The time has come: Population bonuses on Prydwen

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
After months of inbalanced population bonuses on Prydwen, the cause of it has finally disappeared.

Hibernia Prydwen is no longer underpopulated, and now we just await GOA to update the bonuses and remove them from Hib/Pry.

Let us look at the current numbers for active characters

Albion: 1414
Hibernia: 1092
Midgard: 1091

But, you might argue that active characters means nothing. You might even argue that for some wierd reason, Hib players create more /level 20 characters and logs them on than say ... mids do.

So, let us look at how the RP earned are for the last week:

Albion: 17 113 495
Hibernia: 19 473 958
Midgard: 14 871 509

So, the numbers clearly states that Hib/Pry greatly outperforms any of it's counterparts in the RvR scene. This is not a new trend and has been ongoing for the past months. The new thing is, that the continual growth of Hib/Pry population finally have reached and surpassed the new underpopulated realm: Midgard

Now the question is, will GoA quickly react or lay back and await the US population situation?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Clustering in 2 weeks maybe. They wont do anything until then is my guess.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
And I say, try to add up the numbers from excal and prydwen :)

Oh, and try to look at all character stats, and count only level 50s and see which realm has more :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep, I think the time has finally come, they have had the benefit for a good length of time and the figures show that. Now remove them and lets see how they effect the game.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The bonus is there partly to encourage XP groups in those realms.
In this case, Alb/Pryd needs UP bonus too :mad:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I think its a little more complex than just active toons, I have 6 hib toons you might consider active, but as none of them are higher than level 23, its means squat. I also have 7 active toons on Alb/pryd, 3 of those are crafters, one is my only level 50 - a PL necro, and the next highest is 44, so again, that means nothing towards balance does it.

As for RPs, maybe it just shows how much better Alb and Hib are at farming RPs, and how dumb the mids there are getting farmed in the first place, who knows.

Im sure the bonus are worked out on a much larger scale, and statistics can mean little until you have the full picture.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Original poster, the rps earned is not a valid indicator to use.. The more people a realm has will mean it has a larger pool of 'randoms'. These 'randoms' are reguarly 'farmed' by other realms set groups inflating that realms rps earned. For example albion on excalibur has the largest proportion of randoms which means the mid and hib set groups get rps more easily than the alb set groups (in general). This isnt to say there arent succesful alb groups it just means it is harder to earn rps when playing as the larger realm due to less 'random' targets.

Why aren't you comparing the active players instead of active characters/rps when justifing your case?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I think it was posted in some other thread that GOA looked at active chars when deciding underpop bonuses

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
I think the free level every 2 days should be a standard thing across the the realms.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Brunore said:
I think the free level every 2 days should be a standard thing across the the realms.

I think we can all unite here :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Just a little update on the population. Notice, GoA still haven't acted. ;)

Albion: 1414 (+0)
Hibernia 1095 (+3)
Midgard: 1083 (-8)

Albion: 16 338 238
Hibernia: 18 270 156
Midgard: 15 348 196

It's very much on the same level as monday, except Hibernia increases it's population advantage over Midgard ever so slightly. It's an extremely minor trend, but it follows the same lines we have seen on the US servers. Will GoA react before we reach that?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't it be more common sense to look at amount online than active chars because they means squat.

When you log on, for 5 mins every day you are put down as an active character.

As for the rp's side, Hib makes more rp's due to have a lot of set grps. There is often 2-4 guild groups out every day and i see only a couple of alb ones (PE and some other one) and Maelstorm for mids.

Rest of mids are either bridge-camping pwnlocks, stealthers or the odd soloer that gets mowed down by the alb zerg. Albs zerg, lets face it. 30-40 camping beno bridge with a couple of well-formed groups running about.

Hibs certainly need the PvE bonus. You will not find any group between 20-40 and if your an animist/druid/chanter/bard only you will find a fins group if your lucky.

with between 60-150 on at peak times and weekends its no wonder Hibs need the free level every 2 days.

tribute

Fledgling Freddie
where do you got your numbers from Azathrim, deffo not Duskwave if you check what I said above..

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I get them from GoA's official portal for it: http://daoc.goa.com/

And Bugz, you don't see EXP groups in the other realms either. That's a general problem for the game, not specific Hib/Pry.

It could appear that GoA shows active accounts, where as duskwave.com only shows active characters. But, who knows... a GM perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom