The Thing 2011

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Has Ulrich Thomsen in it, he's a pretty good danish actor. Will probably watch it, but not pay for it :rolleyes:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The original had proper atmosphere. It felt like it was the director's personal own little hobby. This new one is just an out & out money making thing. As with 90% of all remakes these days. Add some women / sex, add some FX, rinse & repeat. As Corndog said, will watch it on torrents but won't pay to see it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye. The original had proper beards. A computer that cheated chess. And Kurt Russell

kurt-russell.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
looked abit shit tbh... having a woman as the main role instead of a cool dude like Kurt Russel made zero sense.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
think i'll watch the original later tbh, always nice seeing a bloke have his hands chomped off at the wrists! they better have kept that scene or this movie will be bollocks.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
it's not a remake so i don't think they'll copy scenes tbh

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Its a prequel about the people Kurt Russells lot found dead when they arrived

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not one reference to the original so far in this thread ;)

The 2011 version has had mediocre reviews at best, with most reviews being a lot less complimentary than that.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I don't know about everyone else but I'm looking forward to this. Mary Elizabeth Winstead usually gets "strong" female roles such as Lucy Maclean in Die Hard 4, Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim, and now the Kurt Russell character in The Thing. Besides, how can you not like someone with the initials MEW? :)

Believe it or not, "The Thing" was itself a remake.
The original was "The Thing From Another World"

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5xcVxkTZzM

And yes, they should all be Norwegian. :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Why do this? The Kurt Russell version was perfect. Watched it on Blu-Ray on my own in the dark a few months back and proper bricked it :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I don't know about everyone else but I'm looking forward to this. Mary Elizabeth Winstead usually gets "strong" female roles such as Lucy Maclean in Die Hard 4, Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim, and now the Kurt Russell character in The Thing. Besides, how can you not like someone with the initials MEW? :)

So this means Lamp is... Young?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If it is the people Kurt Russel finds dead in the first movie tho the plot has already been ruined :( because we know they all die lol.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
If you liked the film then I'd recommend reading this; The Things by Peter Watts. Its a short story and its The Thing but from the aliens perspective. I rather enjoyed it, it's a quality reworking of a great story.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The thing was on tv last night. I love it!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
iirc, The Thing ending was deeply contested, as i believe that of the 2 survivors, one had cloudy breath and one didnt, and was never sure if it was a CGI blooper, or meant to indicate that he wasnt human any more

love that film, chest-cavity-teeth > *

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
iirc, The Thing ending was deeply contested, as i believe that of the 2 survivors, one had cloudy breath and one didnt, and was never sure if it was a CGI blooper, or meant to indicate that he wasnt human any more

love that film, chest-cavity-teeth > *

There was quite abit of talk about it aye, also why did Childs leave his post and ultimately let Blair in? then reappear after it had all be done etc and then the breath as you said, i'm sure they'll click onto it eventually and realise "Hey guys! we can make a fucking sequel off this!"

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The original, original, a classic quote my mate's always repeating.
'He moves fast for man with six dogs on his back'

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy

the thing is based on a short story, is it not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom