The 'Tuscarian' Theory, Please Read

A

Archeon

While browsing BW, as I generally do while I’m sitting around waiting for something to happen I came across this Well seeing as I was responsible for brining one of those necklaces into Midgard (yes I’m proud of what we managed to do, and probably a bit smug. So sue me ;)) I replied with what i could remember and that was that. And then i got to thinking...

...And well its like this, Midgard doesn't do nearly enough raids on K/Q. Sure, we raid TG using the '4fg' method which means we can drop mobs ok-ish and get enough items that everyone gets a good chance on a drop. But look at the albi’s they raid Apocalypse every week, its crazy! It probably has something to do with the mobs being weaker, but I won’t dabble in that....

...But still the King and Queen have only been killed twice, and I know for sure on the raid I killed them I certainly hadn’t planned on killing them. So anyway, while ignoring the riveting chat my guild was having about what kind of alcohol they'd be if they could, I got to thinking. And well, this is what I thought.

Anyway, I know some people have toyed with the idea of doing multiple raids and holding the items back to have one big lotto at the end of the raid. That’s no new concept, then again its never been (as far as I know) applied to public raids.

So this is about where I start thinking, well stockpiling items should in theory work. But I doubt 8fg would want to raid the number of times it would take to get together than items needed to get a ‘good haul’ for the group.

But then again, we look at the 4fg format… well 8fg divided by 2 is 4… no prizes if you can see where I’m going with this :)

So it would work like this, you have 8fg. You break them down into 2 ‘Parties’ of 4fg, the 4fg raid TG twice each.

Now on an average TG hunt using the 4fg method you could expect (on average) to collect somewhere in-between the region of 10 to 15 items. Well that’s not really enough, but if each ‘Party’ were to raid TG twice, well that would generate roughly 48 items.

Which is good, but still not really enough.

But then once the 4 raids have been done, you then (on the weekend) do a final K/Q raid with all 8 groups. Seeing as you’re working with a whoopin 8fg this time you could clear all of the TG mobs. This would bring roughly 20-25 items. Add that to your 48 and you have somewhere in the region of 70 Tuscarian Glacier drops.

Now 8fg of people is 8 lots of 8, which means in total there would be 64(?) people, MORE than enough drops for each people to get at least one drop and leave some over to spare for funds to donate to the upkeep of our realms fine doors.

So, that’s my idea. I have one question – would it be worth making this idea into a reality? True it would tie up TG for 5 days, 1 working week which would mean that we would need the cooperation of guilds that are capable of hunting in TG, as well as other independent raid organisers.

And of course there’s always the question, will people be able to tolerate so much TG in such a short amount of time?

I was thinking of a rota like this

Monday – Party A
Tuesday – Party B
Wednesday – Rest
Thursday – Party A
Friday – Party B
Saturday - Rest
Sunday – Parties A and B

And I suppose the subtle beauty of the thing is that groups could sign up for whichever days they wanted (as long as they did 2, and were available for Sunday)

So thats it, laugh away or tell me its a good idea. If i can get enough support on this i'l try my hardest to try and turn this dream into a reality :)

T

Tilda

alb's just go with as many people as possible aiming to get as far as possible.
one thing that could be combined could be starting a raid with your 4 fg's method and then having another 4 + fg's com in as back up when the mobs started to get too hard?
just something to think about.

Tilda

P

Pandemic

i'm more interested in this 'what kind of alcohol they'd be if they could'
i'd be Lambs Dark Navy Rum

S

svartmetall

I already AM Smirnoff Black Label...but if it gets me a Dragon-Shadow Great Axe, I'm all for it :)

A

Archeon

Another idea might be 3 hunts and those that participate in the 3rd get a +10 modifier to their /random rolls...

B

Blessus

70 item and 64 people is great but what if 24 of those all want the same item and none of the rest?:)

O

old.Sko

IMHO a king/queen hunt would be nice.
No one is really interested in say killing councilors/iso etc on big raid =D

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Blessus
70 item and 64 people is great but what if 24 of those all want the same item and none of the rest?:)

<shrug> same thing happens on a normal raid, only 1 person can get the Agmunder but that doesn't stop 12-odd people rolling for it :)

IMHO a king/queen hunt would be nice.
No one is really interested in say killing councilors/iso etc on big raid =D

I'm inclined to disagree, thats the whole reason most people use the 4fg format because they can kill the councils which drop the cool stuff (e.g. Agmunder weapons, Ozur rings, Kav...Kv... The one that heals off cold damage)

Think i'l try to arrange somthing like this over next week (for the week after). To see if it could actually work, Would be nice if it did really.

Thanks a lot to all those that took the time to awnser the post :)

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Archeon

I'm inclined to disagree, thats the whole reason most people use the 4fg format because they can kill the councils which drop the cool stuff (e.g. Agmunder weapons, Ozur rings, Kav...Kv... The on

Well, those are doable with 2 fg, so 2 fg extra is just an overkill =D

Actually killed councilors once with fg, though dommies caused us a bit of pain =D

N

nott

But look at the albi’s they raid Apocalypse every week, its crazy! It probably has something to do with the mobs being weaker, but I won’t dabble in that....

Apocalypse is much harder than K/Q. Atleast on Gaheris server. Don't know if it's easier if only albs do him.

Our end encounter is by far the easiest, and I think it's almost embarrasing that we have only killed him twice :)

There looks to be a few new leaders tryin to lead big raids here now, so I hope K/Q is in for a beating soon.

K

Kallio

Archeon you slimy bastard! you stole my idea! :p

But I´m up for it m8, could help you organize it also(Cant let you have all the glory) :)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Kallio
Archeon you slimy bastard! you stole my idea! :p

But I´m up for it m8, could help you organize it also(Cant let you have all the glory) :)

<whisper> check out the TE forum, i've already started getting a guild group together </whisper>

Yeah, well you know would be nice to keep TE's monoploy on King/Queen for a little longer (almost lost it last night
:) ).

But really if you wanna lead a few of the weekday raids by all means tell me when your free. I don't think i could single handedly run 5 hunts and not get so sick of TG i'd want to burn the place down

Z

zmurf

<whisper> check out the TE forum, i've already started getting a guild group together </whisper>

Yeah, well you know would be nice to keep TE's monoploy on King/Queen for a little longer (almost lost it last night
:) ).

But really if you wanna lead a few of the weekday raids by all means tell me when your free. I don't think i could single handedly run 5 hunts and not get so sick of TG i'd want to burn the place down

Kallio leading raid's ? could u maybe inform when who lead's what raid's then ? cause id prefere not wasting my time in tg just to get screwed over, ergo not raid with Kallio as leader ...

Not trying to turn this into another flame thread, god know's we got to many as it is, just a genuine question spiced up with a little personal flame, cause of earlier event's ... :/

C

cadiva

Originally posted by zmurf
....not raid with Kallio as leader ...

Been on a TG raid led by Kallio and had no problems whatsoever and had jolly good fun all Sunday afternoon.

Perhaps your 'problem' might have had other contributory factors rather than just Kallio leading the raid?

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by cadiva
Been on a TG raid led by Kallio and had no problems whatsoever and had jolly good fun all Sunday afternoon.

Perhaps your 'problem' might have had other contributory factors rather than just Kallio leading the raid?

First raid with with kallio i asked him if i could join with my lvl 50 healer
told name, spec, lvl, and GUILD

we raid for 3½hour and at lotto i get told i CAN'T enter lotto cause im Nolby Pride, my 'problem' as u call it is souly based on this, and nothing else, wasting my time in such a manor is pathetic and idiotic ...

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: The 'Tuscarian' Theory, Please Read

Originally posted by nott
Apocalypse is much harder than K/Q.

Maybe, but then he does drop quite possibly the best-looking swords in the entire game :).

Users who are viewing this thread