The word INC

O

old.Odysseus

The word INC is useless for most purposes.

It is a habit for most to simply go 'INC' when they see enemies.
This is complete and utterly useless without any further info, for example in a chatgroup for emain coordination.

This is what a useful report should contain:
-Type of enemy (hib/mid)
-Location of enemy (amg / mill / a loc / etc)
-Number of enemies
-Movement

Remember that by taking the extra 2 seconds to write 'HIBS, MILL, 2FG, MOVING AMG' you are helping a lot of people and your own chances of reinforcements and ressurection are thus also better.

I say this at the risk of being flamed and sounding better-knowing/arrogant, but I really think its just a bad habit.

Use the advice or ignore it.

A

Aussie-

if you see a group of hibs/mids coming behind you then you're not gonna type:
"INC 1FG MIDS BEHIND US IN EMAIN"

INC is to wake up the sleeping albs with /stick

those 2 extra secs typwork get the full group mezzed while INC make us spread.

'advice' ignored.

O

old.krane

I aggree with ody

and IMO writing 2 more words has nothing to do with getting mezzed or not..(u got mezzed anyway with this insta crap)

Its just being lazy or not...
U can never see anyone saying a pure INC in a HB rvr group/chatgroup...
Saying INC is totally useless and just confuses ppl

A

Aussie-

confuse?

wtf are you thinking when you see INC?

it's not INC to mmg or INC to apk
it's INC to YOU.

J

Jiggs

inc and direction is enough:

INC SE for example is enough to get everyone looking, if they have 1/2 a brain they can figure out the rest...

O

old.Odysseus

In 1 group rvr sure, extensive information won't be needed.
My advice is mostly meant for the CG's and as a base of coordinating with a force that is not within visual range of the mentioned enemy force.

K

Kagato.

Agree with jiggs, I in general just type INC NE or INC SE, or INC whatever compass direction they are at which is enough for all intents and purposes.

F

Falcor

i usually use INC and direction, if camping a Mg or something if raoming and get in trouble i give as much details as possible in cg

O

old.Odysseus

inc and direction is plenty information if you are standing at the same place as the one meant to receive the information.
which is rarely the case in e.g. emain coordination chatgroups.

S

sorusi

Agree with oddy learn to type fast and it wont take 2sec more but 0.5 :p or 1sec :p

or start with INC

Nmys at xxx, albs 34fgs

O

old.Astrix

/macro S /say INC SOUTH
/macro N /say INC NORTH
/macro E /say INC EAST
/macro W /say INC WEST

Just put in on your Launch Bar #3 and if you're done switch to your #2 for all styles/spells...

Use SAY not YELL because maybe you spotted them first... Yell puts em on alert... even better would be to say it in group window.

/macro S /g INC SOUTH
/macro N /g INC NORTH
/macro E /g INC EAST
/macro W /g INC WEST

O

old.FIN

Info of direction is good, just wod INC is no use of word..

BUT if we r in chat, and u r DEAD, then give INFO also FFS...

usaully peeps just start eating grass, and thats fucking annoying when no1 talks when dead, at this game when u r dead, u can also speak, that time u can waste 10 secs of your time to give PROPER info , thats all...

InFO= Who, Where, Numbers...dont use locs, and if u dont knwo where u r , then learn it before u go to RVR

emain places: amg, atk, mmg, mtk, dc x, Dc, dc grogans, mmg grogans, East wall , levians, Crim valley, Bolg Valley, Mill, vallley hill, Bowl, idiot line, mind worms, dc hill, stone piles...those r just f.ex's and not hard to learn where those r....and then u can add even 2 places together, to provide good info of place...f.ex DC x east Wall....cant be that hard...not between mmg-amg area, its big area

and when u have learned those, then start learn Odins places..and hibs areas r also Brefine, Gorge and Mount Gollary
and of course before u can enter to emain/odins u have to know your own frontier good also...

N

nicky-nook

Info of direction is good, just wod INC is no use of word..

BUT if we r in chat, and u r DEAD, then give INFO also FFS...

usaully peeps just start eating grass, and thats fucking annoying when no1 talks when dead, at this game when u r dead, u can also speak, that time u can waste 10 secs of your time to give PROPER info , thats all...

InFO= Who, Where, Numbers...dont use locs, and if u dont knwo where u r , then learn it before u go to RVR

emain places: amg, atk, mmg, mtk, dc x, Dc, dc grogans, mmg grogans, East wall , levians, Crim valley, Bolg Valley, Mill, vallley hill, Bowl, idiot line, mind worms, dc hill, stone piles...those r just f.ex's and not hard to learn where those r....and then u can add even 2 places together, to provide good info of place...f.ex DC x east Wall....cant be that hard...not between mmg-amg area, its big area

and when u have learned those, then start learn Odins places..and hibs areas r also Brefine, Gorge and Mount Gollary
and of course before u can enter to emain/odins u have to know your own frontier good also...

OMG i hate being hib that info is leet :)

Reagrds Nicky.

O

old.Zoyster

Exsqueeze me Nicky-Nook: where is Idiot line ?

Can we meet there ?

The Examples of good leads :

2FG Hibbs AMG,

LLAW at LEvians, or

Midds 3FG mmg ----->amg,

BUT tbh in alot of situations I shout INC, but usually HELP, I think it adds Chaos and Confusion to the game and thus making it more spontanious & fun & ROFL at Aussie's arrogance :p

T

The Dragon

inc is better than no warning at all

any more info is a bonus

O

old.LandShark

typing INC really is useless unless they're dead ahead of your grp in which case everyone wakes up and see sme...
if they're not dead ahead, then HIBS SE! or MIDS N! or whatever is far more useful and just as easy to type...

O

old.Filip

Gahh most of you talk about different situations
and most of you are dead rigth in what you say..

Ody. says: INC sux in /c and /as
Aussie says: INC is a nice fast wakeup call in groups
and other are correct in saying that INC [Direction] is enugh most of the time...

allso nick is rigth in saying WHY THE HECK DONT DEAD PPL GIVE INFO WHEN THEY ARE DEAD !

mostly it is like
Gahhhh they got me while i was typing, wrong hotkey bar. no end and other shit .. well we dont care why you died ... just tell where/what killed you and we happily will listen to why your butt got splattered allover

shit i agreed with nicky in something ... /em goes shots himself

O

old.Odysseus

hit the nail on the head. :)

/em helps filip kill himself

O

old.Ramas

For me, "INC", means "Incoming <bad thing or things> at <x> metres from <y>o'clock, directly toward the people who can hear me say this, so get off of /stick, split your lazy asses up to avoid insta-mez, and set ass-whopping to 'on'. Do so immeadiately."

However, this takes a lot longer to type, and is therefore impractical when a troll is attempting to smack me upside the head.

As others have said...

"Inc" in /g when under direct threat = good.

"Inc" in /as or /cg when no-one knows where you are or what you are doing = bad

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by old.Astrix

/macro S /g INC SOUTH
/macro N /g INC NORTH
/macro E /g INC EAST
/macro W /g INC WEST

lol.

Astrix, you must have much bigger quickbars than me.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom