***The state of Midgard Prices ***

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
How come Midgard has the worst prices by far of all 3 realms, i really cant understand the market system here. It has nothing to do with Albs and Hibs having uber farmin classes etc, as the majority of drop prices ive noticed is stuff even an unbuffed char could get. Some of the lvl 50 stuff like Labby and a few ToA drops are sensible priced, but it seems like the community here is really trying to laugh at any new players coming to Midgard.

The only armour on the housing zone aside from crafted (and trying to find an sc-er to do u a job as a lowbie is impossible) is stupidly priced. Were talkin like 500g for a lvl 30 rog , same for weapons, hell some people are puttin Mournin Rage for 1p+ , its a free weapon for gods sake lol. I can understand if u maybe didnt want to sell the damn things but dont price them if u dont, no one is going to pay 1p for a lvl 22 axe. In general the lack of available items for newer players to afford is atrocious, and it was like this months ago when i last had logged my alts on.

I just dont understand it really, with lower population ud think ud be helping your realmmates to aquire stuff easier.. /shrug

And before i get the inc post from someone i know will post. --> I <-- Do not need these items, the 2 chars i have, one is 50 and the other i kitted out by farmin him aurulite with my 50, it was only while searching through for the first time i noticed how bad it was. (tho i did pick up a band of shadows for 30g somehow lol). A lot of people have agreed with me about this issue , and i think maybe its time some people took a look at thier CMs and maybe put some non comedy prices on them.

PS . Btw the guy sellin end pots for 30g each and slippin the 30p one in the middle, nice try, but ill never have 10p on a char let alone 30 :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I think I've got Mourning Rage taking up space in my vault, message me in game and if its not just a faulty memory its yours if you need it.

End & Mana pots I sell for only just above cost, more as an exercise to get money onto the CM to help with rent than anything else.

Generally though I'm not generating 'lowbie' drops, I think that is as much a part of the problem as anything else. Most people still active are playing their 50s or getting powerlevelled so don't care about gear at lower levels.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
I think its because "free market" doesnt really work that well with a very low population. also goa/mythic has a desire to give away free stuff and money every patch. just think of the new lotm quests where you get one platina for each quest on each character. imagine a small country with a closed state economy. we are not trading with alb or hib here where they have the uber farming classes. And in this small country (ruled by a king) the state prints up new money all the time. so the prices go higher. do some pve and sell stuff expensive maybe. maybe farm some scrolls or do some quests.

i think we need more active players who do pve to get lower prices

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Your missing the point tho , its not so much the availability of the items , as some of the ridiculous prices that are way over the top. As i stated its not just the uber toa rare drops etc, were talkin easily farmable drops or even Rogs, im talkin rogs with awful stats, that are bein sold for a price that no new player would ever be able to afford. hell ,or even some of us old ones.

These drops are never goin to sell on thier cm, theyre gathering dust. An example of the silliness would be (this is not an actual item i saw but a general random drop)..

I see an item , say Chain Arms - af62 , 9quick 3%slash 6%heat 10con.. 96% quality. What would u sell this useless , but still better then store bought and /lvl free armour for ? the awful stats and qual , no one with cash would need to buy it, but hell some lowbie with grey sleeves could sure use it. Id price it, well actually id price it 1copper :p , cos unless its an uber toa stat cap rog i salvage or give away, but id say. 10g .. as example

But its not, the same type of drop i see on mid market for 350g , LMFAO 350G, for that ? i mean wtf, and this isnt a one off thing, its everywhere, there is some prices on there u think they mustve been on drugs when clickin the consigment merchants. Its just as bad with weapons too, take for example the 97%qual lvl 30 proc ones from the champ quest. Theyre not grt but can help u lvl a lot, generally id say theyre worth about 50-70g, but people put them for a plat. sigh.. i will state again - I DO NOT - need these items , i am self sufficent at gettin my own stuff for alts and i provide and my guild provides 4 guild vaults full of free rogs/armour/weps for us all to use on a permanent basis , but it saddens me to see either the greed or laziness of some of these prices , when at a time when ud expect people to be trying to encourage and keep new players into midgard, things like this only add to help scare them off.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
yes there is probably lots of stuff noone wants to buy. there are many players who are not active also with stuff on their cms. i think many dont know really how useful an item is before putting price on it. i have often seen great stuff for sale with to low prices on it, same as useless items with to high prices. i guess the good items sell fast and the other ones stays on cm.

well my point was just that the prices rise since there is to much platina around and to few people doing pve and selling stuff.

Lagas

Fledgling Freddie
midgard CM prices has ALWAYS been higher then those of hib/alb, i belive it to be remnants of that time (ie old players who just have a lot of rubbish on their cm, and are no longer active, as metioned in previous post), personally i never put any L50ish rogs on cm for under 50g, as i find that to be a fair price... i know new players might have a hard time getting rogged up with prices like that, but on the other hand... money are so easy to come by now adays, even at lower levels that includes just getting fully suited from random quests

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
dunno how many save some lowbie drops in cm? example mourning rage for some thid char, put high prize same time for item.
if someone want item? he can buy it for insane prize, but owner in reality wasnt after that.

prizes overall is mids insane alott higher, easy to see when you compare example ring of heavens, some moiraine drops, levi/kraken etc etc.
was waiting patch what now in US help situation but look like its making some easy drops harder to get + harder like roh, easier.
25 essence for random ml mobs drop.......

need roh for few templates but cba pay ~100p+/- for one ring, if theres even one for sale.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
money are so easy to come by now adays, even at lower levels that includes just getting fully suited from random quests

and with that attitude, ppl yank up the prices equally much, or even more, making it actually take a LONGER time to get the needed ammount of cash then it used to be.

just because its easier to make cash now doesent mean ppl are forced to skyrocket their prices.

it was silly enough before the increased cash patch, now its purly insane most of the time. dinged 2 plat on my BD a few days ago and thought that i could actually get something *decent* for once, only to find out that the list prices now is about 5 times higher then it used to be.

cash will only be easy to get if the PRICES stay as they were. upping them will make the cash be just as hard to get as it used to be because u need more of it.

btw Tuppe, koboldspiritmaster still around?

Lagas

Fledgling Freddie
always had 50g/ average rog, 500g for uber rogs, 1g for mediocre-crap scrolls 100-500g for the uber scrolls... hard to come by items have been put on for 10% cheaper than usual cheapest ME price... im such a money monger tbh^^

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
I'm just back to the game, and well my CM is in complete dissarray. I have items spread out over all my characters, that I dont want or need anymore that I would rather sell, but its an arduous task that I havent goten around to yet.

I believe that many of the houses of people who have long left may be screwing up the prices as they still have the old prices of things from when the server was far busier and there was more cash floating around.

On an unrelated note, I really wish Goa/Mythic would allow us to change artifacts into the scroll book, as I wasn't around for when you could, and I have a few artis in vaults and stuff, that I had been waiting to get activated on difirent chars that are now useless.

illu

Part of the furniture
I think the main reason prices are higher is because of the classes that can farm.

On Alb I think Necros can farm easily?
On Hib I think their Pet Spammer can farm easily, like the Animist?
On Mid, you need a ML9 Summ SM to farm stuff which is pretty hard to get!

Oli - Illu

censi

Can't get enough of FH
overpriced here for sure!

dont buy the its harder to get the stuff bit entirly..

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I think the main reason prices are higher is because of the classes that can farm.

On Alb I think Necros can farm easily?
On Hib I think their Pet Spammer can farm easily, like the Animist?
On Mid, you need a ML9 Summ SM to farm stuff which is pretty hard to get!

Oli - Illu

Forget it Illusb. On hib you still need an ml9 chanter OR an ml9 animist (just spamming pets doesnt work). Can do a lot of things with ment aswell, in which case the SM should rawk aswell now.

Nibble

Part of the furniture
aye but to be fair mid is silly overpriced hard to get stuff if u come over with nothing tbh...

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Sub-50 gear has always been rare on the CMs here. People rarely bother saving it - I know I don't, for one. When I grow out of a piece of gear, I give it away on my way to 50, and I guess that goes for a lot of people.

Other than for Thid, you'd never see any crafted gear on the CM with any regularity either. It makes it pretty hard to gear up a first character if you can't twink it out with existing gear.

There are some silly priced items out there, but then again a great many CMs belong to people who no longer play the game, but continue to offer their silly priced items.

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
I for one will make an effort to place all my levelling gear on the CMs for a token amount, I guess the aurulite bought armour is most useful for new characters and I think I have a few sets of these.

On that note perhaps we should have an aurulite farming seesion, buy loads of armour sets and put it on a CM, might make Mid-Dyv a little more welcoming for new players.

Fen

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Thats a good idea. to sell aurulite armor. ill try to sell those also from now on. only people who indend to use it will buy it. and regardless if they are playing in bg or leveling new characters there will be more mids online hopefully.

gawain11

Fledgling Freddie
i have a legendary scer but noone ever asks me to craft anything.. i beleive what goes around comes around, so if im asked to craft for a lowbie all i ask is that they meet me at aieger, tell me what stat gems they want, ill tell them what ingredients to bring to make them, and then i give them the gems. it dont take long and its not like you have to pay gold for being in a group is it lol. so if you see olvarind, vabon or mabon on and you need something just pm me and if im not busy i will be happy to help.. god knows i spent ages skilling up and all i make is dim stuff.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i have a legendary scer but noone ever asks me to craft anything..

and does everyone know WHO your legendary SC'er is? :) ppl need to either know you have one, what all your alts are called or u need to be online with it and have the title on so ppl can search for it or theres no point really :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Heh, I ripped through Master's Lair and got a stupid amount. Message me in game matey. Btw I don't use a bot.

well yes but ur Roo fgs. u can rip through anything if u really wanted to :p

us mere mortals cant compete on such leetness that is Roo :(

*cough* why is my tounge brown? :(

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Another thought i had was that maybe new players dont join guilds as much now as they did before, if there are any new players. That has always been a good way to get help in this game, and you can contribute with something back. i mean i know i get help back from people in my guild, or some company, so i always try and help them. and that concerns alot of players in other guilds also.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
I've allways given stuff for free to ppl that needed it. Else i'd help farm it etc. But to get back to topic, its overpriced.. Take for eksample a ceriac stone.. it's priced to 10p on both servers... like wtf.. full respec is almost half the price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom