The worst passwords to use online

megadave

I am a FH squatter
my important ones dont contain words or dates or anything, others i use L33t5sp34k to get past number/character requirements :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hehe I use pass-phrases or longer words with multiple caps, chars and numbers in them.

some ago I used a password breaker on my own generic root password, and was both surprised and shocked when the program broke it in a reasonable amount of time :/

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i use the same method we used in the army, take 2 words that are 2 words eg Micky Mouse and Donald Duck and use one word from each eg Mickey Duck. Chuck in a few numbers for extra security and job done

2 Random selected word that has no meaning to your life, i notice so many people at work doing childrens names or their football team

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Nice to see that even my "weak" password comes up as stong on the MS pw checker.
One of my strong ones comes up as 'Best' before I've finished typing it in.

I've always made a point of using strong passwords. After advising her on the use of good passwords, even my daughter's login password comes up as 'Strong' on the MS checker.

If you use a single weak password for all your stuff online, you've only yourself to blame.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I use a different one for every place i log in, also using an invented word which i've repeated to myself.

Something like bilflugaben sounds like a real word, easy to remember(associate it with an object) and it's surely something that's safe.

IF a hacker would gain access to my bilflugaben account, well, they damn well deserve it :p

Amanita

Part of the furniture
My mum used letmein for a long time until I talked her out of it :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol, smallest password I have is 23 characters I think, thank god for corkboard above my pc xD

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I use a made up word mixed with numbers, works well :p

TdC

i use the same method we used in the army, take 2 words that are 2 words eg Micky Mouse and Donald Duck and use one word from each eg Mickey Duck. Chuck in a few numbers for extra security and job done

2 Random selected word that has no meaning to your life, i notice so many people at work doing childrens names or their football team

kitten milker
scrote grabber
anal roasting
off topic

like so?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
out of those you could have for example

Off grabber
Anal topic

etc

TdC

so milking a kitten is too close for comfort? ;)

nah jk, suddenly a line from the Tom Clancy book Hunt for the Red October comes back to me, where they have a dial in department that simply delivers random words when asked. before they start the mission, they get two random words, one to designate the mission, one to designate the operative.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
was talking to a mate about this the other day, best pwords really are acronyms

ie: someone he worked with used BN105GMH
which is gibberish, but works out as Bus Number 105 Gets Me Home

etc

TdC

aye, but I must say, coming up with that kind of thing time and again (I have about 20 passwords at workies, some of which are centrally managed, some aren't. used to be worse though heh) and it's pretty draining to keep being inventive every password expiry time :/

Laddey

FH is my second home
I use for example...

a really uncommon word or phras...such as....*****onastick

then replace it

*****onaStiCK

then some special numbers after it

Last 4 digits of my mobile phone number for example.

Soz but i'm neither rich, or worthy of hacking.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Well i think the problem is, correct me if im wrong, you could have 6 or 20 characters, but if a hacker wants your pass, and gets a keylogger on your pc or something, its gonna tell you what you type in. I dont think theres much point having 20+ characters unless its serious stuff, but for my hotmail, 6 and 3 numbers will do :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Hmmm...I use a random alpha/numeric/shifted string and then a string related to the site it's for, to keep it unique. So all I really need to remember is the first bit. For example;

^h34**GH1bank - online banking
^h34**GH1books - Amazon
^h34**GH1bids - Ebay

and so on. Some (fucking retarded) sites don't allow you to use shifted characters, so for them I just use the base keys so that would be;

6h3288GH1banks (and so on)

which is obviously less secure, but still pretty random but still easy to remember.

I also have a very complex "Master" password for things like signing SSL certificates, protecting SSH keys and for thing like Password Safe or other Crypto-related stuff. The fact I have a completely screwed-up memory helps!!

When we got the free DAOC month, I remember both my EU passwords, despite having not logged in for several years AND the usernames they related to. I was quite impressed with that (bSqJX3te and n4fZwqUq if you're interested - they've been changed now :p)

EDIT: Just remembered my favourite ever password...it's been retired now, so I thought I'd open-source it! It is...

!rZ&ma5h

which is (for UNIX-types) BANGrzandma5h or 'Bangers and Mash'. That was my university email password, amongst other things...happy days :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom