The Warlock Nerf

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
What you think about it?

Personally I think they are in-line now. They shouldn't have access to banelord but damage-wise I think they are fine.

Got hit couple of times on my bainshee yesterday - the top lifetap hits for 350ish on yellow casted resists. The dot is still very good (amount of ticks should be shortened by 2) but it's not an I-Win anymore.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I have always been cautious about attacking warlocks with my scout. I had a go at a few pre-1.75 but never managed to kill them in a 1 on 1.

I had a go at one yesterday, just to see what a nerfed warlock was like, managed to kill it before it got any chambers off though :(

From what I hear though the nerf is as you say; brings them back into line and means (hopefully) that my scout and other tanks/rogues might not insta-die to them anymore.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
About right now I reckon. Now, just banshee cone to sort out :p

Incidentally, what's with all the jump casting now? Last night it was like every man and his dog was at it. Always been a few who try it, but it was like fighting rows of deformed bunnies at Behn and Nottmoor :(

Edit: Guess it's something to do with this https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=64894

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Gryni said:
easy kill now :clap: :clap:
And still easy to kill with a WL.
1 vs. 1 WLs will still win the most fights. Even 2 vs. a WL. What we can’t do now is to sneak in and take out 1 or 2 from a FG and get away with it.
WLs needed the nerf and its nice to hear you ppl are satisfied while the WL is still fun to play. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they're still overpowered just not quite so obscenely now, just down to every day overpowered ;) and not nearly as frustating to fight against.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Not been out since patch, but will I surive a champer dump with 22% matter and 1951hp now?

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
i met quite a few WL's at fensalir last night, and i must say im pleased.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i was rvring all day/evening yesterday and fought warlocs here and there.
Died a couple of times but also killed some, which was uncommon:p
So i would say its much better:)
They are still tough oponents but thats fine with me, lots of other classes thats hard to face as well.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Glad most people are happy, still major fun to play the char, just a little more pow usage to kill heavy tanks, ill be still continuing to play my warlock. Now just the bainshee thru the wall shoot bug to be sorted.

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
lol .... still can kill in two hit with my rr6 lock 1 chamber hits for about 700dmg ish without crits

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I respecced my WL yesterday. I specced: 4 curse - 28 WC - 46 hex.
I like 28 WC to be able to rather fast nuke using powerless primer.
DPS is far below most other casters now. Hitting for ~350 each ~2.5s.
Compared to other casters that do ~500 each ~1.2s.
Did a short test on my BB only. Hes has 29% matter resist.
Some figures may be wrong. Anyone specced diffrent?

Warlocks is imo completely screwed, they do lower dmg than other casters, and cast slower, or using all power in 4 nukes

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Surprising Death said:
Warlocks is imo completely screwed, they do lower dmg than other casters, and cast slower, or using all power in 4 nukes
Is it smart to roll one then? :p I mean, people knew what was comming :)

Btw i experience the sorc nerf aswell, to be a great change. Meet a rr6 sorc 1on1 on my r4l4 bm yesterday, and i just charged him and twatted.. First time that have worked as they allways would pop rr5+moc. So imho mythic did a pretty good job this time. Altho that target bug kinda suck, but lets see if they fix it.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Nul said:
1875 AE mez.. :(

Insta+speed5 > sorc range :p

RR5+moc change is all that sorcs really needed. I'd say the last thing that needs sorting is the Banshee cone and the major annoyances are pretty much done with.

Ogen said:

Btw i experience the sorc nerf aswell, to be a great change. Meet a rr6 sorc 1on1 on my r4l4 bm yesterday, and i just charged him and twatted.. First time that have worked as they allways would pop rr5+moc. So imho mythic did a pretty good job this time. Altho that target bug kinda suck, but lets see if they fix it.
not saying they shouldnt be nerfed, just no that much

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:

erm... i thought sorc nerf is in 1.76 :eek7:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Surprising Death said:
not saying they shouldnt be nerfed, just no that much

They should be nerfed beyound what they did to sb's,but they better now.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Why do nerf threads regardless of class turn into a nerf Sorcerers thread? :)

Only experience of a Warlock last night was be insta killed by one. I have 1500 hits and 24% matter resist btw.

moc+soi fix is 1.76, hopefully GoA will be delayed in releasing this patch :D

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
well, i done few 1 chamber kill today, also, 1 chamber 1 nuke caster dead, same with crit 1 tank dead, I got m0m 3, wp 3, aug acuity 2 atm and work mice, (mom 4 soon ;p)
Cant now, but later i post few SSs with old and new dmgs and where i see the wl is fucked now.

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
:clap: Nerf WLs even more :clap: Give em 4 sec between Chambers and 1000 range on Chambered spells unless the load a range first :fluffle: Havent meet a WL after patch though... :eek6:

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
Beltorak said:
:clap: Nerf WLs even more :clap: Give em 4 sec between Chambers and 1000 range on Chambered spells unless the load a range first :fluffle: Havent meet a WL after patch though... :eek6:
nice see noobs still QQing

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Beltorak said:

You cant load primers into chambers, so no range spell, only one you can use for range is the bolt for 43 hex spec. The damage aint that bad the dot hits for about 170 a tick now on average, and a LT hits for around 500 sometimes more sometimes less. What i have noticed is the resist rate has gone through the roof, im 50 hex and got mof1 and the amount of time a unit and a lvl 49 lt resists is silly.

Very much a one trick pony now, 50 hex 20 wc has a slow powerless so in fg situation is pretty slow but it gets you by, most of the time your just a secondary healer (depending how many you got in your grp), or just nearsighting casters with powerless casts, 4 uniterutables isnt a lot really, basically the nerf is what people want which is the damage reduction, but maybe something needs to be corrected with sustained dps because most of the time your fighting with no 0% power due to using units, maybe im just too trigger happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom