Therion

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I can't really remember who mentioned the band - but whoever it was - big thanks.

Just got a couple of tracks - holy shit. Great stuff. :D

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I can't really remember who mentioned the band - but whoever it was - big thanks.

Just got a couple of tracks - holy shit. Great stuff. :D

I know :p

/me fluffles Sicko
visit us on IRC again soon, we're feeling neglected :D

S

Sarum TheBlack

I think someone should alert Bush to the new threat to world security.... Belsameth's ability to corrupt souls at will.

Who will be next? Lock you kids up, and keep them away from IRC folks... it's too late for us, but perhaps you can save yourselves....

B

Belsameth

*gives her best innocent look*

what did I do? :)

J

Jonaldo

Not heard of them... some kind of metal band?

Not into metal

G

Goryk

Theli is a great album by them: Check out To Mega Therion and Nightside of Eden if you want a taster. They also have an entire album based on Norse Mythology for you trolls out there too, although it's not their best work.

Best description of their genre must be symphonic, gothic doom metal or something. Not easy to place them into any genre when they sound so different :) Not something I thought I'd like but glad I checked them out.

B

Belsameth

no, melodic doom kinda covers it.
it's pretty good, tho can grow boring rather fast, as soon as the "new" feel leaves it...

Note to Goryk: tsk tsk, Vovin is so much better then Theli :p

X

Xtro

"melodic doom"....that sounds...a strange concept :)

I've got Christian Death "All The Hate" album on atm, quite a fun album lol.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Xtro
"melodic doom"....that sounds...a strange concept :)

I've got Christian Death "All The Hate" album on atm, quite a fun album lol.

it is?
you listen to quite different doom then I do, then. or just use a different label system..:)

X

Xtro

hehe probably.

Have you heard "All The Hate" btw? I Hate You is sung by the singer's kid son who was 7 yrs old at the time. There's one line I won't repeat here that always has me laughing :)

N

-naetha-

So let me get this right, Therion are a bizarre crossover of Metallica S&M, Cradle of Filth and Pink Floyd in their Atom Heart Mother days?

Cool! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom