The Sun

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Train delays prompted me to unfortunately buy the Sun paper this morning,
oh my sweet jesus what a complete and utter pile of sh**
Throughout there as not 1 balanced review of anything!, and most of it was crap anyway with a picture of a naked/half naked lady to distract you away from the fact that there is little or no content

How do people read this crap :<

/end rant

Marc

FH is my second home
Always buy the sun. Ally Ross is hilarious with his TV review and I find the sport section is pretty good especially Steven Howard. I also read the times and on occasions the FT.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I read the sun, pretty much coz I find it a laugh. Especially the "human interest" stories, best was the sun's headline on monday where it showed that fat pig jade goody in tears coz she passed out doing a marathon. She'd done an hour of training and he training diet included binging on beer and curries :). Hohoho. Laughed all the way through that article.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rather read The Sport, same quality journalism but higher nipple count :p

polza

Loyal Freddie
DocWolfe said:
I read the sun, pretty much coz I find it a laugh. Especially the "human interest" stories, best was the sun's headline on monday where it showed that fat pig jade goody in tears coz she passed out doing a marathon. She'd done an hour of training and he training diet included binging on beer and curries :). Hohoho. Laughed all the way through that article.

with an hours training could you run 21/22miles? and to run to the point where u pass out shows alot of determination tbh.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
the sport is even worse. i bought it for a car journey before just so i could look at boobs.

i got tired of looking at boobs then decided to try read the articles.

i say try, because there was so many spelling mistakes i thought a 9 yr old kid had wirrten it with his eyes closed while running up a hill.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
you know when you read a local paper and you get to the advert section, you get that "oh god when will it end" feeling?

well i get that on every page of the sun, even the sports pages are the same shit. Gary neville going on about how we can still win the league, jose mourinho's fucking latest argument, colin montgomery bumming his latest caddey.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
polza said:
with an hours training could you run 21/22miles? and to run to the point where u pass out shows alot of determination tbh.

I agree I am a fan of Jade :p shes ditzy as fook but she knows what she needs to do to make the pennies.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
the sun doesnt even deserve to be called a newspaper, more of a vulgar and retarded magazine
its pure tripe, the only funny thing in the paper is Dear Diedre! but thats all!

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i read dear diedre if the sun has been left on the table at work, but thats it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Don't agree. With the Sun you know what you're going to get. Plain n simple.

If you're looking for an intelligent read, well-written journalism, don't buy the Sun. It aint quality but its popular. Its a simple read for simple folk. If you don't like it, don't fucking buy it ! Don't come on here ranting cos you were so fucking surprised that it disappointed you ! LOL ! Jeez.

What did you expect to find when you bought it ? It ain't the fucking Telegraph ! If you want a proper newspaper buy a broadsheet.

Its the paper for the working man / woman. It don't pretend to be anything other than that. Its a read in 30 minutes paper then throw it away. Its not a paper for snobs.

I buy it for Jeremy Clarkson's article on a Saturday.

If I happen to get it any other time I don't go "OMG this is shite" cos I know before hand what I'm gonna get is celebrity headlines, page 3, buckets of football, dear deidre, and the stories that matter to the nation put in simple language.

:rolleyes:

tris-

hand bags at dawn.

just because you have PMT dont lash out on fh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
polza said:

Aye fair play to her, she might be an attention whore but at least she isn't earning minimum wage anymore, she is clever enough to milk the media while it lasts. Good luck to her, she might be thick but she has a good heart.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:
the sport is even worse. i bought it for a car journey before just so i could look at boobs.

i got tired of looking at boobs then decided to try read the articles.

i say try, because there was so many spelling mistakes i thought a 9 yr old kid had wirrten it with his eyes closed while running up a hill.

12 year old actually, I have told my newphew Terence to use the spell checker next time ;)

tris-

cHodAX said:
Good luck to her, she might be thick but she has a good heart.

i dont think she is clever in the slightest.

her full on shitness and total bollocks of her whole being is enough for people to like her.

its what sells these days.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
Don't agree. With the Sun you know what you're going to get. Plain n simple.

If you're looking for an intelligent read, well-written journalism, don't buy the Sun. It aint quality but its popular. Its a simple read for simple folk. If you don't like it, don't fucking buy it ! Don't come on here ranting cos you were so fucking surprised that it disappointed you ! LOL ! Jeez.

What did you expect to find when you bought it ? It ain't the fucking Telegraph ! If you want a proper newspaper buy a broadsheet.

Its the paper for the working man / woman. It don't pretend to be anything other than that. Its a read in 30 minutes paper then throw it away. Its not a paper for snobs.

I buy it for Jeremy Clarkson's article on a Saturday.

If I happen to get it any other time I don't go "OMG this is shite" cos I know before hand what I'm gonna get is celebrity headlines, page 3, buckets of football, dear deidre, and the stories that matter to the nation put in simple language.

:rolleyes:
what did i expect?
a newspaper..
dictionary.com said:
news·pa·per Audio pronunciation of "newspaper" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nzppr, nyz-)
n.

1. A publication, usually issued daily or weekly, containing current news, editorials, feature articles, and usually advertising.
lol @ anyone actually wanting to know whats going on in the world is a snob

As it happens the guy was standing there so i bought one as i went buy, i figured so many people read it so must have something in it worth reading. I stand corrected (altho admitedly the Dear Diedrie quite funny)

Marc

FH is my second home
Out of curiosity then, what papers do other people read?

Cant stand the mirror one bit. Just a wannabe sun, but pales into comparison
Star aint so bad, like a watered down version of the sport
Daily Mail i hate with a passion
Express is zzzzzzz
Times is good

Himse

FH is my second home
i usually just read the Times, well the sports bit :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I deliver ze papers for the ungrateful old people who live in their swanky houses with convertables out :>

I always tend to double check The Sun to make sure a) Page 3 is in working order and b) No pages have fallen out.

Compare the weight of The Sun to ANY other newspaper and you will see how much lighter it is in comparison.

As for me...

I tend to read the sun cause i don't give a fuck about politics issues etc. Dear deidre / haggar the horrible / page 3 and the sport sections are all enjoyable reads ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
End of the day, its what you want out of a paper. I like to read whos shagging who in the showbiz world, or some dog that managed to sneak onto a plane and travel round the world and back to its owners house 3 years later. The sun also condeses proper "news" so you get the jist of it, without going into too much detail and boring you. Anyway, its the most popular newspaper by a country mile so it cant be all that bad.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
Always buy the sun. Ally Ross is hilarious with his TV review and I find the sport section is pretty good especially Steven Howard. I also read the times and on occasions the FT.

It is, filth corner is the best! :worthy:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Times or the Guardian depends on what news booth is nearest when i can be arsed to get my wallet out :p

Outlander

Part of the furniture
when i go to gettem I will get the daily mail, guardian/herald, times, private eye, new scientist.

ofc dont get last 2 every day since they aint printed daily :p

forgot, occasionaly I will get the scotsman!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i dont read newspapers, got nothing against them they just dont interest me at all.

guys at work used to read sport/sun etc and it was all crap but some of it was funny but the main reason i dont read papers is because they dont just tell you news they tell you opionions too and try and inflict their beliefs on the readers and tbh im just sooo not interested lol.

i like to make up me own mind.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I guess that's like the "Bild-Zeitung" in Germany then :p Lots of useless content for the less open-minded who like pre-defined opinions best =)

Always a good laugh to read the topics though. "EARTH IS DOOMED, METEOR CRASHING ON IT IN 2007" (or smth like that, wasn't 2007 back then when I read that - which was 2003 or so)

Earth is doomed multiple times tbh and they screwed some test-driver pretty badly, although there was no clear proof of him being involved in an accident he had to suffer hard consequences and was the scapegoat of the nation (he got free from a 2nd judgement, but nobody cared anymore by then, he was the insane mother+children murder by then)

Sad to see how some people are getting influenced by media and aren't able to build an opinion of their own anymore, but I think that's a thing which is becoming more and more common nowadays with people not caring about politics and not being interested in their nations problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom