Therapy?

M

mank

Not sure if there are any fans on here anymore but they've put up a poll on their website to vote for the songs you want to hear live. It's quite a nice sentiment I thought, probably been done before though.

X

Xtro 2.0

I've *always* treated them as comedy alternative rock. If I HAD to listen to an album it would be the second one (Teethgrinder? I forget).

D

doh_boy

Dunno if its on there but 'vicar in a tutu' by them is class. :)

/edit isn't and neither is Lonely, Crying, Only (or whatever) which was also top.

L

leggy

The second album was babyteeth after pleasure death. Then came nurse, troublegum etc.

The first 2 were the rawest and most amateurly produced and imo the best. Nurse and troublegum are very good but more accessible than the first two.

(Teethgrinder was a song from Nurse btw)

I personally like them and gre up listening to their music. I didn't really like any of the post troublegum albums though.

M

mank

doh_boy: Vicar In a Tutu is a cover of a Smiths song but yes, it does own.

I agree with leggy, Babyteeth and Pleasure Death rock hard, Nurse is good and has a couple of class tracks on (Teethgrinder and Nausea) but also has a couple of songs that send me to sleep. Troublegum's good though, but they've been patchy ever since :/

They're good live though!

S

silverthorn

...and I third that Mank. Troublegum was probably their last best album. They kinda went on a slippery slope downwards as they took themselves more seriously

J

Jonny_Darko

Troublegum's too samey all the way through, I can't seem to listen to more than half of it in any one go.

Now, Infernal Love, that's a corker.

W

Will

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
Now, Infernal Love, that's a corker.
Controversial statement of the year...Infernal Love sucked badly. I liked Short Sharp Shock and Troublegum myself, though Teethgrinder is a good song too.

L

leggy

Short sharp shock was an EP wasn't it? Very good though.

I agree with will, infernal love was utter tripe sticks.

M

mank

All the post Troublegum albums had quite good tracks on it but a lot of it was utter tripe as well.

I do advise seeing them live though, go!

W

Will

Originally posted by leggy
Short sharp shock was an EP wasn't it? Very good though.

I agree with will, infernal love was utter tripe sticks.
Yes and yes.:)

SSS was between Nurse and Troublegum.

M

mank

Shortsharpshock was an EP with mostly Troublegum songs though wasn't it?

ahh no, it's got Totally Random Man on. Which owns.

X

Xtro 2.0

Ah its all coming back now ta.

Yeah Nurse was ok. Troublegum was when I stopped bothering and Infernal Love was absolutely DIRE.

M

mank

I think they went downhill when Fyfe, the original drummer, left and they bought Michael McCarrick(?) in to do cello/extra guitar work.

But there we are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom