The use of +regrowth

E

Ensceptifica

When I was specced 16 regrowth, I used +11 regrowth from my SC and +6 regrowth from my RR to get to 2/3 of my level (50)... supposedly, that would nullify my variance on baseline heals.

However, this is not true. At 33 regrowth, baseline variance is still there. I heal for 250 - 350 with baseline heals.

I respecced and have 25 regrowth now (will get more when I can get another respec stone), totalling 42 regrowth... and the baseline variance is still the same: 250-350.

Basically, it seems +regrowth does nothing at all for baseline heals. I'm wondering if it does anything for my spec heals, as I'll be specced 33 in regrowth soon to use spec heals? With SC and RR I could get it to 50, but would that be of any use?

E

Ensceptifica

afaik there is no variance on spec heals.

I

i-scream

I've read that +regrowth influences power pool.

D

drungan

spec line heals should have no variance.

to find out if the variace of baselines is removed by reaching 50 maybe ?, ask a druid maybe, there's many of them aroundwith 50+ regr

just some suggestions

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by drungan
spec line heals should have no variance.

to find out if the variace of baselines is removed by reaching 50 maybe ?, ask a druid maybe, there's many of them aroundwith 50+ regr

just some suggestions

I'll find out soon enough and post it here, when I get 2 skill respec stones... ( ;

P

Pempulla

The +regrowth has been discussed before (with accordance to bards especially), but here once more:

No effect on power pool.
No effect on spec line heals.

DOES reduce variance of base line heals (there are probably some 'steps' e.g. 25, 50 and 75, similar to weapon spec dmg, e.g. it probably does not matter if you have 75 or 78% of the spec). I would say there are more 'steps' though than those 3, but not 100% sure.

If you have 48 (e.g. 33 spec +4(RR5)+11 (items) there is no variation in any of the base line spells. At all.
As a rule of thumb:
No variation in base line if regrowth (total) is base line spell level+1. Means: base line major heal capped at regrowth 47, minor heal (which is most important in PvE at least...) at 48.

So, you don't have to get regrowth with SC, etc. to 50, but 48 rather is the 'sweet spot'.

O

old.Thanatlos

I've never had any variance on baselines after i respeced to 42 reg (was rr4 at the time i think) so i guess 45 might be the turnaround point if you are still getting variance.
Never looked into it as I never had variance but yes, it should ONLY affect baseline heal variance. It does not affect power pool (only emp and +power affects powerpool)

E

elerand

I've found without +reg on my ward (33 spec reg) the variance on baselines is pretty large, with +13 reg I have pretty much none.

Grp heal did about 111-130 without, with it consistently healed for 128-130.
can't recall what happened to my highest baseline heal, suspect you've already looked into that by now :p

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Pempulla
The +regrowth has been discussed before (with accordance to bards especially), but here once more:

No effect on power pool.
No effect on spec line heals.

DOES reduce variance of base line heals (there are probably some 'steps' e.g. 25, 50 and 75, similar to weapon spec dmg, e.g. it probably does not matter if you have 75 or 78% of the spec). I would say there are more 'steps' though than those 3, but not 100% sure.

If you have 48 (e.g. 33 spec +4(RR5)+11 (items) there is no variation in any of the base line spells. At all.
As a rule of thumb:
No variation in base line if regrowth (total) is base line spell level+1. Means: base line major heal capped at regrowth 47, minor heal (which is most important in PvE at least...) at 48.

So, you don't have to get regrowth with SC, etc. to 50, but 48 rather is the 'sweet spot'.

Ok I knew all of that, except that last time I raised the issue, people concluded the sweet spot was at 2/3 of your level, so around 33. I found this isn't true, so I hope 48 is the sweet spot... I'll have 33 regrowth +17 SC/RR ( ;

Users who are viewing this thread