The Winamp Skin Thread

Dukat

Resident Freddy
GO!

champloocy4.jpg

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Unless it's changed, make Winamp so it doesn't load a buttload of memory, then I'll go back to using it. Winamp skins are excellent :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I'm not clicking on that link because I'm worried about infecting my pc with anything with a lowercase "i" infront of it!!! :(

I'm glad because then you won't see my playlist called 'Songs to listen to whilst thinking about Dukat'

:p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Should I feel dirty.....I still use Windows Media Player

<hangs head>

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Should I feel dirty.....I still use Windows Media Player

<hangs head>

Not at all, i use it too. Listening to music while being mesmerised by that ......mesmerising "thing" that swirls and twirls and all of the sudden, 6 hours passed by.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm glad because then you won't see my playlist called 'Songs to listen to whilst thinking about Dukat'

:p

OMG I LOOKED AND THERE IS NO SUCH PLAYLIST! :mad:

I wanted there to be a song about lions on there :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
All media players are the same you onions. Oh Oh oh ! My media player is better than yours ! Yeah ? Well mine's coloured red ! Wow ! Well mine err...err...mine has a window that can be made bigger or smaller ! Wow !

Select track
Click Play
Listen to music

What more do you want ?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Winamp is the devil. Its more agressive than ITunes for taking over your system. You can keep it

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I just find it wants to control everything and doesnt like you using anything else, its power hungry when running in the background and trying to delete it is a real pain

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
For me, winamp sits there and plays what it's told, without any complications.

This is ofcourse 'cause i install the very least, minimum, no extra fluff version of it.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
All media players are the same you onions. Oh Oh oh ! My media player is better than yours ! Yeah ? Well mine's coloured red ! Wow ! Well mine err...err...mine has a window that can be made bigger or smaller ! Wow !

Select track
Click Play
Listen to music

What more do you want ?

Winamp for playing music,
WMP for putting music on external devices.

Winamp looks better, runs faster, takes less memory, has more & better plugins and generally isnt as cumbersome when you just want to do as you say - select tracks, play, listen.

WMP is good if you want to fux around with playlists, ratings, sorting and filing tracks into nice neat section, it is also, in my experience, better than winamp when it comes to putting stuff onto external devices such as a sony walkman.

I like tweaking and messing around with settings to get things running as close to perfectly as I can - this is why for me I dont just choose any media player. I used to do as you say, and I actually used WMP quite alot, but the more I've gotten into tweaking and setting things up, and running music from fairly exotic formats like miniusf etc, the more I've found WMP just doesnt seem to cut it.

Its the same on CS Source, some people just boot it up and play, but I like messing around with sprays, crosshair sizes, mouse sensitivity and graphics settings config files until everything is how I want it to be :)

Its just personal preference at the end of the day, I joke about iTunes but its just a carry over of the old "mac vs ibm" thing and not really meant seriously :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom