The Warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Originating from a cult that lived underground in caves beneath the Realm of Midgard, Warlocks are robe-wearing worshippers of Hel who have mastered the art of spell weaving. They have three types of spells: Primary spells (Cursing Spec), Secondary spells (Hexing Spec), and Utility spells (witchcraft).

Warlock Primary spells take about twice as long to cast as regular spells in the game - however, anytime the Warlock casts a primary spell, they can (at no cost) add in a secondary spell that will land at the same time as the primary. This allows Warlocks to mix and match pairs of spells to fit whatever situation they find themselves in.

=======================

Yey, a gimmick caster for mid.. again... no pet spam, or support stealther fo us, no sir-ee

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
oh poops :( DAMN U ORM I WANTED 2 B FIRST 2 POST :p ok now ill write after i read...

sounds crap, i thought warlocks were sum form of caster/dmg doing hybrid? i dont know much bout the mythology or whatever, and i hope vampiir will b a stealther for sure, warlock will b good in pve grp situations but i doubt it will b that cool in rvr, especially if it takes twice as long 2 cast a spell, wondering if there spell cap speed is 3secs opposed 2 1.5?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hehe now gifv female class so we can all roll sexy trolls >.<

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Since midgard's other class is the valkyree, and theres no way mythic will make that a stealther, i really doubt that they will let hib's vampiir or banshee be stealthers either, vamp will probably be a kind of necro clone, LT/power tap, maybe a BD style mini zerg of useless lvl 24 pets, and maybe a weapon line, albeit with low WS table. God knows what they will do with the banshee, sorc clone without the charm, and with a pbae 'wail' or something?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Reading a vampire book atm(fevre dream) and was thinking the Vampiir might be for Hibernia. Elves and vampires have alot in common: long lives, pale skin, intelligent, cultured, tall/slim etc.... put fangs on any elf and you'd have a vampire!

imo, Vampiir will be a dark elf, come to annihilate it's weaker cousin oO

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
Reading a vampire book atm(fevre dream) and was thinking the Vampiir might be for Hibernia. Elves and vampires have alot in common: long lives, pale skin, intelligent, cultured, tall/slim etc.... put fangs on any elf and you'd have a vampire!

imo, Vampiir will be a dark elf, come to annihilate it's weaker cousin oO
'Tastic book :D

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Does sound intersting tbh can cast two spells at the same time least give it a chance to see what the spell lines are like. Dont underwrite it cause it aint a brillant melee calss like the savage hello overpowrered in rvr or a brilliant caster class like the bd again overpowered then again these views my own and no one has to agree :)

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
If you HAVE to cast spells from both the primary line, and the secondary line, to justify the double cast time, I hope mythic give this caster 1.5 spec, so as to allow a decent speccing in the two lines needed to cast 1 effective spell, or to lose either some primary damage OR secondary spell effect, to gain some utility...

But really, it does sound like it has the taint of gimmick caster, which ruined BD's, Necro's and animists as viable alternative casters, as they are pretty much all one trick ponies...

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Warlock Primary spells take about twice as long to cast as regular spells in the game

Now you have twice as long time to interupt a spell caster :D

Herjulf

Banned
Warlock may be a interesting NF class, wonder if range i upped to compensate long cast time.

Frostalf warlock, up dex. and i think this might be a interesting class.
maaaaan, i wish i knew more about this class, how long the longer cast time is and what secondary spells they can cast that add to the first casted one.

they indicated that the spells would take "ABOUT TWICE AS LONG TO CAST" so looking over a variety of "specline" DD spells etc.

i can see that cast time liest in the 2.5-2.8 area, with some odd 3.0 sec example, my guess is that the dd spell casttime will be based on 2.2-2.5 cast time, making it lie around 4.1-5sec cast time.
Add to that the effect of dex and toa items, well see casttimes nearing 3sec and below. not all that bad.

Not having ANY idea what kind of spells warlock will have, but knowing they can cast double spells. i have every reason to think warlock will be fotm.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock sounds like fun and I will definatly be rolling one :)

Then again I aint so RvR focused like some other ppl in this forum :p :D

Eroa

Banned
with twice the cast spd they will suck in rvr for sure, might be good in pve.

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Looks interesting, though the cast time might be a big issue on this class in RvR with so many intterupts.

Herjulf

Banned
Sarnat said:
Looks interesting, though the cast time might be a big issue on this class in RvR with so many intterupts.

yeah but interupts changes a tad in 1.70, melee has a "chance" to interupt, no longer 100% shure to do so.

Also we do not know what abilities warlock are going to have really, if warlock gets MoC, what debuff or unfriendly effects will he have other then DD.

As i understand warlock will WEAVE spells, what that mean we can speculate on. will it mean that they will simply cast 2 different spells or that 2 spells will work together and form a entirely "new" spell based upon what combinations are casted?

But shure its a disadvantage to have longer cast time, then again we dont know what other then quickcast warlock will have.

Sounds like a fun class, alb zealot sounds fun also ^^.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
with twice the cast spd they will suck in rvr for sure, might be good in pve.
What if they do 3 times the damage? Still suck then?

Herjulf

Banned
gah release that info before its really been beta:ed so actuall class info havent started to leak, dem bastids.

There must be more to warlocks then a 2nd spell being casted simultaneously, with the fisrt. It has to be some tradeup in damage also.
Or versatility in spell lines, making it worthwhile dual casting. (or weaving indications conflicting).

starting to really want to try open beta in december.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Gama said:
Originating from a cult that lived underground in caves beneath the Realm of Midgard, Warlocks are robe-wearing worshippers of Hel who have mastered the art of spell weaving. They have three types of spells: Primary spells (Cursing Spec), Secondary spells (Hexing Spec), and Utility spells (witchcraft).

Warlock Primary spells take about twice as long to cast as regular spells in the game - however, anytime the Warlock casts a primary spell, they can (at no cost) add in a secondary spell that will land at the same time as the primary. This allows Warlocks to mix and match pairs of spells to fit whatever situation they find themselves in.

long cast time during keep battle may not be a problem, and cursing spells and Hexing spells may work like some ML, lowing AF, hit it chance, lowing stats, so in theory they could cast a spell that reduces Dex and drains power of the target, or reduces AF and attack speed etc.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
you might find its sort of a focus spell that you cast the primary spell and have chances to cast the secondary.

it could be midgards answer to the animist High delve dd's with lower cast speed Although not on crappy bomber pets

Although i wouldnt be surprised if the higher damage is offset by the lack of access to high dex chars. Dunno arnt we getting a new race as well or just a new class ?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
"twice the cast time" is not that long. It's ~2seconds with a fully SC'd caster and if the claims of zerging in NF are true, cast-time will be less important.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
This was the thoughts about what the WL would be.
Fun reading 1 year later imo.
I must say that Herjulf is close to the end result (Spooky) ;)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Gama said:
Yey, a gimmick caster for mid.. again... no pet spam, or support stealther fo us, no sir-ee

That makes me chuckle hehe :)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Bag said:
Trying to be fotm??
This is a valid bump and I’m sure there is some ppl out there that can enjoy reading ppls thoughts about what was coming when it comes to the WL.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Conclusion one year after the initial speculations: Useless class mostly aimed at no-skill people who think they pwn, experiment failed, remove it altogether.

:flame:

Outlander

Part of the furniture
lol thought there was a forum error when I saw this thread, thought I had changed settings or something and was reading stuff from last year by mistake. Such year old bumpage :(

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Trying to be fotm??
This is a valid bump and I’m sure there is some ppl out there that can enjoy reading ppls thoughts about what was coming when it comes to the WL.

fotm? What have thats to do with anything?
It doesnt matter if the bump is valid or not still gonna be locked if the mods follow their own guidlines :m00:

Lookie lookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom