The Spiritmaster

R

rynnor

Once at the beginning of retail there was a class called the spiritmaster that not many people played. It was a good soloer given the pet and if you specced in darkness you got pretty good dd's - not as good as the other realms but the spec ones were life drains which were nice and seemed fair that they should hit less hard. They could also spec in suppression for debuffs n single target mezzes or even in summoning which had pet buffs but had other bits that were broken.

Those who played them were reasonably happy although they would like to see the summoning line fixed and general pet issues all pet casters shared - at this time our only real RvR spec was darkness based primarily with supp a handy addition.

Eventually Mythic looked at the class and decided to give it some loving. Dark specced SM's got Area effect mezz and all our debuffs were insta. Suppression SM's got PBAOE which was pretty exciting for a while and started many an SM alt. Summoning didnt really get fixed but they threw in a getto rez at 23 spec.

This left us with 2 of our 3 specs actually usefull in RvR - Yaay!

Over the last coupla patches the Dark specced SM has gradually become less viable due to changes in the game mechanics for resists, increase in use of bots and spellcrafting.

This leaves us back with just the one viable spec in rvr - the pbaoe - our pets have no ranged attack so are effectively useless in rvr and to get the best pbaoe we need to spec to level 49 leaving nowt for a second line of any effectiveness.

Am I alone in thinking that Mythic dont have a clue what to do with casters in general - except for a couple of supercasters most of the others are heading towards un-viability?

R

Roo Stercogburn

Hehe Ryn, you beat me to the post.

I was waiting to calm down after seeing the upcoming patch notes before doing an in-depth on SMs. Actually, I'd been thinking of doing a State Of The Game regarding SMs comparing the class as it is now to one year ago when I started playing it.

Mythic have very much been Indian Givers regarding SMs but I'm going to mull it a bit more before giving my conclusions.

O

Old Nicodemus

<pop>

<glug glug glug>

<Slurrrp>

Ahhhhhhhh!

A damn fine whine.. and one I couldn't agree more on.

Putting my feet up and getting ready for retirement... because if this continues it'll be much sooner than expected.

Nicodemus
Spiritgimp :m00:

R

rynnor

Sorry about the whine all who read thru the whole thing - I do feel better now :)

From the first I wanted to be a Darkmaster but the gradual erosion has become too much for me - I like to feel I contribute in RvR and thus I was forced to respec to PBAOE - I'll give it a try but its not really what I set out to be...

I really liked the Spiritmaster and casters in general - I guess I'll have to go Bonedancer or else delete all and start again on another realm - neither really appeals tho.

PBAOE aside I do think that casters are gradually being marginalised in all realms - maybe Mythic find it easier if everyone plays a tank?

O

old.Noita

Maybe we should all roll Bonedancers, maybe then we will get the class we were hoping for when we rolled Spiritmasters.

Then perhaps Nicodemus could open up a rest home for retired Darkmasters somewhere close to Gna overlooking the lake?

Z

zapzap

- maybe Mythic find it easier if everyone plays a tank? [/B][/QUOTE]

That is so true just give the rest of us a spoon and Chinese chop sticks.

Anything mythic is doing is to make fights last longer and since nobody what there damage to be less , they just make resist higher .
HI BTW we are the mele realm so it should be good for us, to bad they put the best tank classes in Hib :/

Zapsi RR 5L7
Zapsis RR 6L9 Legendary ALchemist

L

Laroma

> to bad they put the best tank classes in Hib :/

.. and the best casters, and the best hybrids, and the bes.. oh, wait?

:sleeping:

O

otho

Gifve better SM, at least they like an out-dated PAC healer as me with Purity of Meditation. To many groups are so heavily biased to melee that my best buff is useless.

/ em goes looking for someone with use of a good mana regen

/Otho Grudgebearer

O

Old Nicodemus

Then perhaps Nicodemus could open up a rest home for retired Darkmasters somewhere close to Gna overlooking the lake?

Ooooooo! I know just the place... that little island in the middle of the lake. If we clear the Svartalfs off it, rebuild the house and plant a few well chosen Albie gravestones on it I think we could be happy there!

Just think Jeeves and all his friends could enjoy retirement by paddling in the lake and tweaking Njessies tail! ;)

Nicodemus
Hound: I'm not a coward.. I'm just tactically aware!

D

darkseed

SM is not the strongest class in the game, thats for sure.

C

Carnalito

I think SM's need some kind of great baseline ability.

Like maybe instant pbae mezz, similar to the clerics?
Don't think its too much to ask, at least not theese days when every tank has purge =/

O

Old Nicodemus

TBH though Carn, we don't need anymore instas in the game.. they are already wrecking it. What we need is range, resists to be toned down a bit, a summoning line that actually has something useful in RvR and some RA's THAT ARE ACTUALLY USEFUL!!!!!!!

Nicodemus

O

old.Belorfyn

Fixes for those RA's would be cool.

Hope they add something to summoning too, something unique which isn't a DOT :)
Different pets by speccing summoning for example or something would be nice, even cabalists get casting pets soon. Our pets are all almost same.

Anyway, as for the mez changes, I think that changes recently have been made to counter mezzes like that of healers. Maybe they've forgotten that spiritmaster ae mez is only 28 seconds duration at level 40 (which is 2nd best, best being level 50)..
Healer mezzes are probably still useful with all those resists etc but it affects our short mez too much.

The mez changes are currently the biggest issues with spiritmasters in my opinion, along with summoning line problems.
Besides those, I really like spiritmasters and we've only become better since start.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Have decided to respec to full Depression :)

C

cHodAX

I feel for SM's, they are facing much the same problems that Albions casters face. Huge resists, purge and instas galore make playing a caster harder by the day. Even Air Thuergist with the chain stunning pets can be awkward because every tank has over 3000hp with insta heals and the interupt code is so buggy that they can stop you casting even when out of melee range.

O

Old Nicodemus

hey man only just ok !

Back! Back! Get back into your box Troll!

Have decided to respec to full Depression

Oh good grief! We'll have Spiritmasters quoting Marvin the Paranoid Android from now on....

I'm xxxxxxxx, nobody loves me.....

/emails Mythic to get SM only RA : "Prozac"

Better add the Vodka to that email Hufner...

Nicodemus

R

Roo Stercogburn

Depression (baseline SM spell list)

1) Lesser Anadin
3) Nurofen
5) Greater Ibuprofen
7) Make Rainclouds
10) Summon Psychiatrist
15) Greater Downpour
20) Summon Therapy Group
25) Rain of Cats and Dogs
30) Cloud of Depression.
40) Greater Sympathy
45) Hurricane Clouds
47) Morphine
50) Straightjacket

Spirit Depression (SM spec line)

1) Brain Size Of Small Rock
2) Lesser Sister Of Mercy
5) Brain Size Of Town
7) Greater Sister Of Mercy
9) Summon Lenard Cohen
10) Brain Size of City
15) Sap Will To Live
20) Brain Size of Small Country
30) Mez Friends
32) Summon Jack Dee
35) Brain Size of Continent
40) Happy Bypass (AE insta depression)
45) Summon Comfort Food
50) Brain Size Of Planet

C

Carnalito

Originally posted by old.Nicodemus /Pryd
TBH though Carn, we don't need anymore instas in the game.. they are already wrecking it. What we need is range, resists to be toned down a bit, a summoning line that actually has something useful in RvR and some RA's THAT ARE ACTUALLY USEFUL!!!!!!!

Nicodemus

true true :)

maybe longer stun on pet stuns ?? :)

as for RA.. hmm a pet immortality and uberdamage for 1 min ? :)

Would yeld som respect for our beloved pets ! :D

And btw, our AE mezz is a joke :(

Users who are viewing this thread