The Ultimate Gig ????

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Well here is your chance to setup your ultimate gig at a venue of your choice. Here Goes

Drummer-Dave Grohl(Killing Joke, Nirvana, Foo Fighters)
Bass Guitar-Steve Harris(Iron Maiden)
Keyboards-Richard D James(Aphex Twin)
Keyboards-Roddy Bottum(Faith No More)
Lead Guitar-Jimi Hendrix
Lead Guitar-Brian May(Queen)
Lead Vocals & Acoustic Guitar-Jimmy Paige(Led Zepplin)
Lead Vocals-Bon Scott(AC/DC)

It will be held at a packed out Old Trafford. Middle of August. There are three supporting acts of Pink Floyd, The Stone Roses & Queen. Your MC for the evening introducing all acts is Mr. Jon Peel. The atmosphere in the stadium is hot. The Lights go down and the curtain comes up. The chilling chords fill the stadium and the Ultimate gig opens up with For Those about to Rock. The Band go through their set of

-For those about to Rock(AC/DC)
-Smoke on the water (Deep Purple)
-Sweet Child O Mine (GnR)
-This is how it Feels(Inspiral Carpets)
-Going to California(Led Zepplin)
-Back in Black(AC/DC)
-Hey Joe(Hendrix)
-Sympathy for the Devil(Rolling Stones)
-Whole Lotta Love(Led Zepplin)
-Brown Eyed Girl(Van Morrison)
-Born to be Wild(SteppenWolf)
-All Right Now(Free)
-Stair Way to Heaven(Led Zepplin)

The Encore

The Band are then joined on stage by Freddy Mercury for We Will Rock You and We are the Champions.

Any complaints ? WHo would you have in yours and what set listing

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
opeth at bradford rio's in 2001. anything i could dream up wouldn't come close

nice kebab aferwards an all

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Right now id say Pantera / Opeth / Lykathea Aflame. Any smallish 1000 or under venue.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Already been to my dream concert -- Deep Purple reunion concert, 1986 (I think) it was. My brother and I standing right next to the stage (and unfortunately very close to a speaker, my hearing hasn't been the same since). Fabulous concert. My brother remembers it best for talking to Ian Paice as he left the stage after the encore.

My own best moment was when Ritchie Blackmore started to do a very long (and bad, his soloing ability went down very quickly in his latter years) solo and I was looking around the stage. Ian Gillan notices me looking around and mouths at me 'look at him' and points at Blackmore. I mouth 'him?' and point at Blackmore. He nods. I point at him and make a one handed gesture, mouthing 'He's a wanker...'. Gillan pisses himself and goes to tell the bass player (forget his name, Glover was/is it?) and they both have a good laugh.

And, apart from that crap solo, it really was a great concert. Only one I can think of that was comparable was Paul Weller somewhere in the late 90's headlining the Reading festival. The two Gallacher brothers appear, do some songs with him then fly off into the night on their helicopter. Was very rock & roll.

Omnium

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmmmm, the ultimate folk/viking/epic metal gig/fest...

Wintersun, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Turisas

It'd take somethin special to beat that line-up, although I could just make up a 40 band list and say thats better...

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, Iron Maiden :) Maybe with Marty Friedman from Megadeth added as well.

Aces High, Out of the Silent Planet, The Trooper from Maiden, with Into the Lungs of Hell and Kill the King from Megadeth as that would be truely rawkin'.

Pink Floyd as support, with Wish You Were Here as the encore :)

Right, I'm going for a wank now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom