The ultimate Solo char in PvE ? | A few questions

Y

yorem

I have a few questions and I would be very greatfull for some answers, preferably from people playing Necros.

If I want to make the best solo char in PvE and get to lvl 50 asap solo, will that be the necro? And if so, can he do this without a high lvled buffbot?

Is he as great at PLing other chars as the rumours say?

What is the average playing time of a Soloing necro at lvl 50 and a character PLed to 50 by a necro?

And perhaps most important, is there a solo guide provided anywhere on the web like Namunas hunter page provides for the soloing hunter? (see the link below)
http://www.geocities.com/lmennuti38/SoloHunting.htm

What is the best solo area at lvl 50 while PLing other chars? (for example Spindel halla in Midgard, is there a similair place in Albion?)

and also, which spec is best suited for the cause above, as well as starting race?

All hints and tricks are very welcome!

Regards

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Yes, necro is the best PvE character for getting to level 50 fast but you will make more enemies than friends, it isn't much fun, gets really boring after about 45 levels of the same old thing and grouping is EXCEEDINGLY slow.

There are no good places to solo anymore because all the 'good' spots are camped by around 500 necros usually with a buffbot in tow.

Err...White Lights are good for PLing...as are the Tomb Wights in the Barrows.

Use the search function to find a list of hunting spots with spirit weak mobs.

T

Tualatin

For a caster necro definatly, for a tank paladin.

Paladin is also easier to get into groups, tho Xping really takes the shit with pala's. They are most often the first tank to die.

M

medowind

basically its easy to solo to 50 with a necro on average its about 5 to 10 days played,

I have herd people with buff bots making it in 4-5day /play,

Just do a search for “necro level list” or something on the forums here, might bring up a few oldies,

Average time for a pl toon is 6 days abouts maybe less depends on how lucky you are with camping,

Best spots for pl are…..

White lights (if you can get a spot)
Burrows (if you like OMG NECRO FAG spam)
df has a few places that are duo able for pl + farming
Lots of places in hibs frontier (asking for trouble)
Gobo house (servant spec heal proc buff)

Most spec death sight its the most rounded useful spec, servant might start popping up but its unlikely,

Race doesn’t really matter seeing as int is the only useful stat, so with your first 30 points go 15 in int and 10 in dex,

Trying to keep int and dsight capped as your levelling helps

so at 45 get a full suit of af 51 sced cloth money shouldn’t be a problem, and seeing as how alchemy is useless brings down the cost,

Only reason you make a necro is to pl and gain money fast, they have the potential to be an awesome class, but because of the rather stupidly long list of bugs that isn’t going happen for a while........ (so basically if you think your going to rock rvr like pve your sadly mistaken)

weee look i worteded loadss

B

belth

I doubt we'll be seeing much servant necros due to the spec sucking ass for leveling... Tried it with a /level 20, a pull of 4 yellows was easy without buffs but mana-cost was, ehm, way too high, spent too much time sitting.

Few might respec to it from sight, but that means only the 50's, rest have to get a stone.

P

Pin

Originally posted by belth
Tried it with a /level 20, a pull of 4 yellows was easy without buffs but mana-cost was, ehm, way too high, spent too much time sitting.

Deathsight secondary. /duel challenge the guy you're PLing. Full power again.

(but I don't reccommend levelling on it)

A

Arkian

It's not 100% spot on, i'm sure there are some tweaks that could be made but here goes:

Necromancer leveling guide

1-3: Skeletons - Moldy, Puny, Rotting, standard (various locations)
2-3: Decayed Zombies (various locations)
2-4: Headless Dead (Isle of Glass)
3-5: Zombie Sow (Camelot Hills)
4-6: Large Skeletons (various locations)
5-6: Soggy Skeletons (Isle of Glass)
5-7: Undead Filidh (Camelot Hills, Salisbury Plains)
8-11: Undead Druid (Camelot Hills, Salisbury Plains)
7-15: Tomb of Mithra - all monsters except Mithra priests
8-11: Ghosts (Isle of Glass)
8-11: Boulderings (Camelot Hills)
10-12: Large Boulderings (North Black Mountains)
11-14: Grindylows (Isle of Glass)
12-14: Wind Mephit (Salisbury Plains)
13-15: Mud Golems (Avalon Marsh)
13-16: Sodden Warriors, Drowned, Bugganes (Isle of Glass)
14-16: Gwr-drwgiaids (Llyn Barfog)
15-17: Quicksand (Avalon Marsh)
16-18: Small Skeletal Centurion (Cornwall)
16-18: Ghoul Footmen (Avalon Marsh)
17-19: Skeletal Legionaires (Cornwall)
18-22: Ghoul Knights, Ghoul Lords (Avalon Marsh, often in groups)
19-22: Faint Grim (Snowdonia)
20-23: Cythrauls (Llyn Barfog)
21-23: Undead Seedsman (Isle of Glass Border, Seedsman plant the Haunted Appletrees)
24-28: Wicked Cythrauls (Llyn Barfog)
24-29: Grey Ghosts (Isle of Glass border)
25-29: Giant Skeletons (Salisbury Plains)
26-30: Bwgwl (Llyn Barfog)
27-28: Legionaires (Cornwall)
27-31: Undead Monks (Llyn Barfog)
28-35: Catacombs of Cordova (most monsters)
29-34: Undead Apple Gatherers (Near Wearyall)
29-42: Soultorns (various types, Darkness Falls)
30-36: Dunters (Lyonesse)
32-38: Undead Marshmen and Grangers (Near Wearyall)
35-40: Danoian Clerks (Lyonesse)
35-40: Granite Giants (Dartmoor)
38-41: Undead (North and East of Caddug Keep)
38-41: Tomb Keepers (Barrows)
38-42: Danoian Fisherman (Lyonesse)
39-41: Bean Sidhe (Lyonesse, night spawn)
40-42: Echo room (Barrows)
40-45: Darkfires (Barrows)
40-45: Danoian Farmers (Lyonesse)
41-45: Mountain Lights (behind Caer Diogel)
42-43: Druid Skeletons (Barrows)
42-45: Danaoin Sailors (Lyonesse)
43+: Headless footmen, grasping ghouls, defiled skeletons, ebon skeletons, phantom magi (Caldey)
44-48: Spectral Essences, Spiritual Advisors, Vigilant Souls (Barrows)
45-48: Pikemen (Lyonesse)
45+: Ecto Minions (Dales of Devwy)
45+: Pitch Skeletons (Camp above Cliffton)
46+: Wight Ramp, Celts or Skeletal Druids (Barrows)
47+: Undead Pikemen, Priests of Arawn (Lyonnesse)
48+: Danaoin Soldiers (Lyonesse)
48+: Ghoul Desicrators (Gwyddneau)
48+: Grannies (Emain Macha)
48+: Shark-Bitten Corpses (near Caer Sidi)
49+: White Lights (Caldey)
49+: Cyhraeths (Frontier, near Caer Berkstead)
50: Ancient Zombies, Dread Liches, Blood Liches, Lich Lords (often requires a group)

E

Eggy

You can't make the ultimate PVE king, Ironheart's already done it

B

belth

Originally posted by Pin
Deathsight secondary. /duel challenge the guy you're PLing. Full power again.

(but I don't reccommend levelling on it)

I meant a /level 20 necro, had 18 servant and rest sight. Sure it was funny (compared to sight-spec) to send pet in with damage shield and HoT, pull it back, FP PBAoE+PBAoE/insta-lifetap & finish them all off with 1 insta-lifetap each to fill HP up. The power usage was simply above acceptable however.

For comparisons sake, I was chaining the same mobs (ghoul knights/lords in Avalon Marsh) with my sight necro when he was at those levels.

L

Lorthania

Necro probably is the best for pure PvE. However, a spirit cabby is a good choice too. You can easily do yellow to orange with this spec - although grouping seems to be a no-no with this char.

In my experience, most chars lvl quite well solo until lvl 30, especially if you do quests in between to break the boredom of playing alone all the time. After that, it just goes too slow and lonely to be fun... Try running around Llyn Barfog for a whole evening without ever seeing a living soul, except for the odd char doing his/her epic, and you'll know what I mean.

Well, just my thoughts on this...

Lorth

M

medowind

Well apparently a buff botted servant spec necro with a heal proc buff (I forget what patch that’s in) can mass genocide gobo’s with the damage should just like a matter cabby (apparently faster too)

Servant spec isn’t too bad its just the sheer amount of power it uses to get anything done, nice viscous damage shield though ;p

Ass for the lvl list lots of those mobs aren’t feasible for a necro being wondering mobs/night time spawns, necros should aim for fast spawning camps, problem is all necros use theses spots so its probably faster killing something that isn’t sprit weak just for faster pulling ;p

S

soylent green

Friars are the best solo melee char, if you don't want to be a bloody nerco.

Y

yorem

Thanks for all the feedback, specially the mob list and the "spirit weak" mob url list.

Regards

O

old.Kian

Originally posted by soylent green
Friars are the best solo melee char, if you don't want to be a bloody nerco.

Friar soloes well, and I've soloed almost all of 36 to 42 on my reaver - with halfway decent crafted gear he can chain yellows and oranges, and not just the spirit vulnerable ones. Did most of it in DF so getting full up with loot doesn't become an issue - just have to keep an eye open for assholes like Where...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom