there an uber newbie wow guide?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im just about to start installing WoW, but its been some years since is played a mmorpg so, i was thinking if there was a guide about to help me get started.

and what server is the most populated one after midnight?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
The game is very newbie friendly, you wont ever need to open the manual etc to play. Dunno about very night active servers but i imagine most are like al'akir where i play, i.e. no problems playing after midnight - usually plenty of people to form instance groups with or pvp with until around 5am when the nightowls go to bed.

RobbanPobban

Fledgling Freddie
This should help you out a bit, just a little bit.

Pick all loot (always) and sell it to vendors, you'll make a fortune eventually.

Stick to one zone at the time and finish all quests before you move on unless its really not worth it.

Don't join the first guild that comes across your mind. Play for a while and get to know some people first...

Don't know if ther is any guide really, I think you're best off playing around.

If their is a guide its prolly not free :touch:

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
And remember to get all the quests you can get :)

But it can be played like you want to play, if you want to grind mobs until you level, that can be done.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Tasslehoff said:
if you want to grind mobs until you level, that can be done.
Get all quests for the zone anyway (usually just a 5-10 minute trip before you get started).

Chances are you'll complete them by accident and gain the experience bonus for free. (Un'goro Crater anyone?)

If it's your first MMO in a good while, try not to be too efficient; try to enjoy it instead :)

Here are the official guides:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/

Enjoy :)

Gray

FH is my second home
I have a quick question i cant seem to find.

I used to play DiabloII, and there are many many familiarities in this game which is why i do like it.

I am currently playing as a Warrior, and im wondering - When i hit level 20 (Level 17 atm) i get the option to "Dual Wield", which im going to do instead of using a sword. Anyway - can you use Two-Two handed swords (So one Two handed sword in each hand)

I know that the only class that could do this in DII was the Barbarian, so im curious if the actual warrior can as well

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In short, no Gray. You can only use 2 1 handed weapons, and you will also find that some are described as 'one hander' and others are described as 'main hand'. 'Main hand' swords can only be used in your main hand and the other 'one handed' would go into your off hand. Clearly, therefore, it is nice to get a good one handed sword which can be used in either main or off hand.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
There are also a few "off hand" weapons which can only be used in the off hand.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
just installed it today and a few peeps mentioned they play on bloodscalp server in fh irc room, ive enjoyed it so far leveling up to 5, but was suprised how empty it seemed, allin all i bummped in a 3 peeps and grouped up for a seems which was ace. but game feels empty when there are not many peeps to bump in to

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom