The Timer!

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
What is it with this new timer on the WAR-europe site?

My thoughts:

1. Beta is closed
2. A ny beta opens (open beta)
3. They show us the winners of the beta competition
4. They reveal the last High Elf class
5. They show us lots of new info
6. They send out a new wave of beta invites

Or...

7. RELEASE!

PS. I actually don't think it's the release since they haven't mentioned anything about it before and since it's such a big new I think they will show us a little info about release before they put a timer on the site.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
wow, that clock wasn't there this morning... nice spotting :)

5 days from now... hmm... that would be wednesday, isn't that when the event in Paris is happening? So I think it's just a timer to the point when all will be able to pre-order the game (which basically also tells us release won't be too long anymore either).

But since they don't seem to say anything about it on the site we'll just have to wait for it :)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, its the paris even I think. Looks like there going to actually say something more about the game. Who knows, maybe their going to announce the official pre-order schedule.

Felgar

Loyal Freddie
Paris event my guess. Hope to hear exciting announcements...:)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Can see Iain now cackling atop his castle with a glass of red wine at the 4t of us pulling our hair out.

Please Iain have mercy :worthy:

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
as far as I know from what Mythic have said themselves, then its the timer to when the info about collectors edition will be released. aparently the team are in europe for the event and they will launch the info of the much waited CE there.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
as far as I know from what Mythic have said themselves, then its the timer to when the info about collectors edition will be released. aparently the team are in europe for the event and they will launch the info of the much waited CE there.

Not really worth having a huge countdown for it tho, and also seeing as the info has been leaked anyway.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I've noticed that there isn't any such counter on EA Mythic - Warhammer Online site.

I reckon it'll be an announcement about CE pre ordering and something about getting in an open beta if you pre-order.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
It is GOAs big press event in Paris.

CE info will be released along with a lot of other stuff.

Nate

FH is my second home
Read this, stop speculating :)
Mark Jacobs THE MAN THAT IS MYTHIC! said:
Folks,

I've pretty much said what will be happening on the 26th and it won't be open beta. I can't imagine why anyone would think that quite frankly. Some real simple clues guys:

1) The countdown clock is on GOA's site only

2) There was a leak/multiple threads about possible contents of our CE from a European site

3) In one of the other threads, multiple posters (including a board mod) talked about the contents of the CE being revealed next week in Paris.

So, anyone really want a shot at the title and guess what they are going to be talking about?

I really wish I could say that the date of open beta was going to be talked about but that isn't the case. There will a bunch of things at the GOA event but the date of open beta will not be one of those things. And I can't tell you exactly what we are going to talk about there either for obvious reasons.

Also, as I've said before, don't preorder the CE until you are exactly sure what's the complete story on it unless you were going to order it no matter what. It's only a few more days and everything will be revealed.

Mark

ileks

Part of the furniture
Why are they giving open beta keys out with pre orders when they haven't even sorted the guild beta out yet :( /sobs

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
wow, that clock wasn't there this morning... nice spotting :)

5 days from now... hmm... that would be wednesday, isn't that when the event in Paris is happening? So I think it's just a timer to the point when all will be able to pre-order the game (which basically also tells us release won't be too long anymore either).

But since they don't seem to say anything about it on the site we'll just have to wait for it :)

Pre-order does not indicate that release is close, it mearly tells you that the game will more than likely eventually be released, but that could be anytime in the next millennuim.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
they ran out of production money due to the rising costs of donuts and hot chocolate.

GOA are therefore announcing the pre-order for CE edition so people start to fork out and they get more money, more donuts, more crumbs to fall into the server racks. :eek:

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing as it's GOA only my bets on on a Press anncounment AND a beta wave (yes we could get very lucky)

Nate

FH is my second home
READ THIS, stop speculating :)
Mark Jacobs THE MAN THAT IS MYTHIC! said:
Folks,

I've pretty much said what will be happening on the 26th and it won't be open beta. I can't imagine why anyone would think that quite frankly. Some real simple clues guys:

1) The countdown clock is on GOA's site only

2) There was a leak/multiple threads about possible contents of our CE from a European site

3) In one of the other threads, multiple posters (including a board mod) talked about the contents of the CE being revealed next week in Paris.

So, anyone really want a shot at the title and guess what they are going to be talking about?

I really wish I could say that the date of open beta was going to be talked about but that isn't the case. There will a bunch of things at the GOA event but the date of open beta will not be one of those things. And I can't tell you exactly what we are going to talk about there either for obvious reasons.

Also, as I've said before, don't preorder the CE until you are exactly sure what's the complete story on it unless you were going to order it no matter what. It's only a few more days and everything will be revealed.

Mark

Hopefully this time it'll work :D

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I think it counts down to the moment where we'll all get an invite to play the game for 2 months for free, of course they'll first announce they've been kidding with us all the time and the game is actually coming out at that point too ;)

Sorry, couldn't help myself... I just think it's very funny people still keep guessing at what the timer is for when it's already been said :)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Good luck Nate, people doesn't read replies only first post and then reply :)

Nate

FH is my second home
I think I've done my job :p now all I need is someone to create an account and make a new thread about it...that would really grind my bones! :flame:

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
It's daft. It makes no sense unless it's a countdown to release.

Anyone visiting the website will see that clock and instantly think thats a countdown to release. When they learn it's not, it's a very misleading countdown to something completely unrelated and very minor, they would be well within their rights to feel tricked and even a little insulted.

Where is the tag stating what the timer is for?

Where is the click link on the timer to explain it?

It's arrogant, it's misleadeing, it smacks of GOA all over and it's possibly even enough to convince some that GOA will never learn and go US instead for release.

Simply put, it can only do more harm than good.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
i can see your point, If i was a first time viewer of the site i would think it was the release as what else would it be for?

Having no info about what the countdown is for is silly imo, and whats even more stupid is its for some CE info that we already know about..... Joy!

Really not sure what the ideas GOA had for it are.

They really cant have not known about the leak then put it up, they arnt that out of touch with the community, are they? :confused:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Ah wel, with the time going down, here's another theory.

Its the 25th anniversary of Warhammer. Its celebrations start on the 26th of next month. The even in Paris is one month (exactly) till festivities begin. Chances are, this is all part of the event.

Just a guess.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Ah wel, with the time going down, here's another theory.

Its the 25th anniversary of Warhammer. Its celebrations start on the 26th of next month. The even in Paris is one month (exactly) till festivities begin. Chances are, this is all part of the event.

Just a guess.

I did think along those lines, but unless it rolls out that this month it's an announcement to being next month starts the final closed beta bits and the following month OB starts leading on to game launch the following... NOTHING can be that organised with MMOs

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Chances are this was arranged months ago, so now they have to parade like idiots wether they have anything to say or not.

Nate

FH is my second home
why, why won't they stop!? (slowly going more insane)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
why, why won't they stop!? (slowly going more insane)
lol Nate I feel for you mate. /hug

It smacks a little of desperation to me. The release of CE info by that german site has forced their hand so now they have to go public with the CE press release. I don't suppose anyone connected with GOA will openly state whether this announcemant was scheduled to take place or whether it was hastily convened as a response to the leak?

But the countdown timer on it's own is misleading. We all know why it is there (we do Nate, we really do) but lots of other people wouldn't do. A tagline about a major press release or a click through or ANYTHING should be there also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom