There was also alot of action in Darkness Falls, Devon-US

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Hello guys, the progress is good for my "little" Troll Shaman. I am now currently lvl 36 and working my way up to lvl39 for some RvR at Molvik. Perhaps anyone would like to join me in there or play with me in Darkness Falls if Midgard are in possession of it?

By the way, could someone explain the use of /face? I've been recommended to use it and then cast my spells, I have no idea why but perhaps some kind soul would explain this for me?

Oh well, he come some screenshots from my tour in Darkness Falls the other day :)

I would like to apologize for not taking a screenshot of the /who Darkness Falls, that I did. There sure was alot of people! During the day here in Sweden (GMT+1) there is about 300-450 online but when the clock hits around 20:00 the amount raise to 700-900 people online. I think that's very nice for such an old game that it actually is hehe.

sshot006.jpg

sshot007r.jpg

Who would mess with this giant Troll!? :) He also looks a bit like the big Hulk!

sshot008b.jpg

See? Alot of people here, that's for sure! I couldn't really get a good picture but there were people on boths sides hehe.

sshot009d.jpg

Contact me on: Darkxler, Devon-US cluster if you would like to play sometime! :clap:

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
By the way, could someone explain the use of /face? I've been recommended to use it and then cast my spells, I have no idea why but perhaps some kind soul would explain this for me?

two main reasons:

1) when you press /face your character turns directly to your target and you know where it is. sometimes your target is out of heal range but within /face range so you know where you need to go to be able to heal.

2) (and probably most important) the /face command immedietly stops your movement. if you're running and just let go of the forward/backward button your character will just slow down and keep moving for one or two seconds, and thus interrupting all spells your trying to cast. when you RvR it tends to be a good idea to move around abit to avoid being pinned down and more easily interrupted. the /face command allows you to be mobile without having the "slow down" to interrupt your spell casting.

so in summary: it tells you where your targets are and it immedietly halts you allowing you to cast spells without having that small "you move and your spell casting is interrupted" system message.

Everz

FH is my second home
:(

My minstrel was logged in DF.. all this makes me want to play, but i know after 2 hrs ill throw a rage fit and cancel again.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
I know you cant make people reroll if they dont wanna, but you should really roll a kobold :p its worth the time, you gonna be disapointed with a troll in the end :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Well when i played shaman, i meleed 90% of the time and PB diseased 8% of the time and used actual spells 2% so i wish my kibbie was a troll!

Septina

Part of the furniture
Well when i played shaman, i meleed 90% of the time and PB diseased 8% of the time and used actual spells 2% so i wish my kibbie was a troll!

That's why noone ever grouped you. :(

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
two main reasons:

1) when you press /face your character turns directly to your target and you know where it is. sometimes your target is out of heal range but within /face range so you know where you need to go to be able to heal.

2) (and probably most important) the /face command immedietly stops your movement. if you're running and just let go of the forward/backward button your character will just slow down and keep moving for one or two seconds, and thus interrupting all spells your trying to cast. when you RvR it tends to be a good idea to move around abit to avoid being pinned down and more easily interrupted. the /face command allows you to be mobile without having the "slow down" to interrupt your spell casting.

so in summary: it tells you where your targets are and it immedietly halts you allowing you to cast spells without having that small "you move and your spell casting is interrupted" system message.

Thanks alot for your answer mate, it will certainly be fun to learn all the things like this that can help one out while doing some neat RvR. Now I must get to lvl50 asap to take part of the awesome RvR I've heard about ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thanks alot for your answer mate, it will certainly be fun to learn all the things like this that can help one out while doing some neat RvR. Now I must get to lvl50 asap to take part of the awesome RvR I've heard about ;)

You probably know, but up the top right where yiour character sheet is etc, there is a button called Command. If you click on that a little box with lots of buttons will appear. Things like Quit, face, stick, pray, journal etc etc.

If you Shift+left click on Face it will become a button you can drop onto your quickbar :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
WHen i played shaman i used: X, C, Q, E, alt, space, 1, 2, 3 for my mostly used spells, nice to have the stuff u use alot close at hand, oh and move/turn/strafe with mouse!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Move with mouse? I thought keyboard'ing was the new leet?

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Here come some more pictures!

I got owned, hard, but it was fun! Especially since I got turned into some sort of demon which practicly made my day.

sshot010.jpg

Lilith is going berserk at Crossroads in Darkness Falls, sadly I had no chance against her hehe.

sshot011a.jpg

Not even my friend Bigginz from the guild: Defenderz of Darkness, could kill Lilith and her adds, we also got some aggro from a nearby group which Bigginz is currently taking care of.

sshot012.jpg

Bigginz also had the luck of getting turned into a demon, well some might call it bad luck but I won't since it looks so awesome. Here you can also see Lilith who just killed an entire group mohaha.

sshot017.jpg

What are these guys doing at Crossroads... Darn it, I didn't even had a chance to hit them before they stabbed my big troll down :ninja:

Afran

Part of the furniture
Didn't think there was still any new players to this game heh. All this stuff (apart from the Queen) is years old ^^

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I am sure someone can correct me as my knowledge on Lilith is almost 0!

When someone does something like take enough towers for DF to change hands (mid, Hib, Alb) (or it may just be random) Lilith spawns.

I 'heard' off a friend that they were jumped by a full group in DF a while back. Lilith was there and killed everyone lol. She is supposed to be really hard to kill <Epic Encounter> kinda gives that away!

Not sure if she drops anything?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I am sure someone can correct me as my knowledge on Lilith is almost 0!

When someone does something like take enough towers for DF to change hands (mid, Hib, Alb) (or it may just be random) Lilith spawns.

I 'heard' off a friend that they were jumped by a full group in DF a while back. Lilith was there and killed everyone lol. She is supposed to be really hard to kill <Epic Encounter> kinda gives that away!

Not sure if she drops anything?

when you kill female mobs: succubbus, demhaness, etc.. you get the eyes, or a mssge about people being upset.

when enough female mobs are dead, its 2 - 2.5k i think (?)

Lilith spawns at the site of the last one to die, as it does so, with her massive retinue

Mabs

Didn't think there was still any new players to this game heh. All this stuff (apart from the Queen) is years old ^^

yeah heaven forbid someone who is new to daoc should should post about it on a daoc forum

:fluffle:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yeah, what daoc definitely doesn't need is new players. Noobs be gone I say.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Yup its that attitude which eventually took over DAOC that ended up killing it :(

Afran

Part of the furniture
yeah heaven forbid someone who is new to daoc should should post about it on a daoc forum

:fluffle:

There was no hostility in my post :<

Lillith does have her own loot table but it isn't great. Managed to get her down to 80% on skald/valk without the bot there to heal and she seemed quite easy, am sure you could do it with tank+bot+SM+SM

Mabs

There was no hostility in my post :<

Lillith does have her own loot table but it isn't great. Managed to get her down to 80% on skald/valk without the bot there to heal and she seemed quite easy, am sure you could do it with tank+bot+SM+SM

from what ive been told, shes nails cos she spawns constant adds from somewhere, so you get swarmed with succubs, nightmares, etc while fighting

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
from what ive been told, shes nails cos she spawns constant adds from somewhere, so you get swarmed with succubs, nightmares, etc while fighting

True, you can see them in the pictures I posted above, damn hard mobs :)

Afran

Part of the furniture

2 PBAE's take em down in seconds tho

and theres not that many adds, depends on how many you use to kill it

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
*Half of DF's lowbie population was just killed by Cthonic Knight Ukobat*

ah, those were the days! :cheers:

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome pics - brought back memories :). Thanks man!

I would love to come and play with you... but 1. Without a goal, it's pointless for me :/. 2. Uni takes too much of my time.

No goal, since i really... really... really... really... really... HATE New frontier. I just can't rvr in it.

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome pics - brought back memories :). Thanks man!

I would love to come and play with you... but 1. Without a goal, it's pointless for me :/. 2. Uni takes too much of my time.

No goal, since i really... really... really... really... really... HATE New frontier. I just can't rvr in it.

You can always come to Labyrinth with me, spending just as much time in Lab as in NF :p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
aye Labyrinth is a nice alternative to potter about, although I keep getting distracted with exploring and then die messily cause I get jumped

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom