TV The West Wing

soze

I am a FH squatter
I just started re-watching this epic series. And in a episode that aired on October 1999 one of the characters said the following.

It's not just about abortion, it's about the next 20 years. In the '20s and '30s it was the role of government. '50s and '60s it was civil rights. The next two decades are going to be privacy. I'm talking about the Internet. I'm talking about cell phones. I'm talking about health records and who's gay and who's not. And moreover, in a country born on the will to be free, what could be more fundamental than this?

So not only is it great but it turns out they can see the future :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i still rate West Wing as the best tv ive ever seen. epic cast, truly exceptional writing.. win all round

Vae

Resident Freddy
I regularly work through the series on my phone. I have all the series as audio only rips since it is a series where the dialogue tells you practially everything about it. I've seen it enough times to know what is happening with each dialogue anyway. Undoubtably my favourite series ever. It did go downhill a little after Sorkin left but was still excellent even then.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have to admit that I have never watched it. It has been on my to do list for quite some time so downloaded season 1 today. 3 episodes in and I am enjoying it.

I didn't watch the Sopranos until fairly recently either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom