the temple of elemental evil

O

old.Xarr

i tried the whole thingy abit yesterday. i really like the way how the game starts differently based upon your party alignment. there's supposedly alot of ways to complete the game. i also like the turn based system, everything was very tidy and it was easy getting an overview.

K

katt!

its like bg with an 10x improved character system and interface, i like the radial-menu-thingy.

[this is ~10 min into the actual story so i cant tell you about that yet :p]

C

cruhar

Rated by the ESRB (www.esrb.org). Content may be suitable for persons ages 13 and older.

Contains depictions of blood, scenes of consumption of alcoholic beverages and violence (scenes involving aggressive conflict).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like it ... I like it ALOT! ... DLing ;)

K

katt!

anyone with ad&d 3rd edition experience that can give some helpful pointers in char/party creation?

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by katt!
anyone with ad&d 3rd edition experience that can give some helpful pointers in char/party creation?

i'd recommend having this group-setup: fighter, barbarian, cleric, wizard, rogue.

this way you get alot of tankage (ftr and bbn) and you have the rogue for talking with npc's and detecting trapped chests etc. the wizard is merely for arcane support such as casting sleep on lower levels (it kicks ass around level 1-3'ish) and then later on he can blow shit up for real :D

the cleric is there for healing (both skill-wise and spell-wise) and he will become a good tank later on as well.

i'd recommend rolling the stats as well instead of using that crappy point-to-stat system. if you just re-roll a few times you will end up with good stats.

K

katt!

and what about feats etc? are they like the "weapon specing" of 3rd ed?

C

Cabo-

you have to download it via kazaa or something? dosent seam to work thru windows for me :/

S

swords

If its like the pnp version it'll kick ass...wonder if theres return to the TOEE aswell thats a bitch and a half to do :)

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by katt!
and what about feats etc? are they like the "weapon specing" of 3rd ed?

i'd recommend power attack and cleave for the fighter. for the barbarian you should take the weapon focus feat for greataxe or something just to start with a better weapon than the crappy club (default weapon for the barbarian). the improved initiative feat isn't too shabby either because it lets you act much quicker in the combat initiative. a good starting feat for casters.

for a rogue you might want to take the combat expertise and improved feint feat. the latter one lets you sneak attack your opponents without flanking them and such.

O

old.Xarr

remember that pirating software is illegal!!¤!"#411111oneoneoneone

i merely downloaded a backup copy so i don't wear out my original discs... the very same reason i use nocd cracks. yep. that's meeee. the law-abiding student. yippi-deeee-do. nothing suspicious going on here.

(dc++).

O

old.Xarr

another funny thing you should try out:

make a human fighter and choose the following starting feats; exotic weapon prof (spike chain), combat expertise and improved trip.

firstly the spike chain has 10 feet range as well as 5 feet range in melee combat. and you can make trip attempts with it. the damage ain't too bad either with 2d4. then of course you have your x1.5 strength modifier since it's a two handed weapon.

now if you successfully trip an opponent with improved trip you immediately get another free attack while the opponent is prone. very nice.

stay tuned for more powergaming tips ^^

K

katt!

no kensai/thief with "use all items" +assassination with holy avenger? :X

S

SilverHood

I prefered wizardslayer / cleric

now that was a char that could solo dragons at the end of ToB :D

B

Belsameth

There's a spiked chain in there? cool! now I can finally test the char I rolled ages ago when I was bored :)

K

katt!

you can create your own leet magical items as well. :eek:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Belsameth
There's a spiked chain in there? cool! now I can finally test the char I rolled ages ago when I was bored :)

You can't do goth-bondage with it Bels...

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
You can't do goth-bondage with it Bels...

whiping people that are face-down in the dirt doesnt count?

S

Serbitar

i aint dl'd it yet so i dunno if you can run these characters... but...

Cleric (healing god)
Cleric (battle god)
Paladin (battle god)
Wizard
Wizard

pala for tanking, wizzies for damage, healing cleric does exactly what it says on the tin, battle cleric for divine combat spells (some of which rock). You never need a rogue when you have a decent cleric and wiz cos of the detect traps spell and wizzies have the unlock spell (assuming they took over all the spells anyway) also wizzies end up doing immense damage at later levels (hmmm meteor storm) and clerics have access to lovely defensive spells and uber heals. pala also has the last minute desperate heal with lay on hands, and get some low level cleric spells. definately a must.

K

katt!

iirc if you pick one of the cleric domains (war?) thing you get weapon profiency+focus with the dietys weapon, 2 feats for free and the cleric becomes a semi-good tank.

S

Serbitar

yeah but if they transferred the cleric domains properly you also get some kick ass spells. The weapon focs etc... are perks of being a cleric of that god

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom