Film The Stand

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
My favourite Stephen King novel... It will be 4 films.. Not sure if Mathew McConaughey is how imagined Randall Flag though....

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Did they not do a TV series of this a while back?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
erg, 4 films...way to drag out a franchise. Got excited until I saw that.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I haven't read the book so i don't know how it transitioned from book to TV, but the miniseries was about six hours long from start to finish, so if four movies turns out to be eight to nine hours i don't think it's to much of a stretching.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah but I thought the mini-series was dragged out too...the casting was pretty dreadful in that, except for Rob Lowe, which probably didn't help.

Its a big book and quite a lot happens but I just can't see it being 9 hours worth of entertaining movie.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
The miniseries was excellent. Very made for TV, but a really good watch.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Fantastic book until the end, the whole hand of god thing was laughable.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It is in four parts so I guess it makes a little sense.... But MM for Randall???!!! I'm not sure he is sinister or wicked enough

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't think he was that sinister in the book really, for the most part anyway.

Going to have to read it through again I think, its been years since I read it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Edit, got the Ebook for £4.50, lost my real version in one house move or another.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is in four parts so I guess it makes a little sense.... But MM for Randall???!!! I'm not sure he is sinister or wicked enough

Have you seen True Detective? He is awesome in that, so I'll keep an open mind on it :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Great book. They did a movie in two parts years ago that sucked a big one. Never saw the mini series.

The book does have a lot of content in it. But please God don't release it over four years. Maybe one a month or something.

I haven't watched any of the hobbit films yet because I don't want to wait a year between episodes.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Thing is everyone is going gay for MM just now, GQ had him down as something like the world's best actor. Sorry, but lol? I don't see how someone as overrated as MM can pull off Flag, maybe Christoph Waltz....

Corran

Part of the furniture
noooooooooooooooooooooooo.. please dont ruin one of my fave books ever! It is likely my fave stephen king book of all of them, just stands out in my memory since first time i read it.
The mini-series was really good, some the subplots from the book got meh'd as expected but a film serious in modern day will likely absolutely destroy the soul of the story and be a special effects wankfest! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom