Theclq.com

O

old.C4

Found out about this a while back, it "scans" you and the servers you play on and then lists your avarage frags per minute, total frags, time played for and your Rank etc. Anyways, it doesn't "scan" the BW TFC/HL servers but (I think) it does do the BW Q2 servers. Any ideas why anybody? Can this be changed?

C4

O

old.SuicidalTart

You sure it doesn't scan them?
I set up my own server on my ISDN line for a while and I'm sure it scanned that too.

theclq.com's a pile of pish anyway when it comes to TFC, teamplay, not frags or caps.

....but I will admit it is nice to see your name up there, nice idea.

O

old.Tung

Stats don't prove anything even in DM. Look at where the original QW rating system went to.

People started to play for frags... dropping when a good player came on, quitting when death was certain. People had two accounts, one for serious stats, one for messing around. But in general, game wasn't "fun" anymore. Lame I know, but it renders the stats even more meaningless than they are to start with.

O

old.[SLH]Pakman

It definatly used to scan the BW servers - since they were in the list of most popular servers (hint, BW TFC servers are v.popular more would be as popular
smile.gif
)

R

Rup

TheClq gets around the "serious-game" problem by only counting your best 90 mins of playing time so you don't have to watch every frag. I don't think the time has to be consective either; if they ping a server every 2 mins, I think they just take your best 45 2-min intervals.

As far as I can understand from the site, they scan every server visible on the public masters. I'm not sure which master the BW servers point at, but maybe TheCLQ only use one of the HL masters.

Rup.

O

old.C4

I stand corrected.

I think it's pretty good, even though I have an shit Average frags per min of about 0.4. Good thing it doesn't show deaths
smile.gif

And at least you can check if other people use your name, I changed my game name cause there were too many ppl called C4.

O

old.Makhno

Viewed from the perspective of a TeamActionQuake2 player:

I don't think theclq is a good idea. Its certainly no use in aq2. People should be judged on how good they are at a game, not how many newbies they can kill per minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom