The worst thing about necros....

B

bishibosh

is that when we flame chanters saying theyre overpowered, they can reply with a necro flame, the difference being that everyone likes chanters in exp spots but the sight of a necro in ur exp zone makes people scream at their monitor in horror, as all the mobs suddenly disappear and the necro sits there for 5 hours making sure that they never come back

E

Ekydus

Erm, Necros can't solo purples to my knowledge, so if you are in a purple-con area, why worry?

S

Sabu

Originally posted by Ekydus
Erm, Necros can't solo purples to my knowledge, so if you are in a purple-con area, why worry?

right if you are lvl 30 and a lvl 30 comes to area, but if the necro is lvl 34.... bye bye mobs.

S

stupidshady

idd, btw, necros rly suck in grp, they cant hit shit on purp mobs rly

K

kan-

I can solo purple con mobs.

Trees seem to be ok, i think it depends if you get a + bonus vs the mob and if they resist alot.

Cant really chain purple con mobs tho : /

E

Ekydus

D'oh stupid me, thanks for pointing that out .:)

I have been obsessed with my Paladin atm, so I don't see purple players anymore. :D

S

stinkie

lol eky bet my necro can solo purps quicker than ur pali can solo yellows.

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by kan-
I can solo purple con mobs.

Trees seem to be ok, i think it depends if you get a + bonus vs the mob and if they resist alot.

Cant really chain purple con mobs tho : /

O M F G, you're so gimped...you CAN'T chain purple mobs? GIMP!

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by stinkie
lol eky bet my necro can solo purps quicker than ur pali can solo yellows.

Bet I can regen my Endurance bar before you do. :D

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Best thing about necros is...my staff! :D

Blightedbound focus staff or something like that...

Dual Focus 46 levels PW and DSight
16 con
48 hits
1.7 Dps

Hee hee! This staff cons grey to lvl 5 necros!! :D

I will never need to buy another staff for my necro again. :)

...mainly because I never play him but also because of this staff. :)

O

old.Pascalean

Pity the necro's when after getting used to the obscene amount of power they have, they get nerfed back into the stone age eventually.

And in their defense, and in contrast to other uber-soloist classes, all the necro's I have met have been really decent sorts (special /wave to Bigears who bunged me some luvverly lvl50 reaver kit :clap: )

E

elahim

Originally posted by stupidshady
idd, btw, necros rly suck in grp, they cant hit shit on purp mobs rly

uhm.. thats wrong. I did nice dmg on the purps on Avalon. And those give - to our dmg.

A

Apathy

DS-specced necromancers with spec AF debuff and power transfer...they just rock in groups.

The trick is to make them not want to chain solo oranges forever.

a.

E

Ekydus

Yup, aslong as the Necromancer has a good player behind it, IMO they can be pretty cool in a group.

Their power transfer is extremely handy to stop downtime when you don't have a minstrel.
- They get it straight back with their power-drain spell :D

K

kirennia

never solo mobs above orange con. High orange and you will hit your exp cap, reds/purps will give the same exp as an ornage (in general). Of course the cap can be broken with camp bonus tho i think (not 100% sure tho)

O

old.Odysseus

"you miss"
"you fumble the attack and take time to recover"
"XXX evades your attack"
"your attack was absorbed by a magical barrier"
"XXX blocks your attack"
"you cant get a good shot yet!"
"target in view but ill say it's not anyway"
"target out of range"
"XXX is attacking you and your shot is interruped"
"XXX blocks your attack against XXX"
"you hit for 100 (-654) dmg!"
"you target your computer and prepare to perform a Screen Smasher"
"you miss"
"you fumble the attack and take time to recover"
"your computer evades the attack" etc
I could cry

O

old.Wildfire

Well, following the trend...

My necro was first to 50 (in europe, as far as i can tell).
Now he's the first to "retire" from RvR, as, to be honest, they suck hardcore stylee at the moment. One mezz and it's all over. One bolt and, yes, it's all over. One... well, you name it - it's alllll over. Waste of time. Perhaps I'll play him again when (if) they ever finish coding the class.

...bring on teh sorcs!

P

pilia

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Well, following the trend...

My necro was first to 50 (in europe, as far as i can tell).
Now he's the first to "retire" from RvR, as, to be honest, they suck hardcore stylee at the moment. One mezz and it's all over. One bolt and, yes, it's all over. One... well, you name it - it's alllll over. Waste of time. Perhaps I'll play him again when (if) they ever finish coding the class.

...bring on teh sorcs!

Well i just started playing my necro in rvr (rr3l2 atm) but i dont think its that bad.

Yes mezz and stun hit you hard,but still,if only one tank come on you have a descent chance of winning,even without buffs,and if your buffed to the gills,..well,..let loose the insta lifetaps :)

And /laugh to all the mids and hibs that stun the pet and then stand in attack mode facing the shade :)

K

kan-

rofl1.jpg

like this ?

had to lighten the pic up abit, was to dark

T

Trinilim

Please don't be biased towards necros..

Some of them really aren't that bad.

Some are actually very nice and very helpful.

And actually contribute a lot to the group too (transfer power, nukes, and absorb buffs)

:(

B

bishibosh

ye i was just saying they're surely in for a kicking , but then again everyone said that about chanters

E

Ekydus

Well it's arguable that the Necromancer might get a nerf.
That's because they are a class that are pet dependent...
Lose that and they haven't got a chance.

If they get a nerf, then noone will bother playing them...
What is the point to play a class that has a severe handicap and can only solo yellows?

Q

quinthar

I agree with the last caller, Necros can be a feckin nightmare, no other class is soley dependant on their pet.

I had to recast my pet 3-4 times last night because it refused to cross 2 bridges and decided to clear off at warp speed 2 times into purple mobs.

Oh and to round it off, you try living for more than 1 secs when you go LD in an RVR zone or PVE for that matter and rejoin.

NTL had some major hiccups last night and twice I got stranded in the middle of some nasty mobs after LD'ing, comign into the middle of this little lot with an AF120 and no spells for def or offense (Cept for one that makes your own hair go pink and does nothing at all).

Death is quite simply guaranteed each and every time.

Nerfing Necros is going to be an interesting excercise, I just hope if it does happen they fix all the stupid bugs first.

XPing in dungeons is such fun: Coupla nights ago at the vigis

The necro mancer casts a spell (Target in view - Power goes down)
Nowt happens
The necro mancer casts a spell (Target in view - Power goes down)
Nowt happens

Repeat till you have no power left

Yup Necros are fun, and yes Necros are a feckin pain in the ballsack.

B

bishibosh

Originally posted by Ekydus

What is the point to play a class that has a severe handicap and can only solo yellows?

scouts are one of the most popular classes in alb despite this, whats your point.....
and lots of classes can only solo yellow effectively

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom