanks"
2) "what pisses me off is that we get no realm points for a root/mezz that leads to a kill. So we can root the whole Middie nation and get bugger all reward when the tanks roll in to wipe them outand claim all the lovely RP/BP's"

1) That very quick mezz was probably a healers instacast ae mez :)

2) Try grouping with the tanks

F

Flimgoblin

Might wanna put up yer earth a bit more in the early levels to get PBT sooner... then bring ice upto scratch...

If you've got PBT at lvl 30/35 then you're ok as it ensures easy grouping to 50 :) (see the thread on laid back theurgists in the class descriptions)

L

Lanceloc

mez and purge

Everything should have a counter attack in my opinion, or the game will just be lop sided and unbalanced.

Here's hoping they do something good for tanks in 1.52!

O

old.Ryzar

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
it sounds fine i am a ice/earth theurg with 41 earth and 30 ice with some wind by mistake :( but i got 8 sec pbt and a nice aoe root but not for tanglers for some odd reason anyway that should be fine u wont be a gimp at all:)

mistake?

you said you want to have lotsa good spells HEHE ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Spirit resist only works on cleric and minstrel mezz...

Healer mezz is body and I think the hibernian caster stun is heat?

Could be wrong...

Check the spells list on the camelot herald - it has all the resist types listed.

G

Glema

I thought all mezzes were being moved to Spirit though?

And doesnt the Spirit resist only reduce the duration of the mezz?
Whether it sticks or not is level based.

F

Flimgoblin

The commonly held belief is that spirit resist will improve your mezzability.
(or as your rightly point out, how much the timer is reduced)

Up till patch 1.51 no resists affect the mezz duration...

after 1.51 it'll be different depending on the spells (as it should be, else anyone with THE mezz-resist damage type would be screwed)

G

Glema

after 1.51 it'll be different depending on the spells (as it should be, else anyone with THE mezz-resist damage type would be screwed

Smite Clerics and errr Air Theurgs then ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom