"The target is enraged and resists your spell" - Wtf???

I

ImLestat

Happened twice to me today, never ever happened to me before. And I died both times because of it. I was playing my spiritmaster and was pulling orange cons in DF. The mob killed my spirit so I mezzed the mob. The mez stuck, because I got the blue text showing I cast it instead of the purple text saying the mob resisted. However there was another (white if I remember correctly) saying the sentence in the topic. "The target is enraged and resists your spell." Well, I died.

I released and went to Varulvhamn, because we didn't have access to DF. First mob I try there, the same thing happens and I die.

Wtf is this??? I've never ever experienced this before. Something new in any patch? I tried searching the patch notes but didn't find anything.

J

j000 d000d

If a mob has lost more than 5% of its hit points then you can't mezz it.

This doesn't go for RvR, the amount of hit points the player has left at that moment doesnt matter, you either resist or get mezzed.

F

Flimgoblin

it's been around since 1.36? :)
or at least 1.45

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

If you have a root spell, that's what you ought to use instead of mesmerise when the target gets enraged.

I

ImLestat

Lol, ok. Didn't know that. I seemed to remember I had used mez in similar situations before, but perhaps I had been lucky and the mobs hp's was on the right side of the percent mark, or I just remember wrong. Well, thx all. :)

O

old.linnet

Also, if the mob has been hurt and run away, and then comes back when it has healed up, it will still be enraged ...

Lin

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.linnet
Also, if the mob has been hurt and run away, and then comes back when it has healed up, it will still be enraged ...

Lin

Well, I would be pissed if some weasly, little Kobold sicks some ugly ghost on me...

Take some pity on the poor mobs, damnit!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom