The thread about Nothing.

O

osy

First off, a question for all of you that clicked your way through.

If this thread is about "Nothing", then why did you clicked on it in the first place ? I know it can't be nothing nothing, since there are some bytes involved, that represent the link, and the colors, and the lines. So why did I name it "The thread about Nothing" in the first place ? Ok, maybe it was wrong of me, but I'm still new at doing threads about Nothing.

Then again, if Nothing is Something, maybe the guy with the white hair and the sticky tongue was right. If Everything that is Nothing is Something, then Something is just wrong about Everything, when talking about Nothing.

Take the heat, for example. We all know that the sun warms our planet, causing the air temperature to go up, therefor creating heat. Let's mix the equation a bit. If Sun is Everything, and the warmth of its rays is Something, then the Heat is Nothing ? Couldn't be more wrong, I say, since the Heat is fucking killing me. So how can Nothing kill you ? Well it doesn't kill kill you, it's just uncomfortable, it drives me nuts, and pushes me to do irrational things like posting about Nothing. I meant Something.

Err, I mean Everything.

*bows and leaves the room in a hurry*

O

old.Tohtori

I think it's only appropriate that i be the first to reply to this.

"Why?" you ask, and i answer: "For no good reason at all. It's just appropriate."

I have to say osy, you managed to do quite a post there about snothing.

Now let me explain snothing.

Snothing is something and nothing. It's something about nothing and nothing about something. This isn't a widely known word because i've never told it to anyone but snothing has been around for, oh say, 5 minutes now. Quite a long time fo snothing. If something is nothing and since nothing is something, it becomes snothing. Everything on the other hand is snothing since someone everywhere must(by all reason and logic, illogic aside) think that something is still nothing 'cause they just don't care.

Example: Cars are something. Someone(in africa as an example) doesn't know about cars. To him cars are nothing as they don't exist. He hears about them and then they are something.

So everything is nothing to some degree and everything is something to the other.

Good post, hope i helped too.

L

Lurid

Nothing escalates to something and then suddenly, something becomes everything.

Excuse my obscurity but I blame Death In June for my odd words and strange phrasing.

O

old.job

I'm sorry my pet Orangutang is called Nothing , I thought he had finally made the big time.

G

gengi

I have personally been enamoured of nothing for a long time. I firmly believe that nothing, the state of nothingness is akin to Nirvana, Heaven and a desert Island populated by nubile scantily clad women all gaggging for it, rolled into one.
It is one of the few passtimes that can be done by everyone, and I mean everyone, from dead people to foetuses, everyone can and should in my humble opinion indulge in nothing whenever they can.

Have a nice day indulge the nothing.

Later

O

osy

I shall take some time and filter what gengi said.

It is one of the few passtimes that can be done by everyone, and I mean everyone, from dead people to foetuses, everyone can and should in my humble opinion indulge in nothing whenever they can.

Sometimes, people do indulge in nothing... and they do it like there's no tomorrow. I sure hope you're not one of them gengi.

We established that Nothing becomes Everything, after a small brainwave session. Of course, this differs from one person to another. Like tohto, for example... he took my Nothing and turned it into snothing. We are now left with two basic definitions for Nothing:

Everything and Snothing.

So what you said gengi, is that people should either indulge in Everything and Snothing, or both at the same time. Most just go for Everything, some are a little special and enjoy Snothing. Too much, I'd say.

Now if we were to decompose Everything, we would have a hard time doing it, since Everything is such a Puzzle. Little Puzzle pieces, little Nothing and Snothing and Anything, forming Everything. Some went nuts trying to do it, and a few even succeeded. I dare anyone fitting the pieces back into Everything, though. Anything could happen.

O

old.Tohtori

And we all know Anything is a whole different thing all together.

But let's not go there, got something to do and can't really spend too much time on snothing. Actually i didn't take your nothing osy, i just brought out snothing. Kinda different unless we take everything into consideration in which case you're right.

Anyways, try fitting nothing into something and you'll notice that anything works like everything. Given appropriate time and tools that is.

G

greenfingers

I just wanted to know what 'nothing' looked like? :(

F

Flesh

This thread is about lieing.
But technically since the above was actually true..the above statement is false.
..but if it's false then the statement itself is true but the context is false ?
I'm confused :x

G

gengi

Originally posted by old.Osy
I shall take some time and filter what gengi said.

Sometimes, people do indulge in nothing... and they do it like there's no tomorrow. I sure hope you're not one of them gengi.

I am afraid I am, but only at work

We established that Nothing becomes Everything, after a small brainwave session. Of course, this differs from one person to another. Like tohto, for example... he took my Nothing and turned it into snothing. We are now left with two basic definitions for Nothing:

Everything and Snothing.

So what you said gengi, is that people should either indulge in Everything and Snothing, or both at the same time.

yes absolutely, do it all, everything, something, anything, nothing and of course snothing

Most just go for Everything, some are a little special and enjoy Snothing. Too much, I'd say.

Now if we were to decompose Everything, we would have a hard time doing it, since Everything is such a Puzzle. Little Puzzle pieces, little Nothing and Snothing and Anything, forming Everything. Some went nuts trying to do it, and a few even succeeded. I dare anyone fitting the pieces back into Everything, though. Anything could happen.

tis true Osy, in an infinite universe everything and anything could happen, but not all at once, unless we branch into parallel universe theorems, in which case all is happening as I type as is nothing, and in one the end is come in another it didn't begin so its end has come too, but we are currently in a part which isn't beginning or ending but is middling, minding its own business doing nothing to any of the others and just gradually creeping toward something.

Later

Users who are viewing this thread