The ultimate solochar in PvE? | A few questions

Y

yorem

I have a few questions and I would be very greatfull for some answers, preferably from people playing Necros.

If I want to make the best solo char in PvE and get to lvl 50 asap solo, will that be the necro? And if so, can he do this without a high lvled buffbot?

Is he as great at PLing other chars as the rumours say?

What is the average playing time of a Soloing necro at lvl 50 and a character PLed to 50 by a necro?

And perhaps most important, is there a solo guide provided anywhere on the web like Namunas hunter page provides for the soloing hunter? (see the link below)
http://www.geocities.com/lmennuti38/SoloHunting.htm

What is the best solo area at lvl 50 while PLing other chars? (for example Spindel halla in Midgard, is there a similair place in Albion?)

Also, which is the best spec for a cause like this one, and also starting Race?

All hints and tricks are very welcome!

Regards

B

Bodzilla

make necro, spec deathsight, kill undead, ding 50.

P

- Pathfinder -

Inconnu necro :m00:

Necros excel at soloing, with or without buffs. An average played to 50 solo, around 5 days; time to get a toon from 1 to 50, 3-4, depending on bonuses, amounts of deaths and similar.

As for PLing, the megaliths in barrows (Albion's Spindel) or WLs andother undead in the SI zones are popular.

S

stroopwafel

necro if you have 2 accounts so you can PL your infil(!!) yourself

or

paladin if you are a poor guy with just 1 account and cba with getting newbie xp groups

S

stunned

Lol is Necro really to fast at level ? Sounds amazing :)

C

chretien

What happened to playing the game? When did that go out of fashion?

K

Kahland

Originally posted by chretien

Why not pl if you already have 1 or more 50s ???? Do you decide how others play, obviously you judge people by it, mean roleplayer 8[

V

Vaire

Originally posted by chretien

Think it went out of fashion for most people when they've already leveled to 50 "the traditional way" twice or so, or when they've found out they like RvR more than PvE and therefore want to get to 50 ASAP and don't care about the PvE experience a lot.
I doubt you didn't know this though, and I wonder what the intention of the question is, is it just to point out that you don't like powerleveling?

S

shani

Originally posted by Kahland
Why not pl if you already have 1 or more 50s ???? Do you decide how others play, obviously you judge people by it, mean roleplayer 8[

Hmm, I dont see Chretien say PL'ing is bad, I see him asking why people only want to PL ? I remember the lyoness tree groups, I must say auto-pulling trees was a lot more exciting then AC is now

I dont see why you have to drag roleplaying in the discussion ?

J

Jessy

Took me about 7 days played to get my Necro from 1-50, but I did have a problem at L35, wasted about 1/2 a day there getting killed all the time, once i changed to Lyonesse that problem went :)

Also spent about 1 day in the BG, i found it REALLY usefull to get MCL, if a mob resists you too much which can happen you can use MCL to get you back leveling again fast.

Heres the list of mobs to kill :-
vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=47857483&replies=63

Personaly id go with an iconnu, although saracens will make good necro's too with higher dex. its just a personal choice. Make sure you have lots of INT and lots of DEX when starting the character, above 50STR is recomended to carry loot.

N

Nalikin

Took me about 7 days as well to get to 50 . Keep deathsight at your lvl or you could end up struggling a bit . Also practice with Facilitate Painworking , as it can be a lifesaver in battle either for getting extra power or for bumping up pet life when it gets low if insta lifetap is resisting a lot

Y

yorem

Thanks for the advice given and the URL to the mob list.

Regards

C

Cybwyn

About 7 or 8 days /played to reach 50 with my necro but that inluded faffing around with spellcrafting up to about 600 when I got bored of chain killing mobs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread